Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enz

Rectangular Place Of Mine

Wait for yr wifey to clear her exams then see if she can mediate? But dun put her smack in between coz the feeling is not gd. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all

still HTB blogging. ;)

Today i got my quotation from contractor.

This is what he gave me

1) supply & overlay 2 toilets and kitchen wall tiles - $4600

2) kitchen floor tiles - $950

3) 2 toilet floor tiles - $1100

4) install 2 toilet bowls (no bowl inc) - $200

5) install 2 basins (no basins inc) - $80

6) 2 bifold door (PVC) - $520

7) polish marble - $850

8) polish parquet - $300

9) install copper pipe for 2 toilets - $380

10) electrical - $400 (oso unknown, typically how much for 4 2-way socket pts, 1 switch + 8 lights?)

11) hack off and remove (think inc my platform bed + floor, this part must make sure)- $1200

I asked liao he say tiles can select up to $2.80 psf ones, but think got to get him to put down more details. total should be at least 11k. Know the contractor through a friend.

Edited by enz

Hi

Its been a long time since i last updated, been rather busy trying to get quotations and patching wall.

We spent the last entire weekend trying to patch the ugly wall holes, juz look at how ugly these holes are. I really wonder how HDB build their flats last time. :jawdrop:

image048vk8.th.jpg

imagine every wall has at least 3 or 4 of this lines... :curse::curse::curse:

now after patching for 1st coat, looks much better.

image046jr4.th.jpg

need to put 2 more coats. so tiring..

anyway, this is the view from my living room and MBR.

image045sf9.th.jpg

and WTB's friend bought a present for us from JAPAN! just nice to put it at kitchen since we taking that kitchen door away.

image044ju0.th.jpg

thats all for now, trying to find a reliable and honest contractor. so far the quotations i get look so ambiguous, a lot of places for them to add hidden costs. dun dare to commit at all.

Hi

time to update blog again.

We went over to Ubi over the weekends to buy a bed frame. I'll update with pictures when i get from WTB hp.

Its a nice solid wood bedframe. Bought a teak laundry basket as well.

image091iu2.th.jpg

image092zm4.th.jpg

Next we went over to Ikea @ tampines. Wao its so huge there! wana find a stepped cabinet but still cant find one anywhere. Anybody have any idea where i can find one? want something 1.3m high and 1.7m length.

After that we rushed over to The Furniture Mall @ bugis. Apparantly not much sales there. :bangwall: Shld really go to Pan-I @ aljunied. Hope there would still be sales this weekend.

Still looking for a nice low coffee table and dining set.

We started painting the ceiling already. so much fun, but very tiring working against gravity. :(:(

image103bj0.th.jpg

image102kk1.th.jpg

Finally we going to settle for a contractor. Going to view tiles and finalise details with him over this coming weekend. Hope can get things to be done cheaper! :notti:

Edited by enz

Hello

Contractor-to-be brought us to tile warehouse today. So many different types of tiles there! was so greedy, see everything oso like, so got a lot of samples.. but the salesgirl put on a face like i interested/selected too many samples liao, doesnt look very happy..so heavy, carry until muscle cramp. :sport-smiley-003:

after reviewing the samples, realised that still got 1 we were interested in but she never give to me!! :curse::curse:

anyway here are the tiles..

my contractor told me, say lay wall tiles that is too big piece not nice, will have a curvy look. is that really correct? cos i dun really understand what his curvy look means.

Edited by enz

Finally, i have the time to upload the tiles pictures. Sorry the pictures are a bit blur.

This is the master bathroom floor tile

image109me2.th.jpg

The salesperson forgot to give us a sample for our master bathroom wall tile, so maybe post next time

This is our kitchen wall and floor tiles (Red and wall - wall, Grey with shiny stuff in it - floor)

image106wx6.th.jpg

Love the red :dancingqueen:

This is our common bathroom wall and floor tiles (White and Grey - wall, Grey rough surface - floor)

image104ec4.th.jpg

So looking forward to the renovation !!!

hi

HTB here.

Today is the first day of renovation.

big surprise the first thing into the MBR. the dirty platform is finally hacked off! but the floor underneath is juz concrete, not the parquet the previous owner said they've done (but they din guarantee coz they din supervise the work that time)!! :curse::curse:

haiz, another sum of money to do corrective work...see the big hole?

dsc00237pm9.th.jpg

well, no choice but to lay back parquet.

the kitchen and toilet floor tiles are also gonezzz!! yippie! :dancingqueen:

dsc00238db2.th.jpg

dsc00239xw2.th.jpg

our tiles are also here! but think our contractor made a mistake in the number of tiles needed, not enough...but tats his problem...haha

dsc00240lq9.th.jpg

thats all for today..workers are very fast in destroying...hacking only took 5 hrs!!

Edited by enz

hi

Was too busy to blog.

anyway to update Renovation Day 2

All the sand and concrete is up in the kitchen, like rubbish dump.

dsc00263rc1.th.jpg

All the tiles are nicely packed.

dsc00259ru9.th.jpgdsc00260av3.th.jpgdsc00262pj9.th.jpg

the most sianz part of the house

dsc00244hv3.th.jpg

Have a look at the actual tiles i've chosen for my kitchen/toilets, some of the tiles are stacked up liao so i cant take a picture of them.

my super big, super long, super red kitchen wall tiles

dsc00253hx5.th.jpg

my partly shiny, partly malted toilet floor tiles

dsc00264jq3.th.jpg

my kitchen floor

dsc00258au7.th.jpg

my toilet walls, a bit hard to see the groves on the grey tile, but its the same design as the white one.

dsc00257bl1.th.jpgdsc00256zz5.th.jpg

Today is day 3 of reno, my contractor has gone up to lay tiles liao...cant wait till knock off from work to see the progress!

Edited by enz

Hello all

We chose toilet stuffs already..

this is for the common toilet..quite cheap..

image114fe8.th.jpg

this is for the MBR toilet....so expensive...but we tot we should once in a while pamper ourselves a little..

image113nq4.th.jpg

haiz...in the end spent 1.5k on everything...wallet so painful!!

We went over to ikea after that and spent another $451 on side tables + some needed items..

now to update day 3 of renovation.

laying of wall tiles started...firstly they laid a layer of smelly greyish stuff on the wall..

image118eo8.th.jpg

image119cz2.th.jpg

image120zb3.th.jpg

den they start laying

image123ab9.th.jpg

image124lu2.th.jpg

end of the day, almost finished walls!! their legs hands so fast leh...

this is the toilet

image129uv8.th.jpg

this is the kitchen, the largest piece of wall.

image127we8.th.jpg

image128ee9.th.jpg

Yeah, i agree, we are quite surprised that the work was carried out so fast and efficient. Though there were some unhappiness about how the work was carried out (My HTB's father quarreled with worker, contractor had to change worker and now apparently still angry and the anger is now directed at the both of us. Haiz Sainz.) Anyway, work still goes on. These are latest pictures.

Our red tiles for the kitchen is up today. To me, there is really an explosion of colors grey, green, red and a bit of white ha. My HTB loves it.

image131ey2.th.jpg

Here is my beautiful white tiles almost all up. They need to replace some pieces which i think is poorly done, before i think it is completed.

image132wn5.th.jpg

This is the common toilet, today they start waterproofing and conceal piping for the washing machine water discharge outlet.

image135pm7.th.jpg

image136yv7.th.jpg

Work has also started in my MBR toilet.

image137bs5.th.jpg

Again white tile but this has matted surface with some design, my lousy hp cam is not really helping . so far this is the best shot.

image138qz5.th.jpg

I will bring my cam down this weekend to get some decent pics to share here. So stay tune.

I wonder is it weird to have a mix theme in the house. our living room and MBR will have an Asian/jap theme and our kitchen and toilets are really hmmmmmm hip and more modern ha. I really hope everything will go well and it will look like a home. :dunno:

Oh i went tangs and got these cushions we have been eyeing for a while. They are really comfortable , love them. :dancingqueen:

image142hk7.th.jpg

image141ap7.th.jpg

I wonder is it weird to have a mix theme in the house. our living room and MBR will have an Asian/jap theme and our kitchen and toilets are really hmmmmmm hip and more modern ha. I really hope everything will go well and it will look like a home. :dunno:

Oh i went tangs and got these cushions we have been eyeing for a while. They are really comfortable , love them. :dancingqueen:

Well, home is where the heart is & (I feel) how u like it. So I'm sure it'll turn out great! hehe..

Hey! I saw those cushions b4! They're realy comfy to lean against. Great purchase! :thumbs up:

Hello,

Its time for an update again. my reno is almost done already..contractor promised next week sure finish, but that also mean i got to write his cheque again. :( so stress keep spending $$..

our toilets are almost ready..toilet bowl + basins mounted

image001kp4.th.jpg

image002ty5.th.jpg

parquet oso done...finally filled that big ugly hole, and transferred that big hole into my pocket.. :P

img5265rt0.th.jpg

our lights were up also today, but not without accidents..

my wall light opp tv

image006ak1.th.jpg

a closer look

image005qk0.th.jpg

my wall light opp dining

image008on7.th.jpg

my living room light

image007xe3.th.jpg

passageway light near door, my mbr light is the same as this

image004fq2.th.jpg

my dining light

image003ia6.th.jpg

at this point, WTB called me, tell me one of the light covers in the toilet is MISSING. nobody saw it since reno day 1!! tiling uncle also tell us cover missing since day 1 he came.. :dunno: who stun.. 8|:curse::curse:

panic panic, asked WTB go try buy 1..den suddenly i think of goodz solution, why dun put one of the lights that is originally in the bedroom into the bathroom? fast fast called WTB, talk talk 1/2way her fone low batt and died..(haiz..always lidat one..dunno y)..so we changed toilet light to this

image000bo4.th.jpg

now contractor called me again..this time even worst...he say one of the new bedroom lights the cover pit jiak :bangwall: oh no..so i called light shop Tai Yong and spoke to the salesman who entertained me tat time. initially tell me i've checked already and accepted the goodz, but after much talking told me bring down the cover and see what he can do. haiz, WTB phone cannot get through now, so i got to call electrician's phone to get to my WTB...so paisei..anyway Tai Yong changed my cover for me, so now im a happy customer of that shop..

finally, problems getting lesser... :dancingqueen:

btw..to show gratitude to WTB for taking time off and running here and there for the house today..

THANK YOU! :P

Edited by enz