Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
asylum_ship

Which Washing Machine To Buy

Hello all

Was shopping for a washer and have come down to 2 front loader, but dun know which to buy.

Hope you all can help me, or anyone have any of these 2 models, can advise me on which is the better one.

Samsung WF-J1061 (7.5KG)

LG WD-14361TD (8KG) new model, the one which baby care.

Thank you so much in advance

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hello all

Was shopping for a washer and have come down to 2 front loader, but dun know which to buy.

Hope you all can help me, or anyone have any of these 2 models, can advise me on which is the better one.

Samsung WF-J1061 (7.5KG)

LG WD-14361TD (8KG) new model, the one which baby care.

Thank you so much in advance

How much are they? As it affects the decision process as well :P

Just some comments...avoid Korean brand if you can. They are affordable to buy but expensive to maintain. The Samsung washer at my mum's place breaks down a few time during warranty period and I did noticed an increased in my utility bill as well.

Really? Which model is that. Gain City salesman tells me LG (former GoldStar) use to produce for a whole host of other brands before coming out on their own.. that would mean they have lots of experience.

How much are they? As it affects the decision process as well :P

Just some comments...avoid Korean brand if you can. They are affordable to buy but expensive to maintain. The Samsung washer at my mum's place breaks down a few time during warranty period and I did noticed an increased in my utility bill as well.

Edited by Starscream

Really? Which model is that. Gain City salesman tells me LG (former GoldStar) use to produce for a whole host of other brands before coming out on their own.. that would mean they have lots of experience.

The Samsung washer is WA90K5S1. Should be old model by now liao...

Thanks and I'm about to buy the LG - WD-14331AD. Is that any good? :unsure:

eh...I wun know wor. But I am avoiding korean brands just to be on the safe side... :P

Hello all

Eventually bought a LG - WD-14331AD. 8KG washer and 4Kg dryer.

Priced at 929

Find the price reasonable. Got it from HV at funan. To my surprise, I can still slash prices at HV.

Anyone interested to buy from HV? I can recommend you the sales guy i liase with, very good and friendly.

Frankly,

I think korean brand are ok, moreover now even japanese, european, american products many of them are made in china, thailand.

So no different. I do have bias against product made in china, but not in thailand.

Due to my nature of work, i worked with ppl from china and thailand before for some times. The thais will be more careful with their work. and more serious also.

Chinese are prone to errors, some small errors just close one eye.

Therefore, i think it is ok to buy korean products, but dun buy product made in china.

Usually, they wun print out MADE IN XXX, but only put MADE BY LG, MADE BY SAMSUNG.

So it is impt to ask the sales guy or even call up the maufacturer (which i did) and ask for the correct information.

But frankly, sometimes buy electrical product is a "heng-sway" thing.

For example, I got myself a HTC touch for almost 1 yr liao, now still going strong and no problem at all. BUt my friend also got the same phone, went in to service center 2 times in the 1st yr liao. So is a matter of heng sway. To choose from country of manufacture is to reduce the "sway-ness" to the minimum.

Hello all

Eventually bought a LG - WD-14331AD. 8KG washer and 4Kg dryer.

Priced at 929

Find the price reasonable. Got it from HV at funan. To my surprise, I can still slash prices at HV.

Anyone interested to buy from HV? I can recommend you the sales guy i liase with, very good and friendly.

This was selling $899 at Jurong Point HN when I saw it over the weekend....

My brother-in-law bought a Electrolux washer & it broke down within warranty period. So he told me not to go for this brand.