Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
veron_32

Furniture Club @ Furniture Mall

We have the same problem, I have called SFA and asked their help.

Hi Jerry,

I have the same problem with your leather, peeling and cracking after 2 years of use. Had written to your customer service with photos. Your CS simply pushed the matter aside and claim that it is due to wear and tear or use of alkali cleaner. This is higher unlikely especially after 2 years of use. In fact, the first crack occurs after about 6 months of use and I suspect because my kids may have scratch it. But now, I believe it is simply due to the poor quality of the leather use. Would simply have to look for a replacement and definitely not from FC anymore.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Singapore Furniture Association

OIC, but seriously does the association really take action about such cases? I think even CASE cannot really take action except note it down. But I heard Singapore is coming up with something called the 'lemon' law. Not sure if we can use that for previous purchases though.

hlkhl

i have the same problem and they have offered me 2 other models at discounted rate. Mine was also bought around the same time as you, maybe 2 months earlier in 2008. almost same design with adjustable headrest, black, 3m long.

Anyway I have just disposed of this sofa yesterday (mine cost 3.5k, full thick leather) and is awaiting my new casa italy sofa today.

hi jeddie, is your sofa from the kelvin giormani range?

am interested to buy a sofa from this range - but am horrified by the pictures that hlkhl has posted ...

puts me completely off buying a leather sofa!

hlkhl

i have the same problem and they have offered me 2 other models at discounted rate. Mine was also bought around the same time as you, maybe 2 months earlier in 2008. almost same design with adjustable headrest, black, 3m long.

Anyway I have just disposed of this sofa yesterday (mine cost 3.5k, full thick leather) and is awaiting my new casa italy sofa today.

Hey Jeddie, I think you should call the management and threaten them with CASE or STOMP... hlkhl managed to get something from them... I think if Furniture Club continue to operate like this, their reputation will be seriously affected..

Hey jeddie,i think you shouldn't listen to ZondaR as what he suggest u to call the managment and threaten them with case , why we want to "threaten" people !!!???????because my sofa aslo peeling off even more serious than yours.........my sofa is from casa italy.....i have went to case before but they told me unless we have evidence which can proof that the chances of wining will be higher if not will be a waste of our time .....they suggest us to go for a leather lab test may be it can help...but do u want to waste the money just to test the leather is real or not ,it will cost u a bomb that's why i rather choose to give up ,the most we don't buy furniture from them in future loh !!!!!!............angry........

They replied me, see attachment below.

But no one contact me. forget about this company, don't buy their terrible product is the best answer to them. maybe we should share our photo on Facebook, let all our friends know what happened

My MP Will be our PM soon. I will show him later, at least let him know how good our Singapore furniture company is.

Dear ****,

We do sincerely regret that the sofa that you purchased from us back in Sept 2008 had started to peel and crack.

Full leather sofa does not peel or crack over time but what can happen is the color finish that has been applied may crack and peel. This can usually be repaired, think of it like paint on a wall. Bear in mind that the finish can not be easily repaired in all cases, and that the finishing process may leave scars.

Our warranty does not extend to parts or materials other than the structure and we shall not be responsible for any defects arising from fair wear and tear, negligence.

Looking at the photo you sent us, repairing the color finish will be too costly.

Our Sales Manager will be in touch with you shortly to offer you assistance.

We also want to use this opportunity to thank you for your patronage and support.

Warmest regards,

Jerry Lee

Edited by hlkhl

Hey jeddie,i think you shouldn't listen to ZondaR as what he suggest u to call the managment and threaten them with case , why we want to "threaten" people !!!???????because my sofa aslo peeling off even more serious than yours.........my sofa is from casa italy.....i have went to case before but they told me unless we have evidence which can proof that the chances of wining will be higher if not will be a waste of our time .....they suggest us to go for a leather lab test may be it can help...but do u want to waste the money just to test the leather is real or not ,it will cost u a bomb that's why i rather choose to give up ,the most we don't buy furniture from them in future loh !!!!!!............angry........

Honestly, if your sofa was purchased from CASA ITALY, you should try approaching Small claims Tribunal... if you paid good money for it, I'm sure there's no reason the leather should peel.. I think consumers deserve to get what they paid for.

I understand that alot of furniture companies use split leather which is susceptible to peeling. Technically, it is still leather, but the price is much cheaper. If you have read this forum, you would have seen many of such dishonest cases. I hope that Straits Times can help to expose such culprits by naming them.. This will prevent people's hard earned money from going down the drain.

I wouldn't want to buy a 2.0 litre car and realise they put a 1.6 litre engine inside. It would be a scam if this was the case, and I would not let it go.

Actually i like kelvin giormani leather sofa,price is still ok about $6k,but after seeing the peeling leather in the above picture i have change my mind ???????!!!!!!!and that is not the only reasons i dont want to buy from them,one more reason is that one of the "old sale girl" told me that the sofa is from italy ??????? before i went to f.c at this furniture mall i have alreally know that k.giormani is from china?????? i am so angry that why they dont tell me the truth if not i confirm buy from them..........angry ....... treat people like fool.....in future i hoped all those "old sale people" dont tell lie to customers ......if not yours people will be in trouble............................................angry customer............

oh i didnt know kelvin giormani is from China ?

Not sure where they actually manufacture it but i think they say that their grade 1 leather is from europe, grade 2 and 3 from south america..

BTW, hlkhl and jeddie - can i ask if your sofa is from the kelvin giormani range or their inhouse brand?

Thanks in advance!