Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icegal

3 In 1 Microwave Or Built-in Oven?

Hi, i dun bake in my current hse cos gt no oven but interested in baking. Had plan to install a oven in my new place but scare that it will be a waste of $ if i install n nv use. Just saw a post that say panasonic gt a 3 in 1 microwave which can heat/defrost/grill/bake and cost arnd 400. Which 1 shld i choose cos i dun wan to regret after i made my decision.

Edited by icegal

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, i dun bake in my current hse cos gt no oven but interested in baking. Had plan to install a oven in my new place but scare that it will be a waste of $ if i install n nv use. Just saw a post that say panasonic gt a 3 in 1 microwave which can heat/defrost/grill/bake and cost arnd 400. Which 1 shld i choose cos i dun wan to regret after i made my decision.

Are you talking about Healsio??

Its quite ex but do wonders..

We bite the bullet and bought one..

Healthier choice too~~

:sport-smiley-003:

if have space constraint, try microwave oven. i bought a panasonic microwave oven with 11 functions instead of a built in oven & standalone microsave due to lack of space. i find that if I bought it separately and if I dun use frequently enuff, it will spoil easily.

in the end, i got a panasonic all in one, which is space saving, bigger in capacity, and i know I will at least use the microwave function at least once a week.

if have space constraint, try microwave oven. i bought a panasonic microwave oven with 11 functions instead of a built in oven & standalone microsave due to lack of space. i find that if I bought it separately and if I dun use frequently enuff, it will spoil easily.

in the end, i got a panasonic all in one, which is space saving, bigger in capacity, and i know I will at least use the microwave function at least once a week.

Teka also got built in oven with microwave function.

Which model did you buy ? is the baking funtions ok ?

this is the oven that i bought... cos don't have space to house both and oven and microwave. plus i wasn't sure if i will make use of the oven or microwave often cos most of the time eat out, nothing much to heat up. yet, i don't want to have to curse and swear when i really need to use and i never buy... so got this hybrid since it's cheap... below $500 i think... so that won't waste money too.

http://www.sharp.com.sg/SharpProducts/prod....asp?prodID=162

it works as convection oven, grill, microwave. so far had managed to bake cake, muffins, cookies out of it... simple to use. the convection oven comes with preset temperatures. 230, 220, 200, 180, 160, etc (degrees Celsius). The same temperature for the preheat oven function.

quite nice mate

think it was around 200SGD at taka?

or i could be wrong

anyway eyeing this microwave oven which is 329SGD cos i dun wana pay for an oven

budget tight

this is the oven that i bought... cos don't have space to house both and oven and microwave. plus i wasn't sure if i will make use of the oven or microwave often cos most of the time eat out, nothing much to heat up. yet, i don't want to have to curse and swear when i really need to use and i never buy... so got this hybrid since it's cheap... below $500 i think... so that won't waste money too.

http://www.sharp.com.sg/SharpProducts/prod....asp?prodID=162

it works as convection oven, grill, microwave. so far had managed to bake cake, muffins, cookies out of it... simple to use. the convection oven comes with preset temperatures. 230, 220, 200, 180, 160, etc (degrees Celsius). The same temperature for the preheat oven function.

I got the same one too. My mum, cousin all had this, and it is quite convenient. It's >$300..... retails at 499 i think

Hmmmm... my limited experience with Microwave ovens (at my wife's place) that bakes hasn't been very good. Although it still bakes the cakes, it seems to be more runny/wet when it's done baking and the surfaces don't seems to char or brown nicely like an oven. Well, if you don't bake much, I guess it's pretty okay. Maybe newer models bakes better, but my friend's microwave baked muffins still seems a little wet near the bottom.

I also have space issues in my kitchen, I use a cheapo electric oven for my occasional baking and 'grilling'. I put away/hide/keep the oven when it's not in use. Cost me a little over $100 and does my cheese cakes properly, although I have to turn my cake pan in mid cooking so that it browns nicely because the convection fan is off one side on wall.

Have been using Sharp since day 1 since 1993. The m/w is still operating well but just for safety reasons (wear and tear) and have it replaced with a much bigger capacity one, so that more plates can be m/w at one go = saving energy.

Got this Sharp R958A - bake, grill and m/w mutli combination operation also can, Courts selling $599 where as GainCity at AMK ind park 2 selling $569.

Wife will be using it for baking again ! :thumbs up:

actually i think depends on ur budget and also practicality

oven usually for baking, grilling etc

my wtb say she wont be doing much of this so dun waste $ lor

not buying hood too

cos she says not useful then the suction may spoil after a few years

so we getting a microwave with convection and grill features lor

courts was selling the samsung convection oven for 199SGD

good px!!!