Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jessie

My Happy Family's New Hse...

is your the top floor....mine on the top floor and was rectified....

nope,..mine not the top floor......

but, the inspector abit slack....i felt.

he kept insist no leakage despite moisture appeared on my ceiling.......and i even engaged my own BCA Inspector, also verified there's leakage lor.

well, guess there's nothing i can do lor.....since HDB side kept insist no leakage.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
so have you shortlist your ID....when do you plan to start your reno?

i m likely will go to ZhiSeng.....PIC : Johnson

he has been very helpful and do help us save quite alot lor.

now my revised quote is ard 18k,....(b4 disc and nego)......with lots of hackings,......find it reasonable lor.

will still try to cut to ard 16k lor.

great! at least one issue solved....shortlist ID is not an easy job though :dancingqueen:

yeap, that's right.

really not easy to shortlist ID.

at least i think my hb is very comfy with Johnson lor..... ;)

but, the inspector abit slack....i felt.

he kept insist no leakage despite moisture appeared on my ceiling.......and i even engaged my own BCA Inspector, also verified there's leakage lor.

well, guess there's nothing i can do lor.....since HDB side kept insist no leakage.

I do not think u should stomach this leaking issue. It's far better to nip this issue in the bud. Because the HDB inspector is short-sighted & failed to see the potential damage plus he doesn't reside in this EM, thus he couldn't care less. Who is to say the leakage will not worsen? And the likelihood that it will worsen is very real & high. Can u imagine the amount of potential damage? And the sheer amount of $$$ u have to fork out to repair this problem in the future?

Speak to the right officer. I believe there should be one officer listed on the page, who is duty bound to help u out on this issue. Request for a better HDB inspector AFTER u convince the officer of the risks & potential damage if this leak is left to its own destruction.

Edited by DSA

I do not think u should stomach this leaking issue. It's far better to nip this issue in the bud. Because the HDB inspector is short-sighted & failed to see the potential damage plus he doesn't reside in this EM, thus he couldn't care less. Who is to say the leakage will not worsen? And the likelihood that it will worsen is very real & high. Can u imagine the amount of potential damage? And the sheer amount of $$$ u have to fork out to repair this problem in the future?

Speak to the right officer. I believe there should be one officer listed on the page, who is duty bound to help u out on this issue. Request for a better HDB inspector AFTER u convince the officer of the risks & potential damage if this leak is left to its own destruction.

hi DSA,

Precisely.

We have gone direct to the Senior Officer incharge of my area,......and he came down to inspect personally, and yet cna still tell us they will only take into account unless these's water leaking! Moisture doesn't mean leakage! Lame!

now i am thinking of bringing this matter to see MP for help cos I dun see I get any help from HDB at all.

We have gone direct to the Senior Officer incharge of my area,......and he came down to inspect personally, and yet cna still tell us they will only take into account unless these's water leaking! Moisture doesn't mean leakage! Lame!

now i am thinking of bringing this matter to see MP for help cos I dun see I get any help from HDB at all.

MP is probably the final resort. And a letter from MP can't change policies; this is how the civil service function.

The key is knowing which unit your issue falls under: is it Repairs Management Unit or Housing Maintenance Projects Unit? Or some other unit? Then speak to the Head of the unit. The other workaround is to let the issue soak till it drips.

Edited by DSA

thanks DSA.

I will go find out which unit it falls in,....then go direct to the head.

now, we still dare not renovate the hse cos worry they will come around and say we damaged it during the reno.......sigh.

sianz......HDB technical officer still maintain strongly that there's no leakage despite moisture detected.

so, he still maintain it's just concrete spalling....... ????

anyway, we hv decided we will just bear the cost of re-doing it ourselves lor.

they are just not helping at all. AArrgghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

how much do you have to pay for the damage?

we have checked with the water leakage ppl and do the concrete spalling.......it will cost me 3-4k to do the whole hse repair lor.

we look at it this way lor.....since we bog this hse at low price,......then still ok lor.

really no time and no energy to *ding dong* ard with them anymore lor.

Hmm since you checked with the water leakage people, why dun you get their confirmation in paper that its water leakage and show HDB officer?

we have checked with the water leakage ppl and do the concrete spalling.......it will cost me 3-4k to do the whole hse repair lor.

we look at it this way lor.....since we bog this hse at low price,......then still ok lor.

really no time and no energy to *ding dong* ard with them anymore lor.

bunbun,

we even engaged the BCA qualified officer to come over to inspect.

We even have the reports and showed to the HDB officer.....but, still......NO NO is the ans.

and from what we understood,......HDB officer will only agree there's a leak when he can see WATER LEAKING directly.

*shake head*

imagine....we spent $400 (from our own pocket),....but also no use. *sigh*

Edited by Jessie

As Bun Bun mentioned, try to get it in black and white. It's sad to think that some divisions really wait till the problem is unmanagable and the whole thing comes in before they say they can rectify.

It's not abt the $ nor the lack of COV you paid. Obviously you guys have factored in the mthly maintainence costs, etc before you all commit to the unit. It's whether what's the root cause, who will be responsible if it really come in, and not whether you have the $ to repair it.

Use the above sentence to the effect when you write in to them, plus some other notes from other forummers. Write to the MND himself, cc to your own MP. Are you in a hurry to get yr reno done up? I'm also bugging my Town council now as there's external water leaks into my unit - which we discovered during last week's painting. I told them they have to rectify this otherwise my reno works will be disrupted, reno permit expiring, and essentionally, they have to give me a rental home because i will be homeless after reno. Okay, i exaggerrated a bit, but then, that's my impression of HDB and their Town Councils.