Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokine9a

Resale Flat Buyers, Do U Remove Your Window Grilles?

Hi all, for those who bought a resale flat, if you have no kids or if you are single, did you remove or plan to remove the existing window grilles? Any pros and cons by doing that?

I am thinking if it is good to remove those grilles to make my house brighter and more airy. I am staying in a corner unit, no windows facing the corridor.

I am worried if I regret later, I need to pay another sum of money to put them back :bangwall:

TIA :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

also....i understand from a few IDs that these days, the cost of doing grilles are very expensive....think twice my friend....

I changed all my windows, those not facing the corridor, all no grills.

Once you put up the curtains and all, can't really tell the difference anymore when you gotten used to it.

me not removing too as owner just change few years back, still in good condition and is true that windows grills are very costly nowadays!

Thanks everyone, for all the advices and comments :D

Actually my windows grilles are still in pretty ok condition, though I have 2 sets of windows+grilles in my house...One set in brown color while the other in silver...Don't understand why the previous owner wants to do thing this way :bleah: Due to my tight reno budget, I chose to close one eye :bangwall:

Looks like I should just leave the grilles there and proceed to do my roller blinds now.

:yamseng:

PS. Hi kunning, how is life going? Have you started your reno? Using Ho Bee?

hi hi :good:

I'm in the final stage of shortlisting :deal:

Still learning and gathering tips from everyone here so I can preempt some of the pitfalls.

Must say that there's plenty of good learning points in this forum.

Wish me luck :dancingqueen:

:seeya:

hi hi :good:

I'm in the final stage of shortlisting :deal:

Still learning and gathering tips from everyone here so I can preempt some of the pitfalls.

Must say that there's plenty of good learning points in this forum.

Wish me luck :dancingqueen:

:seeya:

GOOD LUCK to you :drunk: