Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cyn

Miko & Jade's Paradise

Hi Everyone!

It's been a crazy few weeks for me cos 1st OCBC rejected my loan and I'm taking less than 50% loan. My girlfriend also had her loan rejected by OCBC... don't know is it they full oreadi... So finally settled with DBS with a fixed 3 years at 2.98%...

Then my seller requested for handing over only after Hari Raya, which falls on 1st Oct. Planning our 2nd appointment on 1st Sept cos just after the 7th month. Because he needs to contra, our initial agreement was that if he needs to major renovate his place we will give him 1 month grace, if not about 2 weeks. He got a place which needs minimal renovation but he wants to spend Hari Raya for the last time at this place...

I will probably need about 2 months to renovate the place and I'm currently renting so the lease will expire on 15th Nov, so if I agree, I'll need to pay another additional 1 month rent... What should I do :dunno::dunno: ??!! Haven't given him an answer yet but I want to start my reno asap just in case of any hiccups along the way... Any suggestions :help::help: ?

Meet up with my ID, Shealin yesterday and will start planning for my design and reno... So many small little details to look into..... But am trying to enjoy every moment of it......

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Went to look for my FS master yesterday to check out on the best dates for us to Kai Men and Tong Du.

Best dates are 22nd Sept for Kai Men and 25th Sept for Tong du so I don't think I can allow my seller to stay there til 1st week of Oct. And in the whole of December, the only good date for us to move in is 6th Dec which is just nice as it gives the reno a bit more time just in case of any hiccups....

Meet up with Steven from Ideal house today and will be getting my quote in about a week... Can't wait to see how bad is the damage but he told me it should be about 30k++ :dancingqueen::dancingqueen: ....

Looking for a few more ID firms this week and hopefully can firm things by end July.... :yamseng:

Went to look for my FS master yesterday to check out on the best dates for us to Kai Men and Tong Du.

Best dates are 22nd Sept for Kai Men and 25th Sept for Tong du so I don't think I can allow my seller to stay there til 1st week of Oct. And in the whole of December, the only good date for us to move in is 6th Dec which is just nice as it gives the reno a bit more time just in case of any hiccups....

Meet up with Steven from Ideal house today and will be getting my quote in about a week... Can't wait to see how bad is the damage but he told me it should be about 30k++ :dancingqueen::dancingqueen: ....

Looking for a few more ID firms this week and hopefully can firm things by end July.... :yamseng:

Hi,

possible to recomd ur FS master? im looking for 1 also..

hi Cyn,

your hse good location leh.

below valuation....good buy!

dun worry abt 4th floor....cos mine also 4th floor.... ;)

with that kind of asking price for the COV......it's basically difficult to buy high floor lor.

good thing yours and mine are 4th floor buy unblock.... ;)

Hi,

possible to recomd ur FS master? im looking for 1 also..

Hi Sanji!

My FS master is actually FOC :sport-smiley-004: Cos I'm a member of 'House of Fengshui'....

The membership fees is $25 for a year and you'll get a one-time free consultation... but i went to look for him more than once(need to check beforehand when and what time he'll be there) :sport-smiley-004: They have outlets at Great World and T3 but I go to the one at T3....

He will not go down to your place personally so you'll need to give him the direction readings of your main door and from there, he will advice you....

Let me know if you are interested and will PM you the contact :yamseng:

hi Cyn,

your hse good location leh.

below valuation....good buy!

dun worry abt 4th floor....cos mine also 4th floor.... ;)

with that kind of asking price for the COV......it's basically difficult to buy high floor lor.

good thing yours and mine are 4th floor buy unblock.... ;)

Hi Jessie!

You bought your place without COV as well :dancingqueen:

I know what you mean.... units at my blk of higher floor are going for at least 30-40k COV so to me, no doubt it's a low flr... I still feel it's a good buy... Yours too :D

Have you decided on your ID? I'm still looking around...

:yamseng:

Finally realise that I've not posted my floor plan ;) .... Here it is..........

floorplan.jpg

And this is my space layout done by me, myself and I :paint::sport-smiley-003:

FloorPlan2.jpg

Still trying to rack my brains trying to find a solution to make the walk-in wardrobe bigger... DH don't want the master bedroom to be too small and I'm want a big walk-in wardrobe and the same time trying not to eat into the space where I'm putting my dining table :dunno: ....... Arrrrghhhh :furious: ... Any suggestions??

Finally realise that I've not posted my floor plan ;) .... Here it is..........

floorplan.jpg

And this is my space layout done by me, myself and I :paint::sport-smiley-003:

FloorPlan2.jpg

Still trying to rack my brains trying to find a solution to make the walk-in wardrobe bigger... DH don't want the master bedroom to be too small and I'm want a big walk-in wardrobe and the same time trying not to eat into the space where I'm putting my dining table :dunno: ....... Arrrrghhhh :furious: ... Any suggestions??

Hi!

Love your idea of a walk-in wardrobe! it's at where my storeroom is. How I wish I have an existing storeroom like yours!

Samantha

Hi Hi Samantha!

Ur layout is almost the same as mine except the entrance... ur seller bought the recess area, did u do up a shoe cabinet?

There's a recess area outside mine too but the seller did not buy it so if i wan to, have to wait til after the 2nd appt to buy it and the process will take abt 3 mths... So DH say buy or dun buy the area oso belongs to us, why bother to go thru the whole thing again.... sigh but I've got GREAT PLANS for that area :notti::notti:

Might not be extending my WIW into the foyer cos the walk area is very small... Instead will keep the WIW within my room and the foyer as dining area...

:yamseng:

Edited by Cyn

I'm FUMING mad today...

Before I place a deposit for my place, the seller's agent who is also acting on behalf of us, mention to us that the seller needs to contra and will need extension. Max 1 month if his new place need to major overhaul... When seller firmed on his new place, I was told that the place need minimum reno and here came the request that he wants an extension til after Hari Raya. After seeking advise from my FS master, I went back to the agent saying that I would need the seller to hand over by 21st Sept as I need to start my reno by 25th Sept and MUST move in on 6th Dec...

2 weeks later which is today, the agent called me telling me that she had to buy the seller lunch and waited an hour for him.. blah and blah.... then told me the seller agreed and the 2nd appt date will b tentatively around 21st Aug..... 21st AUGUST! It's still during the Chinese 7th month!!! I'm CERTAIN that from the beginning I've told her that I would like to request for the 2nd appt to be on 1st Sept which is just a day after the 7th Mth which is also shortly before the end of 8 weeks!! She told me that she thought I said that I don't want to move in or start reno during the 7th mth and I NEVER told her about wanting the 2nd appt on 1st Sept :furious::furious::furious: ... then she went on blabbering that 'Sept is a fasting mth, how can I rush the seller to move out and move in during then (Seller and agent are Malays), she also fast so she understand. I have never fast before so I don't know' :furious::furious: ... With all due respect, I know it's tough to not eat anything during the day... but when they sold the place, they should have known it's going to fall during this time??!! Then she say the seller now wanna do this and do that to his new place so need more time!!! I then told her I need to move in by 6th Dec and since the place need MAJOR OVERHAUL, I want to give the contractors sufficient time to do the job. She actually told me to rush the contractors and give the seller more time... Immediately I asked her,'If the contractors didn't do a good job, can I ask for compensation from you??!! You want me to be fair to the seller then who is being fair to me??!!'

She actually raising her voice during the conversation with me :curse::furious::furious: and all along, I was very nice to her but today, she pushed me to the limit!

This issue is not resolve yet and I do not wish to talk to her anymore.... sigh.... How can I get my point across to her... :help::help::help:

Edited by Cyn

I'm FUMING mad today...

Before I place a deposit for my place, the seller's agent who is also acting on behalf of us, mention to us that the seller needs to contra and will need extension. Max 1 month if his new place need to major overhaul... When seller firmed on his new place, I was told that the place need minimum reno and here came the request that he wants an extension til after Hari Raya. After seeking advise from my FS master, I went back to the agent saying that I would need the seller to hand over by 21st Sept as I need to start my reno by 25th Sept and MUST move in on 6th Dec...

2 weeks later which is today, the agent called me telling me that she had to buy the seller lunch and waited an hour for him.. blah and blah.... then told me the seller agreed and the 2nd appt date will b tentatively around 21st Aug..... 21st AUGUST! It's still during the Chinese 7th month!!! I'm CERTAIN that from the beginning I've told her that I would like to request for the 2nd appt to be on 1st Sept which is just a day after the 7th Mth which is also shortly before the end of 8 weeks!! She told me that she thought I said that I don't want to move in or start reno during the 7th mth and I NEVER told her about wanting the 2nd appt on 1st Sept :furious::furious::furious: ... then she went on blabbering that 'Sept is a fasting mth, how can I rush the seller to move out and move in during then (Seller and agent are Malays), she also fast so she understand. I have never fast before so I don't know' :furious::furious: ... With all due respect, I know it's tough to not eat anything during the day... but when they sold the place, they should have known it's going to fall during this time??!! Then she say the seller now wanna do this and do that to his new place so need more time!!! I then told her I need to move in by 6th Dec and since the place need MAJOR OVERHAUL, I want to give the contractors sufficient time to do the job. She actually told me to rush the contractors and give the seller more time... Immediately I asked her,'If the contractors didn't do a good job, can I ask for compensation from you??!! You want me to be fair to the seller then who is being fair to me??!!'

She actually raising her voice during the conversation with me :curse::furious::furious: and all along, I was very nice to her but today, she pushed me to the limit!

This issue is not resolve yet and I do not wish to talk to her anymore.... sigh.... How can I get my point across to her... :help::help::help:

Put your foot down. If you ahve a written agreement on dates which the seller shld move out etc then all the better. Push for the 2nd appt on 1 Sept as you plan. If they can't be flexible then why should you? Also it's not your problem if they want to do this and that and require a longer than necessary extension.

Put your foot down. If you ahve a written agreement on dates which the seller shld move out etc then all the better. Push for the 2nd appt on 1 Sept as you plan. If they can't be flexible then why should you? Also it's not your problem if they want to do this and that and require a longer than necessary extension.

Hi JCase!

There's no black and white so rightfully on the 2nd appt I can take over but out of goodwill, I allow the seller to extend which at the point of exercising the OTP there was no confirmation how long but to a max of 1 mth...

When I told the agent why I was so concern when the seller bought his place how much reno needs to be done and she told me not much... She became DUMBFOUNDED! She keeps saying that since I want the 2nd appt on 1st Sept, the handing over will be 1st Oct!!

I've decided I'm a Nice woman for too long... Joking and talking to her nicely all the time... and I'm also paying her commission thought she's the selller's agent!! I'll tell her if she's standing at the seller's side, I'LL NOT PAY HER COMMISSION cos she not helping me at all! My intentions were made known from Day 1 and they tell me things last min and expect me to give in??!! :furious::furious::furious:

Hi JCase!

There's no black and white so rightfully on the 2nd appt I can take over but out of goodwill, I allow the seller to extend which at the point of exercising the OTP there was no confirmation how long but to a max of 1 mth...

When I told the agent why I was so concern when the seller bought his place how much reno needs to be done and she told me not much... She became DUMBFOUNDED! She keeps saying that since I want the 2nd appt on 1st Sept, the handing over will be 1st Oct!!

I've decided I'm a Nice woman for too long... Joking and talking to her nicely all the time... and I'm also paying her commission thought she's the selller's agent!! I'll tell her if she's standing at the seller's side, I'LL NOT PAY HER COMMISSION cos she not helping me at all! My intentions were made known from Day 1 and they tell me things last min and expect me to give in??!! :furious::furious::furious:

Technically at the 2nd appt the seller needs to hand over the keys to buyer. You can be nasty and take possession of the flat at this point. The agent does not dictate the handover date but should try to facilitate a process that is win-win for both parties. Seeing that she is not wiling to help, you can take possession of the keys and make the seller sign an undertaking that they have up to 2-weeks to move out, i.e. mid Sept. To lend weight to it, engage a neighborhood lawyer to oversee the agreement and ensure that it is biding. Good luck with this Cyn. :yamseng:

Technically at the 2nd appt the seller needs to hand over the keys to buyer. You can be nasty and take possession of the flat at this point. The agent does not dictate the handover date but should try to facilitate a process that is win-win for both parties. Seeing that she is not wiling to help, you can take possession of the keys and make the seller sign an undertaking that they have up to 2-weeks to move out, i.e. mid Sept. To lend weight to it, engage a neighborhood lawyer to oversee the agreement and ensure that it is biding. Good luck with this Cyn. :yamseng:

Thanks JCase! Will need all the luck I can get...

Hmmmn, u mention take possession of the keys... at the 2nd appt? Shouldn't they be the ones to be more worried about the extension than me?? As a buyer, like you hv mention, technically I can take over the flat at 2nd appt so they should be the ones who needs to ensure that they can extend their stay and not me getting my lawyer to do all the paper work.... and by allowing them to extend their stay, I'm liable for anything that happens in the flat?

The agent was very tactless when talking to me and she should know that the seller is asking for a favour and not the other way round... I do not want things to turn ugly but seems like it's heading this way :(