Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

Hi all, chanced upon this page this morning. any one to comment on Cleansui? was looking at AL680 from btb website and it stated sold out, awaiting new model coming up soon. Cleansui filter has a 0.01m right?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Rizoma,

Clenasui has 0.01M filtraton capability. Its compact and can fit on most general taps. For the price, its affordable if you are seriously looking ultrafine filtration. You can go to all major dept stores and have a look at the filters. There are more varieties than just the AL680 if I am not wrong and most models offer the 0.01M filtration.

Cheers!

Hi Rizoma,

Clenasui has 0.01M filtraton capability. Its compact and can fit on most general taps. For the price, its affordable if you are seriously looking ultrafine filtration. You can go to all major dept stores and have a look at the filters. There are more varieties than just the AL680 if I am not wrong and most models offer the 0.01M filtration.

Cheers!

thanks gkbt

from the website, only AL680 is undersink and is an alkaline ionizer. And it is retailed at $2399. Compare this to jupiter delphi, what is your take ?

Hi Rizoma,

The AL680 is a 3 plate (solid plate) undersink water ionizer, while the Jupiter Delphi is a 5 plate (mesh plate) undersink water ionizer.

The water ionizer strength is measured in alkalinity which is also directly in relation to the number and type of plates.

Do take a few considerations when thinking of a water ionizer

1) Company that manufacture it (niche player or general player)

2) Variety of products (the more products on offer the more invested the manufacturer will be)

3) Age of both manufacturer and Agent. (the longer they have been in the market speak of the stability of the company at large)

4) Price (price should be value for money and not overly cheap or expensive)

5) Service (what is the service that each agent is able to provide eg. filter change / repair / warranty)

If you ask me on price, the AL680 is at S$2399 while the Jupiter delphi is at $2888 therefore the AL680 is cheaper if you are budget constrained. An Alkaline water ionizer system will last you many years and as such one should consider the overall investment for the system not just in price but also all of the above.

Welcome to the water ionizer family nonetheless!

Hi Rizoma,

The AL680 is a 3 plate (solid plate) undersink water ionizer, while the Jupiter Delphi is a 5 plate (mesh plate) undersink water ionizer.

The water ionizer strength is measured in alkalinity which is also directly in relation to the number and type of plates.

Do take a few considerations when thinking of a water ionizer

1) Company that manufacture it (niche player or general player)

2) Variety of products (the more products on offer the more invested the manufacturer will be)

3) Age of both manufacturer and Agent. (the longer they have been in the market speak of the stability of the company at large)

4) Price (price should be value for money and not overly cheap or expensive)

5) Service (what is the service that each agent is able to provide eg. filter change / repair / warranty)

If you ask me on price, the AL680 is at S$2399 while the Jupiter delphi is at $2888 therefore the AL680 is cheaper if you are budget constrained. An Alkaline water ionizer system will last you many years and as such one should consider the overall investment for the system not just in price but also all of the above.

Welcome to the water ionizer family nonetheless!

hi gkbt, it is a 5 plate and not 3 plate.

Hi Rizoma,

Regarding the undersink model, Goobii and i discussed this in page 2 & 3.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/15135-water-filters/?p=474591

Personally they mentioned its 3 plates. So unless they made a new model, I cant see it being a 5 plate model.

*just checked cleansui website, seems they have a new model al700. Based on the specs, looks like its a 5 plate system. Not sure the price though....

Other things to take note,

u need a transformer for this unit as it powered at 110v (Japan power)

The filter price seems odd $0.36 per liter for 8000l = $2880 my guess is an error should be 0.036 per liter which is = $288.

Edited by gkbt

Hi Rizoma,

Regarding the undersink model, Goobii and i discussed this in page 2 & 3.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/15135-water-filters/?p=474591

Personally they mentioned its 3 plates. So unless they made a new model, I cant see it being a 5 plate model.

*just checked cleansui website, seems they have a new model al700. Based on the specs, looks like its a 5 plate system. Not sure the price though....

Other things to take note,

u need a transformer for this unit as it powered at 110v (Japan power)

The filter price seems odd $0.36 per liter for 8000l = $2880 my guess is an error should be 0.036 per liter which is = $288.

yes 5 plate system in their latest model AL700 which is 110v for Japan and the AL700E for Singapore use is 220v. Price at $2699 and filter cost $295 to change. Dilemma... alkaline ionizer or just purified water ...do we need alkaline water?

Edited by rizoma

yes 5 plate system in their latest model AL700 which is 110v for Japan and the AL700E for Singapore use is 220v. Price at $2699 and filter cost $295 to change. Dilemma... alkaline ionizer or just purified water ...do we need alkaline water?

correction, the price is $2899.90

Having had the knowledge that the choice of drinking water is critical to my health, I understand that only if the water system goes through the process of ionization, that provide ‘negatively charged’ water (-ORP) is the one that has real health benefits. You must check out the company VWA (www.vwa.com.my) which provides the top water ionizers independently rated by 3 major research companies in USA. You cannot go wrong with this.

Dear Charlton,

You are right to say about the requirements and benefits of alkaline ionized water, (microclusters, high alkalinity, dissloved hydrogen, -ORP etc)

Unfortunately I do not see VWA in USA nor has its been independently tested....... Unless you mean the model numbers which i sourced from your website to be similar to similar models carried by "different brands" around the world, In other words VWA is just a distributor and the actual OEM company is called TYENT.

I always research history of the manufacturer to see if they stand up well to others. Apparently TYENT has a 18 years+ history in the water industry, however they only started in 2003 to produce water ionizers (pls check actual company history) therefore only having a 10 year history of water ionization system manufacturing experience. Furthermore they do not only concentrate on water alone, other products like soap and coenzymes which make them not a specialized company.

Many websites in US are very skewed to a "vested" brand, therefore I only believe in a company that test but do not sell. Silver State is one example that tested water ionizers from many brands but do not have any interest in any.

Water ionizers can never be wrong, but as for the brand a customer chooses, please choose wisely from info such as

1) From Japan and Korea (cos only endorsed as a medical device in these 2 countries)

2) Age of Manufacturer (specialized?)

3) Quality of product (Age, history)

4) Age of Agent / distributor (specialized?)

5) Award locally or internationally.

Cheers

Edited by gkbt

Just sharing i have been reading up about alkaline water purifier and been wanting to get one, especially singapore is recycling the used water aka newater.

my budget is around $2000

my 3 choices were :

1) Jupiter Alphion Mx - $2020 (w GST) + $100 for installation (must pay regardless if u have your own plumber)

its 1 filter system with 5 plates ionization

filter is $150 with onsite technician delivery

2 years warranty

2) h20 life KYK 25000 - $1999 (w GST), include installation (special opening promotion at NUH) with small free gifts (dust filter, 10 litre collectable bag)

its 2 filter system with 5 plates ionization

filter is $140 - you have to buy it from the store and change yourself

2 years warranty

3) Novita Hydroplus - $2599

3 years warranty

(i didn't find out more since the price is out of my budget)

In the end, we just bought KYK 25000 since the usual price is $2199 and when the sales manager gave us another $200 discount for its opening in NUH.

Also, it uses 2 filters instead of one.

Any one interested in getting h20 products, please pm me as there is ambassador program which we can get $250 cash rebates for every new purchase.

Hi Nyc76

Sorry for the delay, have not visited this forum due to work commitment.

Anyway the system is an alkaline water system using minerals.

hi gkbt

What is your views on Hexagon Alkaline Hydrogen Water Filter System?

http://www.amazon.com/Hexagon-Alkaline-Hydrogen-Filter-Filtration/dp/B00539HR5E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thanks.

Just sharing i have been reading up about alkaline water purifier and been wanting to get one, especially singapore is recycling the used water aka newater.

my budget is around $2000

my 3 choices were :

1) Jupiter Alphion Mx - $2020 (w GST) + $100 for installation (must pay regardless if u have your own plumber)

its 1 filter system with 5 plates ionization

filter is $150 with onsite technician delivery

2 years warranty

2) h20 life KYK 25000 - $1999 (w GST), include installation (special opening promotion at NUH) with small free gifts (dust filter, 10 litre collectable bag)

its 2 filter system with 5 plates ionization

filter is $140 - you have to buy it from the store and change yourself

2 years warranty

3) Novita Hydroplus - $2599

3 years warranty

(i didn't find out more since the price is out of my budget)

In the end, we just bought KYK 25000 since the usual price is $2199 and when the sales manager gave us another $200 discount for its opening in NUH.

Also, it uses 2 filters instead of one.

Any one interested in getting h20 products, please pm me as there is ambassador program which we can get $250 cash rebates for every new purchase.

Hi Faykin,

The running cost of the dual filters will amount to almost $280 if its $140 each, $200 discount has always been available especially festive periods and road shows as far as I know since they started. Moreover the 25000 is no longer sold in other parts of the world. It was already replace by the KYK 30000 or Gen 2 systems sometime back.

In regards to cash rebates.. its an interesting development, something that might work elsewhere but I think Singaporeans do not like to know they are "paying $250" to another party when they buy something. But then who knows it might work? Time will only tell on their latest marketing methods... compared to their other previous methods..

Cheers!