Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

Hi, need your advice. How do you compare Marvell MX with the Smart I5?

Is it worth spending extra for the I7?

Hi Fong Cheng,

I would still recommend you to go for a water ionizer (since I have been using is for a long while now)... the amount of electricity used is insignificant, I would place it like <$2/mth. As for the discharge.... if you know how to use them... it wont be enough... my ration anyway for the discharge is about 30 - 40% of the entire volume... so not that stressful. Do a bit of homework from this forum or visit retail outlets to understand more.

If you still prefer an alkalizer water system, go for those who have been around for a while and have a good track record. The simple list I made above could help you start.

Regarding the price of the alkalizing water system from focus water.. the base price is already quite high $1688 followed by the filters that needs to be change... (dun have a costing here....) I would say about $250 - $350 for all 4 filters annually for life.....

So choose wisely.... and best wishes!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, need your advice. How do you compare Marvell MX with the Smart I5?

Is it worth spending extra for the I7?

Hi Siaboy,

I used the mavello b4 when I was still staying with my parents and bought my own set when renting a room. When I finally shifted to my current place I gave my MIL my current Mavello and got the Jupiter system... All in all I would think technology will advance with years and you would be better off getting the latest water ionizer.

However if you are old school, go for the Mavello, cant see it failing users expectation.

So difference is technology if the price is roughly the same I would go for technology rather than old school... but that's me.

hope that helps!

Edited by gkbt

Bro gkbt, you are using Jupiter and recommend it? Reason I ask is because I don't have much time to do research so I would seek your recommendation. I will be using the unit sparsely for 5 years before moving.

Bro gkbt, you are using Jupiter and recommend it? Reason I ask is because I don't have much time to do research so I would seek your recommendation. I will be using the unit sparsely for 5 years before moving.

Hi benetay,

I have been using the Jupiter water ionizer system for over 5 years already.

If you are using a water ionizer sparsely, I would think you should go for the Mavello Mx. My in-laws are still using my older Mavello system and they don't fail that easily. Come to think of it... its already coming 9 years....

Moreover I have heard of ppl bringing the Mavello overseas and using them there with no issues... so stretch those $$$

Cheer Bro! Hope it helps!

Edited by gkbt

• Like 1

I am using USA brand water treatment system for more than 10years

It is certified by NSF standard 42, 53, 55. Plus NSF/ANSI 401. Using advance technology UV light to kill bacteria so I have save up my cost to boil water.

It is so simple and easy to install, I am always bring out the unit to install on certain hotel or apartment resort when I travel holiday

Edited by wattsivy

Hi gkbt, my wife and I are interested to get something to enhance our water for health benefits.

From your postings, you are using the Jupiter. Can you enlighten me on how it works? Is there any maintenance cost involved? Any parts that require changing etc?

Is it linked to a tap? I went to Kemp Trading's site but there isn't much info other than the technology stuff.

The Jupiter Alphion MX is currently priced at 1888 before GST. is it a good investment or should i look at some other devices?

Thanks in advance for your sharing of knowledge throughout the years!

• Like 1

Hi gkbt, my wife and I are interested to get something to enhance our water for health benefits.

From your postings, you are using the Jupiter. Can you enlighten me on how it works? Is there any maintenance cost involved? Any parts that require changing etc?

Is it linked to a tap? I went to Kemp Trading's site but there isn't much info other than the technology stuff.

The Jupiter Alphion MX is currently priced at 1888 before GST. is it a good investment or should i look at some other devices?

Thanks in advance for your sharing of knowledge throughout the years!

Hi SkimMilk,

Apologies for the late late reply.... looking after my new born so cant really spend time on forums already....

The technology involves the separation of minerals into alkaline and acidic. Thus you get alkaline water and acidic water. The system is linked to a water supply either a tap or connected to your pipe. The benefits are both essential alkaline minerals (in ionic form) and antioxidants (vis OH- and hydrogen). There is alot of conversation about this kind of system and there are both proponents and opponents. On a scientific note, it works, on a personal note, my family is doing well so yeah..

Water ionizers are getting extremely competitive (like for like) and there are alot of alkalizers like the above. Kemp is the pioneering company that supplies such water ionizers and should be mile ahead from the rest... price wise ranges from the affordable to the expensive.. but that's really up the the consumer.

Cheers!

Hello gkbt,

Am thinking of a system from KT. Appreciate your views on:

1. Smart I 7 plates vs 5 plates? Pros n cons?

2. For us to bottle this water for school and work, what is the recommended bottle types? Stainless steel or plastic? Switched to SS 2 yrs ago due to possible plastic leaking into water, so with high ionized alkaline water, what is the impact? Will the antioxidant deteriorate to zero for 8-9 hrs that we were consuming this water?

3. Recommended alkaline level for primary students?

Thanks!

Hello gkbt,

Am thinking of a system from KT. Appreciate your views on:

1. Smart I 7 plates vs 5 plates? Pros n cons?

2. For us to bottle this water for school and work, what is the recommended bottle types? Stainless steel or plastic? Switched to SS 2 yrs ago due to possible plastic leaking into water, so with high ionized alkaline water, what is the impact? Will the antioxidant deteriorate to zero for 8-9 hrs that we were consuming this water?

3. Recommended alkaline level for primary students?

Thanks!

Hi Grateful,

Welcome to the ionizer family! lol

1) Generally nowadays 7 plates are the "standard" compared to the 5 plates which are the norm for a few decades. I would say go for the 7 if your budget permits.

2) Generally glass bottles are the best.. but as we all know glass is the most dangerous esp for younger kids... so plastic would be the next better vessel. Metal containers are good but they tend to attract minerals from alkaline water way to fast (you would start to see or feel some minerals buildup almost within a few days.) The other containers will attract but at a slower pace.. Try keeping some critic acid powder to remove minerals if needed. There is no impact of leeching of plastics residues from water ionizers so far (almost 100 yrs since the beginning)

I can for sure tell you that alkaline water will not deteriorate if its kept in any bottle without exposure to the air (opening the bottle to drink is an example) therefore a 8-9 hours with some exposure is fine. The antioxidants are available when its fresh and will get neutralized faster than the alkalinity but again 8-9 hrs is fine

3) I would recommend MAX level for them.. The higher the alkaline level the better the neutralization of acidic buildup (though this is at a small scale but every bit helps) The higher the level will also provide higher antioxidants and hydrogen which are used to prevent oxidization from free radicals.

Hope that helps!

gkbt

Hi gkbt,

Thanks for your info sharing on Marvello. Do you have any idea what is the ORP range for Marvello. I tried to search online but unfortunately no info is available for the ORP range for Marvello.

If you have such info, pls share it. If you have the relevant website will be more convincing.

Thanks

Hi gkbt,

Thanks for your info sharing on Marvello. Do you have any idea what is the ORP range for Marvello. I tried to search online but unfortunately no info is available for the ORP range for Marvello.

If you have such info, pls share it. If you have the relevant website will be more convincing.

Thanks

Dear Harmiles,

Nice to know that you are reading up on alkaline water ionizers.

The Mavello and other alkaline water ionizer systems from Kemp do not indicate ORP values. The simple reason is that ORP fluctuates all the time as the quality of the water in our taps changes as well.

What I have come across with my personal ORP meter was anywhere from -450 to -750 mV for the Mavello at the highest level. This was a while back and I have not measured since. If you have any doubt, do feel free to ask for an orp test on the mavello at your place.

What the Ministry of Health and Welfare in Japan says is the anything that has -250 mV is considered beneficial to the human body...

The links I have shared on this thread should be a good reference point.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Dear Harmiles,

Nice to know that you are reading up on alkaline water ionizers.

The Mavello and other alkaline water ionizer systems from Kemp do not indicate ORP values. The simple reason is that ORP fluctuates all the time as the quality of the water in our taps changes as well.

What I have come across with my personal ORP meter was anywhere from -450 to -750 mV for the Mavello at the highest level. This was a while back and I have not measured since. If you have any doubt, do feel free to ask for an orp test on the mavello at your place.

What the Ministry of Health and Welfare in Japan says is the anything that has -250 mV is considered beneficial to the human body...

The links I have shared on this thread should be a good reference point.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

`Hi gkbt,

Thanks for your explanation on ORP value.

How about Panasonic TK-7585 or TK-AS40 as compare to Mavello? Are they equivalent to Mavello? Pls share your opinion as I can see u are knowledgable on the alkaline water. Need your advice before decide to go for panasonic or Mavello.

`Hi gkbt,

Thanks for your explanation on ORP value.

How about Panasonic TK-7585 or TK-AS40 as compare to Mavello? Are they equivalent to Mavello? Pls share your opinion as I can see u are knowledgable on the alkaline water. Need your advice before decide to go for panasonic or Mavello.

Hi Harmiles69,

Sry for the late reply... its still a busy week for me...

The TK-7585 is probably the closest to the Mavello (5 plate Vs 5 plates) However the plates are of different types (TK-7585 Solid plates Vs Mavello Mx Mesh plates) If I can recall proper... the older Mavello were using solid plates which was Maximum around - 450 mV pH around 9.5 - 10 so I think this can be said for the TK-7585 too (ball park figure since there is no actual data to suggest nor personnel to verify this with). As for the TKA40, it has 3 plates which probably be around -250mV. (Estimated since the Japanese started promoting water ionizers in the 1970s, they advocated to drink at least - 250 mV in antioxidant value and pH max at 9)

Hope it helps