Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hihihi

Taking Out Items After Renovation Contract Is Signed.

Hi all,

Wanna gather some experience and comments on end-users taking out items after the renovation contract has been signed. Adding items will not be an issue after all they will welcome u to add more. :deal:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hmm, that would depend on the company you engage, it's reasonable for people to change their mind, remove something, add something. There's hardly a reason for them to behave that way, besides, when you present all your evidence of cutting corners here, they will be the ones who lose out.

My neighbour...sign with one id....half way, wanted to take out 1 item ($1400)...id told her can, but can only pay her back $400. So bo pain...let the id do the item.

My friend already finished her reno.

So far, she's very happy everything with it except this.

Sometimes, must give and take, close 1 eye and move on.

that's very unreasonable! Maybe can ask your friend to exchange another item?

Thought the ID should add addendum if any changes?

Addition or omission should be no problem what.

My neighbour...sign with one id....half way, wanted to take out 1 item ($1400)...id told her can, but can only pay her back $400. So bo pain...let the id do the item.

That is quite high handed ...

What if she wanted to add a $2000 item? $1200 discount?

I think this largely depends on how the quotation was negotiated.

If, say the total quotation is $30K and the ID/contractor gave a lumpsum discount of 15% off, then it will be tricky. Reason being different IDs earn from different items; eg some will earn from woodwork, some will earn from masonary, etc. It all depends on whether they have their own manpower or 'sub' out to other contractors to do, whether they got volume and get bulk discount from vendors and other contractors.

So if you take out all their low-cost items (which they earn more) and leave behind all the hi-cost items (which they earn less) and still have a lumpsum discount at the end, they will eat grass liao; so confirm not happy lor.