Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear all,

Our reno is finally completed! Let us now present... Our Masterpiece.

Cheers!

:dancingqueen:

Hi hi,

Nice house!! your tv console cum shoe rack is excatly same as my bro house.. same concept.. at one point was also thinking of doing the same way as you too but didnt do so in the end..

anyway enjoy your new hse.. :yamseng: .

hmm when will my one finish? sianzzzz :(

Any handsome/beauty using dimmer switch for their lights?

I will be using this series for my living room (visible points only)

clipsalzencelo.jpg

for master bed room, Zencelo is very expensive ($125). So i looking into the below one.

Any better suggestion for me? Thank you.

LegrandDimmer20.jpg

wow nice lei.. should have choose this type in the first place.. btw went over to your hse help u see see look look at reno today afternoon.. progress is fast man. doing tiles liao... i think your hse will be finish b4 mine..

treat me coffee ok? i help u see see look look when i pop by my hse which is almost everyday.haha.

Please do! i feel it a MUST. unless you trust ur ID and he willing to see for you lo :)

I can't make it tomorrow... sigh... but i'll ask my dad to go take a look...

For Sony LCD lovers, heard from a supplier that Sony may not be providing wall bracket installation. So check out clearly b4 your purchase.

treat me coffee ok? i help u see see look look when i pop by my hse which is almost everyday.haha.

You just help me see hor.. any wrong just sms/call me! :(

will treat you kopi lah, but not starbuck hor...

I kena yellow card yesterday by my boss for sneaking out! :(

SAD man!

I can't make it tomorrow... sigh... but i'll ask my dad to go take a look...

There is alot of decision making on spot. Tell your dad what you want... :)

Edited by big orange

Hi guys, anyone getting a security system for the house? There is another break in yesterday at Blk 220C.

your side is so happening. Wanna understand how was the break in, under reno then cut the locks or locks being picked, owner shifted in already?

my neighbour installed himself a fake alarm above his front door.

Wanna understand how was the break in, under reno then cut the locks or locks being picked, owner shifted in already?
If you were to break-in to Linear Green, what kinda units would you target? That might yield some light for conjectures.

The most effective break-in deterrant system is thy neighbours.

However, if there are no signs of forced entry, then it's *TING TING TING* !!

Think like a burglar - take it from a TRUE & REAL expert.

Occupied homes are rarely ransacked. Burglars often stake out homes before they break in and avoid homes that look occupied all the time, prominently display alarm system decals or where occupants come and go at unpredictable times.

Your average burglar will target homes with windows and doors that are easy to break or enter, especially if the view of the unit is obstructed by other landscaping or low lighting. Most burglars will try to ensure no one is home before they enter. The true professional is the best equipped, least common and tends to hit only very expensive homes in affluent areas. This burglar is a pro at disabling alarm systems and breaking in whether the home is occupied or not. Fast and efficient, this thief does minimum damage and concentrates on lightweight objects of value.

Take these precautions:

• Make your home look occupied at all times. Put lights, a radio and the television on timers.
  • If you are away for more than a day, arrange for someone to clear those junk flyers outside your unit. Ask a friend or neighbour to watch over your unit from time to time.
  • Trim any shrubs or bushes near windows and doors. These may increase your privacy, but they make ideal hiding places for burglars. se outdoor sensor lights to illuminate the property and any possible hiding places.
  • Secure all exterior doors and windows. A burglar can kick in a weak door. Locks should be good quality deadbolts. All windows should have some form of anti-slide lock, especially if they are located near ground level.
  • Put some signs on windows and doors warning of a guard dog, high voltage, alarm system, no large amounts of cash or valuables inside. These warnings don't have to be true. The idea is to get the burglar to reconsider the risk.
  • Remove any large, decorative outdoor signs with your family name on them. These invite burglars to look up your telephone number and see if you are home.
  • Keep large amounts of cash and jewelry in a safety deposit box at a bank. Don't hide these in your home, thinking a burglar will never guess the spot. Never underestimate a burglar.
  • Make your valuables harder for thieves to sell and easier for police to find by engraving all your valuables with some sort of code or identification.
Edited by DSA

your side is so happening. Wanna understand how was the break in, under reno then cut the locks or locks being picked, owner shifted in already?

it was my neighbour. they have move in partially. the burglar actually manage to unlock the hinge of the metal gate and the wooden door even thought they have a lock on it.

it was my neighbour. they have move in partially. the burglar actually manage to unlock the hinge of the metal gate and the wooden door even thought they have a lock on it.

Wow, 220C that bad huh? Seeing this makes me feel like closing my office door and rush home!

Mine is a bicycle lock....so filmsy, sure cannot tahan 'professional'

Btw, lovelee which level r u at?

hi lovelee, what you mean by unlock the hinge? Is it the lock on the metal gate?

or the connecter at both side that hold the metal gate? :dunno:

Edited by blurer23

hi lovelee, what you mean by unlock the hinge? Is it the lock on the metal gate?

or the connecter at both side that hold the metal gate? :dunno:

the silver part of the gate.

hmm... since all gates and all doors locks belongs to the same vendor, it'll not be surprising that someone has a master key that can open any of our gates and doors effortlessly. Invest in a good padlock or change the existing lock cylinder.

Edited by hihihi

the silver part of the gate.
That's interesting. The only 'silver' parts that I see on my wrought iron gate are the chrome strips where I can shut & release the bolt locks that holds the iron gate in place. All the nine hinges of my wrought iron gate are completely painted dirty gold.

The most critical question: Did your neighbour lock the main door?

Or they only secured their unit with a normal lock?

What did they lock and what did they not lock?

A couple of info on the burglar can be intuitively elicited:

1. Someone who knows & have the intention of exploiting the weaknesses of the hinges of the wrought iron gate.
  2. Someone who can pick locks - this is a trade skill which must be licensed by CID if the person were to work as a locksmith. But anyone can learn the skill locally or know the skill back in their homeland.....
  3. Someone who knows the unit is empty.
Now I have more issues to question the HDB Senior Engineer visiting my unit on the afternoon of 2nd Dec.

lovelee, do ask your neighbourhood whether they would like to meet this Senior Engineer from HDB since I'm bringing a related issue to his immediate attention.

Anyone did curtains/blinds on the window opening to the air-con ledge? How effective is it? And what's the cost & type of blinds or curtains installed?