Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hihihi

How Much Is A 90cm Tempered Glass Backing For Kitchen?

Hi all,

Need to find out a few things... abt tempered glass backing for kitchen.

1) What is the typical cost of a 90cm tempered glass backing? I choose 90cm is the length of a normal hood. As for the width, I'm not sure, should be the typical width between the lower and upper cabinet.

2) How do u identify a tempered glass panel? Does it has a "tempered glass" logo or some sort of marking? Otherwise contractor can cheat u into buying a normal sandblast glass?

3) Anyone has any contacts to supply and install? I'm looking for one currently.

TIA! :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
2) How do u identify a tempered glass panel? Does it has a "tempered glass" logo or some sort of marking? Otherwise contractor can cheat u into buying a normal sandblast glass?

yes the glass will be printed with words or logo to "prove" that it is tempered. I ever ask the glass maker not to print the words on my backing actually but they say NO. die die must print the words. my dining table, windows all printed with the words at a corner.

got a quote of $620 for 3770 by 700 size tempered glass backing...so urs should be quite affordable....maybe less than 200?

got a rough measurement from my existing cabinet.

Length=90cm (follow hood)

width=58cm (existing cabinet measurement)

Was quoted about $300 for this piece by contractor. Gonna find out more from supplier tomorrow. Thanks! :yamseng:

got a rough measurement from my existing cabinet.

Length=90cm (follow hood)

width=58cm (existing cabinet measurement)

Was quoted about $300 for this piece by contractor. Gonna find out more from supplier tomorrow. Thanks! :yamseng:

think $300 is quite ok - considering the fact that the contractor FIX it for you.

think $300 is quite ok - considering the fact that the contractor FIX it for you.

the problem with this contractor is that he's offering me this price with 5mm thickness tempered glass. But he gave all sorts of excuse abt glass cracking ah, no warrranty... blah this blah that, really kills my confidence in him. That makes me wonder if he's offering a lower standard product (is 5mm enough?) Meaning to say, he's offering $300, 5mm tempered glass. If it breaks, he don't wanna have any responsibility, that prompted me to go source for 2nd source.

Edited by hihihi

the problem with this contractor is that he's offering me this price with 5mm thickness tempered glass. But he gave all sorts of excuse abt glass cracking ah, no warrranty... blah this blah that, really kills my confidence in him. That makes me wonder if he's offering a lower standard product (is 5mm enough?) Meaning to say, he's offering $300, 5mm tempered glass. If it breaks, he don't wanna have any responsibility, that prompted me to go source for 2nd source.

think he got too many aunties/ah sohs customers - who boil soup for 10 hours. yes it will crack - including those nice nice glass hobs.

you can always look for another contractor who can just sell/fix the glass panel.

It depends on you. If the glass that you wanted is too thick, it will protrude out at the edges and may not look nice and natural. 5mm would be ok. If you dont mind thick glass and price tags, for safety reasons, get laminated glass. At least when the laminated glass breaks, it wont shatter everywhere in your kitchen and giving you a hard time cleaning and trying to make the kitchen safe to work in.