Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dometour

Toilet Frameless Tempered Glass Swing Door Shattered

hi all, i have this frameless tempered glass swing door installed barely a yr old and it shattered for no reason during the day when there is no people at home. I found out when i reached home later. What could be the reason? I'm very sure nothing dropped or bang onto it. And of course my contractor dont believe me and insist that i broke it, really nothing i can do? Pls advise & tks in advance :(:(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oh dear, i just installed a frameless glass door in my toilet too...

can u PM me the company who is in charge of ur glass door?

did ur ID gave u warrenty for the reno? i think i better ask my ID to state the warrenty of his workmanship on my quotation...

Hi. Oh dear, am a bit concerned when I read about your tempered door coz I'm thinking of doing one when I reno my new place too. Have met a few IDs...some advise not to do it coz say not safe, but some say can be done. I dunno who is more reliable now after reading your story. Btw, who's the ID who did your reno, may I know?

oh dear, sorry to hear that your glass swing door was shattered.

i'm just as worried when i read about your incident. we will be having 2 sets of glass doors installed in the kitchen entrance and the MBR bathroom entrance.

our first thought was that the hinges for the door might have come loose, thus the glass door fell to the ground and shattered.

did you find the whole glass door on the floor in pieces? were the clamps on the floor or still attached to the frame? btw, what is the thickness of the glass?

hi all, i have this frameless tempered glass swing door installed barely a yr old and it shattered for no reason during the day when there is no people at home. I found out when i reached home later. What could be the reason? I'm very sure nothing dropped or bang onto it. And of course my contractor dont believe me and insist that i broke it, really nothing i can do? Pls advise & tks in advance :(:(

Glass is something nobody can assure you if it will break today or tmr by itself. I know it's weird but thats the way the material is. For better saftety reasons, i would recommend you to do a laminated glass(tempered + normal float glass) door to prevent serious accidents when the door breaks by any means as laminated door will not shatter to pieces on the ground, but stays intact as a whole piece even if it breaks (You will see the glass like as if it is filled with spider webs design). It would be more expensive though and i'm not very sure if it's available for doors. Just my 2 cents =)