Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
deon629

Is It Necessary To Have A Fridge Base?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

mainly makes washing of the kitchen floor easier..but it does restrict you from changing the placement of your fridge as well as getting a bigger fridge in the future.

the little plastic 'brick' legs work great too, imo.

fridge bottom, being made of metal is sensitive to water.. that's why the base. But most if not all fridge have legs.

Another thought is that making a fridge base will make the whole look more continuous.. as in your bottom cabinet starts at the same height as the fridge. Otherwise your fridge will look "lower" than your cabinet.

Base for fridge r for olden days, cos last time usually our parents the waythey wash or mop the floor uses lots of water. Lots of water will cos the fridge base which is make of metal materials to get rusty fast, thus they build a base for it.

But now, we only mop with damp mop so it will not harm ur fridge at all. And new fridge has plastic n better metal finishes to protect it. Changing of new fridge must matchback the same size of the base is also troublsome at times as u might wanna get a bigger fridge next time or a smaller one too.

Just like last time, kitchen wall r done all the way with tiles if u can remember, but now no one will do full tiling for kitchen. nowadays people just do tile between their kitchen cabinets or can use stainless steel or tempered glass.

I didn't go for a fridge base & washing machine base in my new house. My fridge just stands on the floor while my w/m has those plastic brick legs.

The reason I bought those brick legs was from a suggestion by my cabinet carpenter, he said just in case my w/m leaks, water will not damage my w/m base.

My new fridge came in today and I told the delivery people to put it on the brick legs and they replied that in the old days people were scared of floods or leakages. Also if I don't use brick legs it's easier to wash under the fridge, because it can just be pushed forward and I alone have the strength to do it. Not so if it's put on brick legs.

Then maybe the delivery guy was too lazy to put 8|

Think if i go to a 20- 40 plus hse if their fridge put those bricks or plastic base in a HDB. condo n landed, i will laughin my heart.

Ya maybe for those live in old shop hse where there r flood cases u will need one. Last time when im young, stay in shop hse, my mum also have bricks. maybe for flood or wash floorplus have rats hide under it cannot see..........

lol

My new fridge came in today and I told the delivery people to put it on the brick legs and they replied that in the old days people were scared of floods or leakages. Also if I don't use brick legs it's easier to wash under the fridge, because it can just be pushed forward and I alone have the strength to do it. Not so if it's put on brick legs.

I just checked my fridge, indeed there's the usual legs + wheels. If I don't recall wrongly, when my fridge first came, they roll it in first, then screw the legs to jack up the whole fridge. So that eventually the fridge rest on the legs, the wheels are abit suspended.