Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koopus

Amk Resale Advise Needed

I jz saw a 7yrs old 5rm flat at Blk350 mid flr value at $530k asking for $25k cash, minimally furnished w/o aircon. is it worth going for it?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I jz saw a 7yrs old 5rm flat at Blk350 mid flr value at $530k asking for $25k cash, minimally furnished w/o aircon. is it worth going for it?

Hi

25K cash is about 5% of valuation. Its a good buy. Blk350 is near swimming pool. One of the most sough-after areas in AMK.

Cheers

Vince

If you plan to pay that kind of money, why not try for the new DBSS in AMK?

Hi koopus,

I stay almost my whole childhood in amk and I am familiar with the town.....

Frankly, (my opinion)... those blks around 350 area are not worth paying that kind of money.

reason1 :- Those are new type of flat, meaning pre-fa type, like le-go blocks. also they are very near each other, cos can see the living room of opp blk. (I have fren staying in those blks)

reason2 :- sq-area, they are not like the old 5rm(130+sq-metres).... I believe it is only 110+sq-metre

reason3 :- though near market and swimming pool... itis still a distance away from MRT and main road (when I refer to main road, it should have direct buses to town).. the nearest road at blk 350 is ave 8, and only buses is 24, 22, 25, 159, 853... 262)... end up... you still need to tranfer to get to mrt.

reason4 :- There are upgraded HDB flats, old 4rm type, with upgraded piping, toilets, lifts, additional utility room (3bedroom + 1), corner house, just opp blk 350... and it sq-area will be almost around the same as your 110 sq-metre, jus a few sq metre smaller. Have you seen those??? I believe the vaulation for those unit are around 300k - 390k... hey.... at least 200k cheaper you know!!

reason5 :- For a vaulation price of 380k - 450k... you can get 4rm upgraded (3+1) nearby amk central or even 5rm old type with bigger sq-area nearer to mrt.

Why I'm pretty sure abt the $$... cos I just bought one 4rm upgraded with balcony (blk 302)... at $390k vaulation... though on the high side for a 30-years old flat... its toilet, piping was changed 8-10 years ago... and it is nearer to mrt.

The finally decision is yours. Think carefully.

A flat is worth what a buyer is willing to pay. There are only 4 blocks in that development, so in a sense it's pretty private. 3 lifts servicing each level. Outdoor rubbish chute. If you buy a 5 room (only 2 units on each level and from level 7 upwards), you would have a huge landing area outside your flat.

I am looking out of my window now, can't see anyone's living room.

All or most of the new 5room flats are now 110sqm. It's small but the layout is fantastic. Size of master bedroom cannot be beat.

My goodness, far from the MRT and need a feeder bus and transfer as well???? Wow, last I checked it was abt 700 meters and a 5 minute walk.

The upgraded 4rm HDB flats are about 20 - 30+ yrs old, go for it if you want something with 60+ yrs of lease remaining. But hey, its cheaper.

sorry i didn't got time to reply any of your messages, thks for your advises. have been busy with my flat transactions and sourcing IDs. juz a bit of updating, i have bought that flat, yup, coz i luv the view it's facing the swimming pool and bishan park. paid $15k above COV though it's on the high side but feel that the location is difficult to find elsewhere and it's so convenient with all the shops jz across the road. well, to me walking to amk hub not very far lah. i can walk to junction 8 also. haha..

Edited by koopus

sorry i didn't got time to reply any of your messages, thks for your advises. have been busy with my flat transactions and sourcing IDs. juz a bit of updating, i have bought that flat, yup, coz i luv the view it's facing the swimming pool and bishan park. paid $15k above COV though it's on the high side but feel that the location is difficult to find elsewhere and it's so convenient with all the shops jz across the road. well, to me walking to amk hub not very far lah. i can walk to junction 8 also. haha..

All right man, we neighbours, well sort off. Am at 352. You golf :notti: