Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

what you think of instapure filters ?

i went to instapure.com and online far cheaper than in store locally...................

can buy cheapest F2 filter and use top model F7 or F8 filter cartridge..............

you mind having a look and advice me if instapure is ok ? no money to buy expensive one lah.

I maybe wrong but i think the F2 system is unable to use R8 filter.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi GKBT,

Thanks for your valuable input on the water filter stuff. As you may recall, I did ask for your help on how to connect the pipings.

Below is the image to the water tap hole I opened on the sink, which is about 2 cm wide.

IMAG0269.jpg

Below the sink, I have already prepared a water outlet for the water filter.

IMAG0270.jpg

Ideally, I want this outlet to be joined to the above water tap hole and from this water tap hole, there is an L-juhction to join to the water filter which uses the white flexy pipings like below

IMAG0271.jpg

Hi Beluga,

I have seen the pictures and I don't think there is much of a possibility to use the 2cm hole. Simple reason is beacause the R.O system (think its Elken you mentioned) needs fresh water to be forced into a pressured chamber to filter out everything. This will then need a reservior to collect the slow trickling R.O water. As such you cannot use a 2cm tap and it turn on to collected R.O water. Furthermore the tubings are too thin to cover the 2cm gap. They should be 8mm in size each and as such cannot be sealed properly.

As such there can be only 2 options I can think of here:

option 1: Seal up the hole with a capping and redo another hole to fit the 8mm tubes to as to use the system that was given to you.

option 2: dump the current system you have and use another than ultilize a 2cm hole (a tap maybe to dispense water or redirect water to a system.)

Sorry for the not so good options, but that is what is available to you now. :unsure:

cheers.

I maybe wrong but i think the F2 system is unable to use R8 filter.

F2 can use F7 or R7 filter i forgot which one, i ask them already.

very worth it, i saw the F2 at Best Denki and build quality like won't lose out to higher models so might as well buy cheapest filter and best filter cartridge it can use................very cheap at instapure.com

### any way to confirm can fit the filter to my tap ?

Hi Beluga,

I have seen the pictures and I don't think there is much of a possibility to use the 2cm hole. Simple reason is beacause the R.O system (think its Elken you mentioned) needs fresh water to be forced into a pressured chamber to filter out everything. This will then need a reservior to collect the slow trickling R.O water. As such you cannot use a 2cm tap and it turn on to collected R.O water. Furthermore the tubings are too thin to cover the 2cm gap. They should be 8mm in size each and as such cannot be sealed properly.

As such there can be only 2 options I can think of here:

option 1: Seal up the hole with a capping and redo another hole to fit the 8mm tubes to as to use the system that was given to you.

option 2: dump the current system you have and use another than ultilize a 2cm hole (a tap maybe to dispense water or redirect water to a system.)

Sorry for the not so good options, but that is what is available to you now. :unsure:

cheers.

Thanks gkbt!

I know that 8 mm tubings are too small for a 2 cm hole but the original was to look for an L-shaped junction that can clip onto this 2 cm hole also be a junction to join to the bottom tap.

Anyway, to avoid any hassles for now, I want to look for a cap to cover this hole. This is also another headache as I don't know what can be used to cover this hole. I did ask the shop for any option to do so but they said none.

Thanks gkbt!

I know that 8 mm tubings are too small for a 2 cm hole but the original was to look for an L-shaped junction that can clip onto this 2 cm hole also be a junction to join to the bottom tap.

Anyway, to avoid any hassles for now, I want to look for a cap to cover this hole. This is also another headache as I don't know what can be used to cover this hole. I did ask the shop for any option to do so but they said none.

To cover the hole, I think you can find Kemp Trading and ask them, look for anyone there and tell them your problem, they might have some ideas.

Cheers!

To cover the hole, I think you can find Kemp Trading and ask them, look for anyone there and tell them your problem, they might have some ideas.

Cheers!

thanks for the tips...

Hi,

i am interested in the marvello or the jupiter range of water ioniser, i wonder anyone when is the promotion period of kemp trading for such water ioniser ?

thanks

Hi,

i am interested in the marvello or the jupiter range of water ioniser, i wonder anyone when is the promotion period of kemp trading for such water ioniser ?

thanks

The promotion is all year round... in another word, no chance to see GSS price tag on their water ionizer products.

thank you for replying.

Has anyone who have used the water ionisers for sometime, seen the benefits claimed by the water ionisers companies, such as reduction in weight, reduce blood pressure, etc ?

plse tell your personal experience.

tks.

thank you for replying.

Has anyone who have used the water ionisers for sometime, seen the benefits claimed by the water ionisers companies, such as reduction in weight, reduce blood pressure, etc ?

tks.

drink alkaline water can reduce weight? eat less carbo (rice, bread, noodle... etc) better.

drink alkaline water can reduce blood pressure? maybe drink continuous for 20 years and live a healthy life style bah.

i just started less than 2 months ago, cant feel any effect yet, maybe after 1 year if got result then i post here. :yamseng:

thank you for replying.

tks.

Water ionizer systems are classified as medical devices in both Japan and Korea since 1965 / 1970, they are meant to treat certain conditions of the body such as gastric, acid reflux, constipation etc. As for the other claims, please take it with some pinch of salt. Based on scientific theories it is possible, however traslating to the physiological aspect of the human body will depend on the individual rather than the system. There are various factors that affect the overall results and most of them are under human control such as lifestyle, diet and environment.

Water is extremely integral for the human body, fact of the matter is we tend not to drink enough. Based on researchers indications, we should be dinking roungly min 1.5L - 3.0L (based on adult and weight) When we do not drink enough, alot of body functions are compromised especially the detoxification of acidic buildup in the body. Do not be mistaken, the human body can remove acidic waste by itself, however its the aging effect and stress loading of the above 3 factors that causes eventual health issues.

If acidic buildup is not remove, it will cause extensive damage to the body. Conditions such as obesity is not bad to the body perse but I acts like a storage for acid to protect other more valuable organs (machinery)from getting overwelmed with acdic buildup. (Simply think your body is a factory and the waste produced by the factory needs to be discarted, however because the waste removal company are on stike, you cant get rid of the factory waste as as such have to hide it somewhere. Too much of this will eventually cause issues to the whole factory leading to total shutdown.)

You won't see much benefits immediately unless you have gastric issues etc that this system is used as a treatment for. For others, think in months and possibility years. Remember a patient experiencing degenerative condiditons didn't get it yesterday, likewise drinking alklaine ionized water wont clear up by tomorrow even if you change your lifestyle.

My own family experienced benefits such as stronger immunity, gastic and indigestion issues are gone years ago (been drinking this since my mom bought it for her gastric condition)

Cheers!

Water ionizer systems are classified as medical devices in both Japan and Korea since 1965 / 1970, they are meant to treat certain conditions of the body such as gastric, acid reflux, constipation etc. As for the other claims, please take it with some pinch of salt. Based on scientific theories it is possible, however traslating to the physiological aspect of the human body will depend on the individual rather than the system. There are various factors that affect the overall results and most of them are under human control such as lifestyle, diet and environment.

Water is extremely integral for the human body, fact of the matter is we tend not to drink enough. Based on researchers indications, we should be dinking roungly min 1.5L - 3.0L (based on adult and weight) When we do not drink enough, alot of body functions are compromised especially the detoxification of acidic buildup in the body. Do not be mistaken, the human body can remove acidic waste by itself, however its the aging effect and stress loading of the above 3 factors that causes eventual health issues.

If acidic buildup is not remove, it will cause extensive damage to the body. Conditions such as obesity is not bad to the body perse but I acts like a storage for acid to protect other more valuable organs (machinery)from getting overwelmed with acdic buildup. (Simply think your body is a factory and the waste produced by the factory needs to be discarted, however because the waste removal company are on stike, you cant get rid of the factory waste as as such have to hide it somewhere. Too much of this will eventually cause issues to the whole factory leading to total shutdown.)

You won't see much benefits immediately unless you have gastric issues etc that this system is used as a treatment for. For others, think in months and possibility years. Remember a patient experiencing degenerative condiditons didn't get it yesterday, likewise drinking alklaine ionized water wont clear up by tomorrow even if you change your lifestyle.

My own family experienced benefits such as stronger immunity, gastic and indigestion issues are gone years ago (been drinking this since my mom bought it for her gastric condition)

Cheers!

Hi friend,

so this marvello akaline water did not offset the acidicity of your stomach in causing indigestion problem ? My colleague was so adamant that he said his doctor strongly advised against drinking akaline water as it will affect the acidity of the stomach in aiding digestion.

Hi friend,

so this marvello akaline water did not offset the acidicity of your stomach in causing indigestion problem ? My colleague was so adamant that he said his doctor strongly advised against drinking akaline water as it will affect the acidity of the stomach in aiding digestion.

Hi Darcy,

As much as I value medical professional comments, their views cannot be taken as "be all ends all" statement. One must understand and question the practice of medicine that is not wholly on just the germ theory, rather please take some time to digest what the Father of modern medicine mentions:

“Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.”--Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.).

This is where the Hippocratic Oath is birth from which all medical professional swears an oath to. However medical professional nowadays think that food as medicine are not effective compared to synthetic medications and neglect the healing ability of the human body. This is not only wrong but also against which Hippocrates stood and believed. Yes drugs were use from time to time, but surely not ALL the time??

Coming back to your question, you have read previously on what i have mentioned that japan and Korea are actually classifying this type of technology as a medical system and is use for certain treatments there. If the alkaline water is affecting the acidity of the stomach that aids digestion then why consider it to be a medical device and use as a prescription in Japan and Korea?

Alkaline ionized water works in an interesting way of helping the body balance itself, it is true that the stomach needs to be acidic to breakdown food to facilitate the absorption of nutrients later in the intestines, but one must consider how and what we eat. If we are constantly keeping a acidic diet, then the stomach will be too lazy to produce enough acid to fully breakdown food. This will lead to indigestion. Alkaline ionized water on the other hand help encourage production of acid to a acceptable level for the purpose of breaking down food substances. Therefore a glass of alkaline ionized water 30 mins before meals help get the stomach ready for its duty. Alkaline ionized water like Mavello are 100% natural and not chemical based like medications yet they are not accepted while medicinal drugs are encouraged, surely this is quite strange.

I am quite sure that I am not alone in seeing the benefits of alkaline ionized water and therefore this is not pseudo science, snake oil etc, neither its a placebo result.

Sorry if I sounded too chim...

cheers

Hi Darcy,

As much as I value medical professional comments, their views cannot be taken as "be all ends all" statement. One must understand and question the practice of medicine that is not wholly on just the germ theory, rather please take some time to digest what the Father of modern medicine mentions:

“Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.”--Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.).

This is where the Hippocratic Oath is birth from which all medical professional swears an oath to. However medical professional nowadays think that food as medicine are not effective compared to synthetic medications and neglect the healing ability of the human body. This is not only wrong but also against which Hippocrates stood and believed. Yes drugs were use from time to time, but surely not ALL the time??

Coming back to your question, you have read previously on what i have mentioned that japan and Korea are actually classifying this type of technology as a medical system and is use for certain treatments there. If the alkaline water is affecting the acidity of the stomach that aids digestion then why consider it to be a medical device and use as a prescription in Japan and Korea?

Alkaline ionized water works in an interesting way of helping the body balance itself, it is true that the stomach needs to be acidic to breakdown food to facilitate the absorption of nutrients later in the intestines, but one must consider how and what we eat. If we are constantly keeping a acidic diet, then the stomach will be too lazy to produce enough acid to fully breakdown food. This will lead to indigestion. Alkaline ionized water on the other hand help encourage production of acid to a acceptable level for the purpose of breaking down food substances. Therefore a glass of alkaline ionized water 30 mins before meals help get the stomach ready for its duty. Alkaline ionized water like Mavello are 100% natural and not chemical based like medications yet they are not accepted while medicinal drugs are encouraged, surely this is quite strange.

I am quite sure that I am not alone in seeing the benefits of alkaline ionized water and therefore this is not pseudo science, snake oil etc, neither its a placebo result.

Sorry if I sounded too chim...

cheers

hi friend,

thank you for sharing with us your time and knowledge.

I've been following this thread for a while now, and had planned my new kitchen to accept the Jupiter Delphi undersink system, away from the sink at a beverage corner. Got kemptrading to do a site survey today, and the guy honestly cautioned me about not having a sink/drain, as it was frequently reported that the electronic faucet leaks and need replacement of the solenoid valve. Guy said almost all of his clients needed this repair/replacement, although some sooner than others. He even shared horror stories of those who realize the leak hours or even days later having gone overseas, to find the cabinetry totally damaged.

I'm totally convinced of the health benefits and was also completely enticed by the product's neatness and sleekness. That said, the above coming from a technician does make me hesitate. I'd have planned for a drainage if I knew earlier, but it's too late now cos all the cabinets are up. So can I have some opinions and feedback of people using the Delphi? Or is this guy just exaggerating, for reasons I cannot imagine. Maybe he's too tired to install another house haha...

Appreciate your frank comments, Thks.