Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lxiul

Requesting Spare Tiles From Hdb

have u guys been able to get spare tiles from HDB office before? how many can u get and do they deliver it or we collect ourselve?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Do HDB really give homeowners spare tiles? Usually, we need to get it from their building materials' supplier, cos that is how we are getting ours. If you have new flat, can ask the Building Services Centre for the contact.

have u guys been able to get spare tiles from HDB office before? how many can u get and do they deliver it or we collect ourselve?

I got a few piece of wall tiles from Building Services Centre (BSC), self collect. They are actually selling them for high price, but I got a few pieces free.

I even saw Hp numbers in the lift that says selling HDB tiles, i called, they actually sell at the same expensive price as HDB, with an extra $15 delivery charge. Really chop u deep deep.

Of coz if the contractor spoiled anything, or needed HDB tiles, they had to buy themselves from BSC.

cuz i actually saw some defects on the floor tiles during reno which i had overlooked. so now thinkin of asking for spare tiles to get my contractor help me fix. or i can always can HDB back to fix.

u mean i must pay>? wow.. i always tot they can give me some spare tiles. hee..

which leads me to another question. i just removed the plastic hooks that connect pvc pipings in toilets. i'm going to replace my pipings to stainless steel. not replacing any toilet tiles.

So now i see many ugly holes in the toilet wall tiles. normally wat would it done to it?

So should my contractor be take up the fixing/beautifing and costs? or should i get free tiles? duno if my contractor still able to buy the tiles. the tiles pattern is 6yr old liao.

holesintilesuc0.th.jpg

Edited by lxiul

For old tiles, then I think must search around a bit. It pretty much depends on your contractor if they want to foot the bill or replace the tiles for you. Otherwise, need to find somebody else to do it for you.

For our kitchen wall tiles, it cost $1 per piece directly from the supplier. We removed the HDB clothes hanger and had a couple of damaged tiles, so total 7 pieces needed.

Tiles are not given FOC by BSC, they will refer you to their contractors. And they will bring the toilet/kitchen tiles to your doorstep and you pAy for it. Usually it is about $1-2 per piece.

For damages before reno, BSC will do it FOC.

But after reno, it depends lor..But can try reporting it.

If the holes are created after something is removed, usually you can get your ID and he will get his tiler to replace. Labour and parts charges depends on your ID whether he absorb.

i manage to get some free tiles from my technical officer. he's a nice person.

but contractor never give me what I asked. oni some..told me will give but in the end only afew.hee but its good! better than none :)

i manage to get some free tiles from my technical officer. he's a nice person.

but contractor never give me what I asked. oni some..told me will give but in the end only afew.hee but its good! better than none :)

no free tiles for me too, gotta buy and self-collect from supplier.

Is $1.40/pc and $3/pc respectively for ceramic wall/floor tiles expensive?? :bangwall:

no free tiles for me too, gotta buy and self-collect from supplier.

Is $1.40/pc and $3/pc respectively for ceramic wall/floor tiles expensive?? :bangwall:

mb my tiles are old design thats why they gave me. outside cannot find liao.

how i wish i can get more though.

i think the price for tiles is ard there.. but i tot normally ceramic tiles ard $2.80 or $2.50....

u bought many pcs?

I think HDB should give us some spare tiles FOC de hor. I looked at my layout plan measurement, every rooms is smaller than what was given by 10mm.

Every room confirm makan us a bit of surface area de. I dun mind being makan or whatsoever, be it luck or expansion / contraction due to weather, but i feel that they should give us some spare tiles afterall.

I would appreciate even if the small tiles are wrapped up and present to me as housewarming gift. At least i will set my mind at ease for the next 5 years. :sport-smiley-003: