Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
veron_32

Furniture Club @ Furniture Mall

Recently, we made a purchase on a study table which costs me around $1000 at Furniture Club in Park Mall. We also made a tentative order for a bookcase with this shop. As we were uncertain if these two items fit comfortably into our study room, we were hesitant to purchase immediately.

However, the sales person assured us that the order can be cancelled if our room is unable to accomodate the bookcase. Hence, we paid a deposit with the shop.

We called the shop on the same night we made this purchase and was told that the salesperson left as they were closed for the day. We waited patiently for the sales person to return our call and was upset that we were not allowed to cancel this order. The sales person was persistent in persuading us to retain our order on the bookcase by offering to customise according to our measurement.

However, we did not take up this offer as the offered price was not ideal. As we insisted on this cancellation, we were told off by the sales person that they will not be able to proceed despite bringing it to CASE. She also highlighted the non refundable condition stated in the invoice. We feel that this is an unfair trading and would like to know what protects consumers against purchases made under pushy sales tactic.

A highlight to all forum readers, please be careful if you happened to visit this shop!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Despite all the bad reviews on renotalk, I decided to purchase a sofa from FC because the saleslady promised top quality work. I even gave a good review here..

Delivery was due on 16th November and I called service hotline on 4th to reschedule to 30th November. Someone called us later to inform us the colour of the sofa is out of stock. I understand it takes at least a month to customise the sofa. Am surprised it was inform so late which I believe they totally forgot about our order.

This is totally unacceptable considering we paid our deposit on 30th June, a good 5 months earlier and paid the remaining amount on 15th October.

We choose the sofa because we were attracted to the unique colour and to be informed so last minute the colour is no longer in production is outright ridiculous.

We went down on Friday and could not fancy any other colours. The store manager promised us FULL refund. The main office called us today and told us they will refund us full refund. (DUH!)

It is very distressing having to find another sofa so last minute. Boo

A little info to share. So, went to FC home again. After reading that different locations may have different prices, so 2nd time, went to the one at IMM (1st time was Park Mall).

To confirm, indeed, exact same item, but different price.Was looking at a Camerich fabric sofa and price was $4600 at Park Mall & $3990 at IMM!!!

To comment, the sales person at Park Mall was more professional (compared to the one at IMM), he could explain more about his product, gave us time to look around, not at our back all the time. Although I didn't like when he made a comment like; "oh you know, this is not something that you put in HDB home". I was like *eyes roll*.

The sales person at IMM, hopeless. Asked several questions relating to the make of the frame, the fabric type/treatment, maintenance, available sizes. Could hardly even answer and could only say the generic, "...blah blah, Camerich is a good brand, don't worry, the fabric of course is of higher end, not those cheap ones..blah...the frame of course reliable, AGAIN, Camerich is a good brand, in the market for very long, if frame not good, then won't have been for so long blah blah". Annoyed, I just tried to get answers to 2 questions, if this size, how much and if that size how much? FINISH. When I said I want to look around some more, the sales person gave me a "what the heck" look.

Thanks to the internet and thanks to Camerich being a firm that puts up information online, I managed to find the specifications by myself. Having found that information, I realised, the specs that the sales person at IMM gave me, wasn't even right!

Pre-sales service at IMM, H-O-R-R-E-N-D-O-U-S.

I do still like the sofa and think it is nice, but the service is so poor + all the bad feedback read so far, I'm concern for post-sales service follow-up, post-sales is important.

In addition, I don't think the sales person warrant any right to earn any commission, from the blatant over-charge and the non-existence product knowledge.