Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coconut

Advice On Furniture Placement

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
stove?

hi mace, will the position of the stove affect the fs prospective, if no, then i will remain...no $$$ to renovate kitchen :(

if it does affect, then i will save on other furniture in order to move the stove

Edited by coconut

hi mace, will the position of the stove affect the fs prospective, if no, then i will remain...no $$$ to renovate kitchen :(

if it does affect, then i will save on other furniture in order to move the stove

not recommended but up to individual lor.

not recommended but up to individual lor.

hi mace, if i install a Bathroom Ventilating Fan to draw the air out from the toilet, is it ok ?

hi mace, if i install a Bathroom Ventilating Fan to draw the air out from the toilet, is it ok ?

i have similar kitchen layout as you. after living for coming to 7 years, and going to revamp the kitchen, i am now better to know what i want and how i place the appliances, stove and basin. I cook regularly and hang my clothes inside too when raining or at work. my dining table is also in the kitchen.

I know nuts about FS and only can share with u the practicality part of actually using the kitchen.

Triangle formation for fridge, stove and fridge is indeed important. Do not put the stove next to window, your window grill and window panel or the ledge will be super dirty and oily over time. And when the wind blows in from the window especially when u are cooking, before the hood can suck in the smoke and smell, the wind already blow it into the whole house unless u close the kitchen door. U might think u will close the window panel, then u will know how dirty the panel will be. And not forgetting the wind will blow off the fire, unless u use induction cooker.

Your stove should be on the other side of the basin. You can also keep an eye on kids or guest in the living room while cooking. Stove nearer (cooking and ganchiong part) to fridge is better than sink nearer to fridge (preparation part)

Basin next to window is good cos the breese helps to dry the plates..haha...

As i am right handed, it is easy with stove on my left and basin on my right. Cos i can easily dump dirty utensil and cockery (used during the cooking process) straight into the basin await for mass washing.

My fridge face the kitchen door, cos it is convenient for guest or family member to get drinks or snack.