Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
veron_32

Furniture Club @ Furniture Mall

I visited the Keppel outlet and IMM outlet over the weekend. I must say that the sales person that attended to me at both outlets were ok. But the person at Keppel was quite pushy and use the typical approach of "my first sale of the day, gives more discount", "pay a deposit now and chose later" to try to close a sale which I refuse to, And I could see a slight disdain when I insist I will order when I had finished my round of viewing....

The person at IMM was cool when I did similar thing.

A pity though cause I like the sofa set a lot especially on the mechanism which I do not find it, so far, in other shops. And yes I am also concern about their after-sales "support" in the other thread...:)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Mr Jerry Lee, any response with regards to FC's sofa quality and Lorenzo?

Besides quality, I believe Lorenzo are more customer centric. I has expereience with both company. FC for Sofa and Lorenzo for Dinning table.

There was an issue with the table warping (sinking in the middle) early this year. This table was bought more than a year ago and warranty had expired. We called them up and they sent a guy to my plc and took some photos. After that, they offer to replace the table although warranty expired. We went down to the showroom to choose and although the current models do not come with glass top and we are supposed to pay additional for the top, they gave it to us for free...so it is a one-to-one swop...

Now for FC - Paid 3k+ for a supposing high grade leather ( I believe it is 2nd to the top grade), peel and flak after 2yrs. In summary, after much haggling, agrument session with their CS (got scolded too) I folked out another 1K+ for another replacement. Fingers crossed that this 1K not wasted.

See the diff in CS?

Dear all

I would like to thank you all for posting your comments here. As i had said before, this is one of the ways that we can improve our Customer Service. I have put forth to all forumers to either call my office or email me so that i can help them in addressing the issues that they have. Till date i have only received only 2 calls with regards to their delivery.

Let me sort out the postings here since forumers who post here have not contacted me.

To put the record straight, SPECIES is not related to us in any ways. Some might see our ex-staffs there, as the director of the company used to work with us, so those who left our company, joined his company. That might be why sometimes consumers assumed that we are related. This answered to some of the forumers concern here.

Jamora mentioned "Marcus" can give good prices, that is why Marcus has left the company. Service wise, we apologise if we are not to your mark. We will try to improve on all areas to meet each individual benchmark. Again, please email to me so that i can look into the matter.

To Jen, please email me or call me, cause i want to know which of our sales staff made those comments about Lorenzo.

To address the leather used for sofas, all i can say is 'buyer beware' , i see a lot of "Bonded Leather" and leather split used in the market. Dosen't really matter where the sofa is made, it is more on where and what leather is used. Do your homework on leather before you make your purchase.

Over the years in these biz, our sales have increased tremendously and therefore we have actually received more complaints on the service and quality. We are addressing this area here diligently and i hope to see more compliments than complaints in the near future. At the meantime, do email or call me if you have certain issues that may need clarification.

Thank you all again for your postings here as it really benefit us and we really appreciate you all taking time to post here.

Do remember to drop me a mail or call me since i don't log in here very often.

Cheers everybody.

Jerry Lee

lol...I post another because I received a nice little sms from the sales person in IMM outlet asking whether I am still interested in their sofa. In reality, I am as I like the mechanism and I cannot find similar one elsewhere, but I am really concern about what kind of goods I am going to received and the support after that...........:)

So I guess, the "take less risk" part of me say be very careful............lol......

Edited by wcseow

Now for FC - Paid 3k+ for a supposing high grade leather ( I believe it is 2nd to the top grade), peel and flak after 2yrs. In summary, after much haggling, agrument session with their CS (got scolded too) I folked out another 1K+ for another replacement. Fingers crossed that this 1K not wasted.

Hi May I know which brand of the sofa in FC did you buy ?

Is it Kelvin G , Calia Italia or their in-hse brand Moods ?

I was told that their leather sofa have 5 yrs warranty on leather ?

Why do you need to pay 1K for replacement after 2 yrs ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by new_home_maker

hi all

not meant to side, but just provide my experience to help others when dealing / buying fr FC

i have bought items as follow, and due to be deliverd

mid May (approx 17th) - bedframe + Morfeus (King Size)

June (TBA) - Calia Italia sofa

til date, all sales / correspondences has been smooth, with minor issue, being my initial PM has left. nevertheless. the replacement (lady) has een great and helpful

wil update you guys once again, on the delivery + installation experience, by end of month

Terence

Just to share my experience. I bought a leather sofa from FC 2 years ago. The leather on the whole sofa started to peel very badly after 1.5yrs later. When i called them up for repair/replacement because they gave me a 10 yr warranty then, i was told that the warranty was only on the structure of the sofa and not the leather.

After some arguing, they offered to replace the leather but i had to pay 1k+ . I thought abt it and decided to get a new sofa because i decided not to take the risk of using their products again. I rejected and have thrown away the sofa and sworn nvr to buy FC products again.

Hi May I know which brand of the sofa in FC did you buy ?

Is it Kelvin G , Calia Italia or their in-hse brand Moods ?

I was told that their leather sofa have 5 yrs warranty on leather ?

Why do you need to pay 1K for replacement after 2 yrs ?

Thanks in advance.

The warranty should be on structure and not leather...Mine warranty 10yrs on structure (which seldom breakdown) and 1 yr on leather...I cant remember the brand...it was called Nicky. I am still waiting for my warranty card since the delivery 3 weeks ago....

Just to share my experience. I bought a leather sofa from FC 2 years ago. The leather on the whole sofa started to peel very badly after 1.5yrs later. When i called them up for repair/replacement because they gave me a 10 yr warranty then, i was told that the warranty was only on the structure of the sofa and not the leather.

After some arguing, they offered to replace the leather but i had to pay 1k+ . I thought abt it and decided to get a new sofa because i decided not to take the risk of using their products again. I rejected and have thrown away the sofa and sworn nvr to buy FC products again.

Your experience same as mine...which model? Nicky also?

Today I went to FC the third time had a really bad experience.

My last two visits, one to the furniture mall outlet and the 2nd to their Keppel outlet, were not too bad. Today I went to the Keppel outlet again, and was attended by a guy named Denny. At the beginning he was nice, but after showing me a few sets of soft, he started to quote me some crazy prices for their KG range, something like 13K for a 2+3 set while the previous two time the prices I got were around 7k. It can't becasue the price he quoted me was before discount, as the listed price shall be about 10K.

Not sure if he is just plain not familiar with their merchandise, or playing some tricks with me.

Anyway, would rather spend a bit more for some branded soft and take risk with this shop

My last two visits, one to the furniture mall outlet and the 2nd to their Keppel outlet, were not too bad. Today I went to the Keppel outlet again, and was attended by a guy named Denny. At the beginning he was nice, but after showing me a few sets of soft, he started to quote me some crazy prices for their KG range, something like 13K for a 2+3 set while the previous two time the prices I got were around 7k. It can't becasue the price he quoted me was before discount, as the listed price shall be about 10K.

Not sure if he is just plain not familiar with their merchandise, or playing some tricks with me.

Anyway, would rather spend a bit more for some branded soft and take risk with this shop

u went to them so many times, did you manage to get ur stuff in the end?

If U compare KG leather and the feel to their other brand that FC is carrying e.g. CI and Moods - KG is way much better.

Not sure what model u are looking at, but if you go for the older model a 3.1m (approx) KG sofa can goes to $4500

(nego) at IMM - maybe my taste outdated and FC clearing very old stock.