Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gingerbelle

Urgent Need For Contractor To Do Toilets..recommendation Pls!

Hi every1,

i urgently need a contractor to do my 2 toilets. apparently the contractor i looked for said he's not free, i called him many times but he hung up on me, so i gave him up. now i need a contractor who can do the following works;

a) overlay 2toilets floor tiles

b) do 2 kerbs for both toilets

c) remove & install common toilet sink (ive bought the sink since march)

i know this is a very small job & im not sure if there are any contractors who are willing to do & i need recommendation!

any1 pls! if u ve reliable contractor, pls let me know.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have you tried Ho Bee? Their tiling work is good and they don't mind to take small projects if they are not too tied up.

Call Mrs Quek @ 67885841.

To Gingerbelle,

1st of all, I would like to check with you on the location of your Resale HDB apt. 2nd thing is to check with you on the age of your resale hdb apt. If your apt that you've bought over is at least 6yrs old & above, I would strongly recommend you to hack & re-do the floor tiles because:

Yes, overlaying will be cheaper as you need not pay for the hacking of the existing tiles. But the problem with overlaying is that cement does not stick well on a smooth surface such as wall tiles even with chemical adhesive added. So theres a possibility of tiles popping out prematurely. You have to decide between saving a thousand plus dollars & risk having tiles falling out / popping out in a year or two or paying a fraction more of the overall amount & having the peace of mind.

Design is all about practicality & aesthetics.

To Gingerbelle,

u can try to call andrew (9389 3006) he is from designer guy and quite responsible guy...u can give it try

Hi every1,

i urgently need a contractor to do my 2 toilets. apparently the contractor i looked for said he's not free, i called him many times but he hung up on me, so i gave him up. now i need a contractor who can do the following works;

a) overlay 2toilets floor tiles

b) do 2 kerbs for both toilets

c) remove & install common toilet sink (ive bought the sink since march)

i know this is a very small job & im not sure if there are any contractors who are willing to do & i need recommendation!

any1 pls! if u ve reliable contractor, pls let me know.

i also did two toilets

a) overlay floor and wall tiles

b) change toilet bowls, basins, toilet doors, toilet windows

c) install heater,

d) change to stainless pipping,

e) kerb at masterbed room toilet

f) paint ceiling and the fat fat pipe

mine is a almost 20years old flat.

it cost about $9k excluding all fittings, accessories such as heaters, toilet bowls and basin and shower stuff. you may pm me for pics if u wan. i dun wan to leave the contact here lah...or else might be mistaken for reno sales person...

Edited by ahjane

i also did two toilets

a) overlay floor and wall tiles

b) change toilet bowls, basins, toilet doors, toilet windows

c) install heater,

d) change to stainless pipping,

e) kerb at masterbed room toilet

f) paint ceiling and the fat fat pipe

mine is a almost 20years old flat.

it cost about $9k excluding all fittings, accessories such as heaters, toilet bowls and basin and shower stuff. you may pm me for pics if u wan. i dun wan to leave the contact here lah...or else might be mistaken for reno sales person...

just want to ask: did you choose all the fittings yourself and ask the contractor to install? or did he make recommendations and buy for you.

Hi Ahjane

yes, same question as timpani - did your cost of $9k include the cost of fittings like toilet bowls and fittings? Did you buy or your contractor buy?

i know you don't want to post the contract details - but i am looking for 1, my condo is 20 yrs old also!! i need to good, reliable and cheap contractor.

Tia!

The toilet fittings, e.g. toilet bowl, instant water heater, basin, provided by contractors are the standard ones. My contractor did not give me a range of choices to choose from. Others things like taps, you have to buy yourself and ask the contractor to install. I purchased the taps, shower accessories and got the contractor to fix them.

Hi Ahjane

yes, same question as timpani - did your cost of $9k include the cost of fittings like toilet bowls and fittings? Did you buy or your contractor buy?

i know you don't want to post the contract details - but i am looking for 1, my condo is 20 yrs old also!! i need to good, reliable and cheap contractor.

Tia!

cost about $9k Excluding cost of all fittings & accessories such as heater, toilet bowls and basin and shower mixer, tap mixer, shower head, toilet rank stuff.

I bought from royal franco at jalan besar and have it delivered prior to the reno. My contractor did not bring me to any place to buy.

reliable....hmmm to the extend i actually went away for a 12 days holiday and leave my house to them to do it. I did not wan to come back daily to a super super dusty house. It is not a new house but one that i already staying in.

mine is overlay. Original is HDB tiles with no leakage or seepage. So i think overlay is safe, make it double safer by adding waterproofing.

i choose not to be around to supervise so i leave it to luck. Hehe, so far...no complain (touch wood) of water leakage. of course there are little imperfections here and there which bound to happen. Workmanship of the tiler is good lah..my gouting really slim. overall 4 out of 5 ba.

just want to ask: did you choose all the fittings yourself and ask the contractor to install? or did he make recommendations and buy for you.

i merely bought it and get contractor to instal..No recommendation. I jus normal stuff...so dun need special instruction. prior to reno and my flight to a 12 days trip...i already brief my contractor when the shower head should be. I dun have much choice where to place the basin or toilet bowl..

Edited by ahjane