Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Maid

Bamboo Flooring

Anyone use bamboo flooring? Any comment?

To be said its is a rot-durable flooring that is warm in winter and cool in summer...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i din use, but have been quoted for it..its more expensive than what my ID quoted for parquet..so gave up due to budget constraints...

i din use, but have been quoted for it..its more expensive than what my ID quoted for parquet..so gave up due to budget constraints...

Wow.... So its more expensive???

Got this leaflet quoted :

3rm flat : on 2 bedrm $2,800

4rm flat : on 3 bedrm $3,800

5rm flat : on 3 bedrm $3,900

Exe.flat : on 3 bedrm $4,000

Not sure izit more expensive. Wonder wat is the quality.

Wow.... So its more expensive???

Got this leaflet quoted :

3rm flat : on 2 bedrm $2,800

4rm flat : on 3 bedrm $3,800

5rm flat : on 3 bedrm $3,900

Exe.flat : on 3 bedrm $4,000

Not sure izit more expensive. Wonder wat is the quality.

hmmm..i was quoted 5k plus for 3 bedrooms for 5 room flat...my parquet cost only 2k plus...so gave up....next time i will go for laminates....

Yes, we decided to go with bamboo flooring primarily because it's good for the environment in addition to being beautiful and durable.

Because of the humidity in Spore, it's very important that you go with a reputable dealer who knows how to install bamboo. In short, he needs to aware of acclimation, moisture control and proper floor preparation in your home to prevent warping. And yes, it's going to be more expensive than parquet flooring; but if you want a green alternative, you're investing in the future of our planet!

so how did the flooring go? is it done already? we are consdiering bamboo for our hse too. It is like laminate flooring where you can install it over existing ceramic floor? also pics to share? thanks

Yes, we decided to go with bamboo flooring primarily because it's good for the environment in addition to being beautiful and durable.

Because of the humidity in Spore, it's very important that you go with a reputable dealer who knows how to install bamboo. In short, he needs to aware of acclimation, moisture control and proper floor preparation in your home to prevent warping. And yes, it's going to be more expensive than parquet flooring; but if you want a green alternative, you're investing in the future of our planet!

hi Itom

Am thinking of bamboo as well - who did you get it from?

Hello all...Sorry for late reply.

We went to Star Bamboo. Overall, we are very pleased with the service and results!

The planks were installed over the existing ceramic tiles.

what does bamboo flooring look like? anyone has a picture to show?

Star Bamboo's website has tons of helpful info and pictures of various projects.

Hi all,

is star bamboo the only supplier for bamboo flooring in Singapore?

I read about bamboo flooring and stumbled upon them. Although the thought of going "green" is good but I do not understand how this could make something that is somewhat more renewable than timber to cost more as it does not make any economical sense.

I might just end up going for normal parquet flooring instead since going "green" cost more.

Hi all,

is star bamboo the only supplier for bamboo flooring in Singapore?

I read about bamboo flooring and stumbled upon them. Although the thought of going "green" is good but I do not understand how this could make something that is somewhat more renewable than timber to cost more as it does not make any economical sense.

I might just end up going for normal parquet flooring instead since going "green" cost more.

Anyone else has bamboo flooring, how is it? I was quoted $4900 (incl GST) for 301 sqf (3 rooms).

Hi

I did bamboo flooring for my balcony instead of the usual platform style. The outcome is nice and comfortable under your feet. Its also easy to maintain. Just mop with clear water. I paid $900+ for it.

Hi

I did bamboo flooring for my balcony instead of the usual platform style. The outcome is nice and comfortable under your feet. Its also easy to maintain. Just mop with clear water. I paid $900+ for it.

sounds nice. Got a pic to share?

Hi

Hi googocat, how big is your balcony? Did you get the starbamboo to do it? And can share some picture?