Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
veron_32

Furniture Club @ Furniture Mall

Well, seems like a few people has the same problem with FC leather sofa flaking after a few years. FC_Homes seems to have disappeared from this forum.

I think better write directly to KG HK head office on the problem.

I understand all KG sofa have international warranty.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

was thinking to get a sofa from them this sunday, heng chance upon this thread.

no other good comments at all ah? wah like that i have to restart my sofa searching again....

was thinking to get a sofa from them this sunday, heng chance upon this thread.

no other good comments at all ah? wah like that i have to restart my sofa searching again....

ANyone want to buy from FURNITURE CLUB...pls read the other posting...

I brough a high end leather sofa iwth promisese that it is thick leather and good quality. I paid $3.5k for it and within 1 year it start to peel.

When called them no one want to entertain and pushing around...

It seem my painful experiences are not alone....beware

Gosh...that is really bad. My Ikea fabric sofa lasted me 10 years...time for a change but looks like not at FC.

Hi flyerfong ,

I had encountered the same problem as you . MY so called leather sofa started to peel after 13 months .

I have yet to contact them as i'm trying to locate my invoice/receipt . But after reading yr posting ,i think they wont entertain me too.

I'm super pissed off by the quality . I tot leather wont peel !

My intention is to pay more for a better quality sofa but ended up getting a lousy one .

my previous fabric sofa lasted me for 5 year and only cost 1k++

Feel like lodging a complaint to CASE but wonder if they will accept if i cant find my receipt .

Hi..

I have talked to case and Small claim tribunal...I have to get a 3rd party certification on the quality of the leather vs what is written on receipt...

I think there are also in parallel a few other people having same problem with FC now...

I have a fabric sofa that lasted me 5~10 years too and though of a good quality leather to last longer..well I am wrong...

now I just want to fix this at the lowest possible price and shortest time and move on...but people must know what happened...

Hi..

I have talked to case and Small claim tribunal...I have to get a 3rd party certification on the quality of the leather vs what is written on receipt...

I think there are also in parallel a few other people having same problem with FC now...

I have a fabric sofa that lasted me 5~10 years too and though of a good quality leather to last longer..well I am wrong...

now I just want to fix this at the lowest possible price and shortest time and move on...but people must know what happened...

Hi flyerfrog,

IF i'm not wrong they did not write in real details about the quality of their leather . I remember everything is verbal ...

so i guess its quite tough to certify rite .

pls let us know once u manage to resolve the prob

Hi flyerfrong ,

I'm oso wndering if our so call leather sofa are really LEATHER !!!alot of ppl have bee ntelling me leather wont peel.

could it be some PVC ??

I have finally concluded my entanglement with FC. After failing to replace an item after 6 months with an acceptable replacement, I finally got a letter of demand threathening legal action. I would like to comment that for the amount outstanding it will NEVER go to court. So don't try and play games with me, I do this for a living!

But since FC decided to finally play ball. On a reasonable basis, I accepted the replacement since I could not detect any flaws. There was no apologies given by the company though one feel one should be forthcoming. So to Mr Jerry Tan....I think your company CMI big time. DO NOT expect me to give you a call. It is not my business to make your job any easier.

I am hearthened to see that the feedback has filtered down to some fellow forumers. I will offer very candid opinions to people I know abt FC. I hope they in turn will tell others. IMO, there are a lot of better places to spend your $$. This FC is just not one of them.

To fellow forumers who PM me asking for price comparison....sorry I wont bother to reply. whatever u paid..I firmly believe it is just too much :P

I have finally concluded my entanglement with FC. After failing to replace an item after 6 months with an acceptable replacement, I finally got a letter of demand threathening legal action. I would like to comment that for the amount outstanding it will NEVER go to court. So don't try and play games with me, I do this for a living!

But since FC decided to finally play ball. On a reasonable basis, I accepted the replacement since I could not detect any flaws. There was no apologies given by the company though one feel one should be forthcoming. So to Mr Jerry Tan....I think your company CMI big time. DO NOT expect me to give you a call. It is not my business to make your job any easier.

I am hearthened to see that the feedback has filtered down to some fellow forumers. I will offer very candid opinions to people I know abt FC. I hope they in turn will tell others. IMO, there are a lot of better places to spend your $$. This FC is just not one of them.

To fellow forumers who PM me asking for price comparison....sorry I wont bother to reply. whatever u paid..I firmly believe it is just too much :P

if u wanna buy sofa, I only look for HTL international or domicil. I hate furniture mall because they look down on ppl. What the heck, ppl can easily take out $3k for a sofa but in reality, the shops at furniture mall sucks!

If u want really solid quality, look at domicil sofa. German design and it looks **** solid!

Hi flyerfrong ,

I'm oso wndering if our so call leather sofa are really LEATHER !!!alot of ppl have bee ntelling me leather wont peel.

could it be some PVC ??

I know of companies who use Split leather and claim it as Full Italian Cowhide Leather..

For those who brought Kelvin G Sofa from Furniture Mall and got problem

can feedback direct to Kelvin G manufacture in HK.

Unless your home sofa is in direct sunlight, any mid grade leather of any kind

should not to peel after 2 years ....

How long do you actually sit on the sofa per day after work ?

http://www.kelvingiormani.com/main.php?p=products&c=sofa

Below link are more info on KG

http://www.superbrands.com/hk/latestpdfs/S...FA_GIORMANI.pdf

Hope above helps

For those who brought Kelvin G Sofa from Furniture Mall and got problem

can feedback direct to Kelvin G manufacture in HK.

Unless your home sofa is in direct sunlight, any mid grade leather of any kind

should not to peel after 2 years ....

How long do you actually sit on the sofa per day after work ?

http://www.kelvingiormani.com/main.php?p=products&c=sofa

Below link are more info on KG

http://www.superbrands.com/hk/latestpdfs/S...FA_GIORMANI.pdf

Hope above helps