Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mos_burger

Where To Buy Reliable Gate Pad Lock?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Anyone can recconmand where to buy good door pad lock with reasonable price? What brand is good?

i been looking at DURO brand. still have not buy yet, coz i want to buy the same key for the padlock plus the main door lock.

DURO is not cheap though. one padlock alone is $128. the one that can be fixed onto the metal gate type.

other brands are alot cheaper. about $75-$80. I saw VANNI brand. but it looks lousy........

If you are looking at Duro brand, it is fixed price. Get from anywhere is the same. Home-fix, self-fix or neighbourhood shops...

but be sure to check your gate dimensions before committing.

Most shops don't offer refund.

There are other brands like Singlock and etc.

I have tried Vanni before, but it was unable to fit in. Luckily i could get it refunded..

An advice which i got from shop owners, it is convenient to get those all in one(gate, door, letter box) key. But if possible, it is adviced not to replace the letter box key. If you forget to remove it after retrieving your letters, it could be disasterous. As it is very easily identified with the word "DURO"

If you are looking at Duro brand, it is fixed price. Get from anywhere is the same. Home-fix, self-fix or neighbourhood shops...

I have tried Vanni before, but it was unable to fit in. Luckily i could get it refunded..

An advice which i got from shop owners, it is convenient to get those all in one(gate, door, letter box) key. But if possible, it is adviced not to replace the letter box key. If you forget to remove it after retrieving your letters, it could be disasterous. As it is very easily identified with the word "DURO"

oh yes, its not good to use same key for letterbox.

just only for main door and padlock will be good enough.

Do u keep ur letter box keys separately? For me if I leave my letter box keys on the letter box then its as good as leaving all my keys there since they are all bunched together.

Duro all in one key system is very useful, no more thinking about which key open which lock... Just use the same one for all :)

Thanks for all comments.

So the Duro single key multi locks system, will the key be able to duplicate if i need extra keys for my family?

Where is the good shop to purchase cheap and good lock other than DIY, Selfix..

As what the others say, Duro lock price pretty fix, no diff where u get it from.

We using Duro padlock for the gate, 4 keys already provided. Was told that if want to duplicate extra keys, need to pay $10 per extra key cos normal locksmith outside will not be able to duplicate, not sure true or not.

pardon me, but wats the purpose in gettin the lock then if they can be opened with the same key? i.e. can break the door, can break e gate too. :dunno:

pardon me, but wats the purpose in gettin the lock then if they can be opened with the same key? i.e. can break the door, can break e gate too. :dunno:

True, but when you misplace yor keys, it is usually the whole bunch rather then individual key. Still, a valid point to consider.

As what the others say, Duro lock price pretty fix, no diff where u get it from.

We using Duro padlock for the gate, 4 keys already provided. Was told that if want to duplicate extra keys, need to pay $10 per extra key cos normal locksmith outside will not be able to duplicate, not sure true or not.

think it's true... coz we had to get an extra one for my MIL a long time ago, that time had to pay $100 i think... the normal locksmith don't have the equipment to do this type of key

Some of the Duro lock has 10 years warranty and if you lose your keys, they will be able to duplicate another one(not sure abt the cost)

They have the locks combinations...

Nowadays shops/locksmiths ave the equipment(m/c that drill small little holes) to duplicate duro lock keys, but if the key break into 2 pieces, your warranty will be void. 1 key for all is for the "convenience" instead of having 3 keys..

So cheap does not means good...

Locks wholesale Shanghai Tong Lee @ Textile Centre.