Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

she called today.. and actually sent out the mail to the wrong email address.. meeting her nxt week.. hope everything will be smooth.. :)

Glad to know its just a miscomm. My experience with Irene has been positive even after handover. She's been arranging final touch ups for me and I'll be meeting the carpenter again to work on new requirements for my feature wall. Over the whole reno process, she has been very accomodating to us so I got only good comments for her.

Hope everything will turn out well for you! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
haiz.. same sentiments.. she don seems to care.. very disappointed with Irene attitudes...like everyone that is served by her.. standard ans.. flat too small cannot do much.. bla bla...

3 weeks ago, She called me said the quotation is ready.. and due to work committment i cannot meet up with her.. so i ask her to email my quotation to me 1st.. and for the past 3 weeks and 2 reminders.. she promised she will send but i rx nOTHING!!

GIve up liao.. i don think she can handle a reno job cos she cant even send out a quotation.. :(

she called today.. and actually sent out the mail to the wrong email address.. meeting her nxt week.. hope everything will be smooth.. :)

Anyone know the carpentry contractor(s) who fabricate & build kitchen cabinets for IntraDesign?

I manage to shortlist down to 3. Actually, I had signed up with 1 ID some time back, but due to conflicts and after getting back a refund, I am sourcing for other IDs now.

oic.. happy searching :sport-smiley-018:

Wah sey! u shortlist n speak to so many IDs arh! Manage to get the ideal choice so far? :D With the several frens' recommendations n good feedbacks here, intra is the 1st reno coy we went to and Dave advised us to go source for more quotes before gg back to him. we went to 2 other IDs n multiple showflats before gg back to intra again to confirm at 2nd appt. compared their quotes, tho intra is slightly on e higher side but we neg n did some adjustments to remove any unneccesary items to keep it within the budget as the more we ask for, the higher it will be. of cos what we heard n see is just a guide for us. reno really cost a large sum of money.. we also abit scare scare cos there have been so many bad reno experiences by frens too. Mutual trust really has to be there else it is really very stressful. now so far so good for us, looking forward to the end product too. :D

Sorry i nv deal with Irene before so can't comment. But based on wat we have been thru so far, we found communication n the style of the ID are very impt. Cos i believe every reno sure have some little hiccups or problems faced n how we go about liaising n communicating with them to solve the problem is crucial for us. As we wan our dream home to be comfy n cosy and Dave has always tell us.. u are the one staying in it not him.

sometimes our ideas are ideal but impractical. With more experience in home design than us, he will tell us what problems we may face in future.. he can still do it for us but if we encounter any issues in future, we cannot blame him.. wat they can give us are only suggestions n problems they foresee n it is logical cos at then end of the day it is also up to us. ;)

standing on the fence here, just curious when she ask u abt the design of other IDs.. is she trying to know if other IDs also provide u the suggestions or ideas tt she give? cos u been to so many IDs, just wondering if some IDs also think the same as her?

I manage to shortlist down to 3. Actually, I had signed up with 1 ID some time back, but due to conflicts and after getting back a refund, I am sourcing for other IDs now.

To be frank, no other IDs thought the same as her.

Completely agree! :good:

it has been said so many times already that u have to really be able to communicate well with your ID.

cheers_cheers: gd luck for your completion, im sure dave won't let u down. i tink shld be ok to call him but just try not to call him on sundays (his only off day). sometimes i worry abt him sia, he really overwork himself macham

zenixth: i believe everything can be discussed one, hope u dun compromise choosing a great company coz of this :)

I have the same thoughts as u, as in everything can be discussed one. However, she dun seem willing to crack her brains to think of a better solution to resolve it.

So far, for the unique feng shui requirements, many IDs have given me some thoughts as how to go abt doing it.

it has been said so many times already that u have to really be able to communicate well with your ID.

cheers_cheers: gd luck for your completion, im sure dave won't let u down. i tink shld be ok to call him but just try not to call him on sundays (his only off day). sometimes i worry abt him sia, he really overwork himself macham

zenixth: i believe everything can be discussed one, hope u dun compromise choosing a great company coz of this :)

thanks Sharpion! so far he try his best to do what he can do for us.. of cos must be reasonable requests haha else kena 8|

nope nv call him on suns but he fell ill a few times recently.. guess he overworked + the hot weather, easy for virus to spread ard.. :(

But based on wat we have been thru so far, we found communication n the style of the ID are very impt. Cos i believe every reno sure have some little hiccups or problems faced n how we go about liaising n communicating with them to solve the problem is crucial for us.

Edited by Sharpion

Maybe Dave is better than Irene.

I gave her alot of face as I actually sat thru the whole discussion with her. I have spoken to many IDs and she being the 16th ID I spoke to, gave me this kind of "attitude". Being a ID, she should think abt the design, rather than asking me how the other IDs design. *sigh*

Wah sey! u shortlist n speak to so many IDs arh! Manage to get the ideal choice so far? :D With the several frens' recommendations n good feedbacks here, intra is the 1st reno coy we went to and Dave advised us to go source for more quotes before gg back to him. we went to 2 other IDs n multiple showflats before gg back to intra again to confirm at 2nd appt. compared their quotes, tho intra is slightly on e higher side but we neg n did some adjustments to remove any unneccesary items to keep it within the budget as the more we ask for, the higher it will be. of cos what we heard n see is just a guide for us. reno really cost a large sum of money.. we also abit scare scare cos there have been so many bad reno experiences by frens too. Mutual trust really has to be there else it is really very stressful. now so far so good for us, looking forward to the end product too. :D

Sorry i nv deal with Irene before so can't comment. But based on wat we have been thru so far, we found communication n the style of the ID are very impt. Cos i believe every reno sure have some little hiccups or problems faced n how we go about liaising n communicating with them to solve the problem is crucial for us. As we wan our dream home to be comfy n cosy and Dave has always tell us.. u are the one staying in it not him.

sometimes our ideas are ideal but impractical. With more experience in home design than us, he will tell us what problems we may face in future.. he can still do it for us but if we encounter any issues in future, we cannot blame him.. wat they can give us are only suggestions n problems they foresee n it is logical cos at then end of the day it is also up to us. ;)

standing on the fence here, just curious when she ask u abt the design of other IDs.. is she trying to know if other IDs also provide u the suggestions or ideas tt she give? cos u been to so many IDs, just wondering if some IDs also think the same as her?

Edited by cheers_cheers

:)

understand your feelings on the strict requirements to follow due to fengshui... for our case, we engaged Dave before consulting the geomancer.. cos no other IDs can offer us the design that we really wan for our dream home.. After e fengshui consultation, we were also caught in between design n fengshui.. the Do's n Don't's .. glad that Dave n our geomancer gave us very good suggestions n alternatives.. quite an headache which one to choose.. but as we are the one staying in, the final decision is still ours.

we try our best to compromise both areas as we dun wan to give up the design but also wanted to follow the fengshui.. so we add in something and did some minor changes to make it work of cos have to increase some costs as we wanted the best for both areas. only one particular area we choosed design over the fengshui cos sometimes it's hard to get the best for both sides, hubby n i went through a few discussions before coming up with the decision as our main reason in choosing intra is becos of their design. if we give tt up, it's not wat we really wanted n why we get them to do our reno. for us, compromising works well n how we wanted our hse to be after such a long wait becomes the main objective when we comes down to decision making ;)

just my 2 cts worth. :)

it has been a great reno process so far and both my hubby n i really enjoy the rapport built up with dave. :dancingqueen:

Maybe Dave is better than Irene.

I gave her alot of face as I actually sat thru the whole discussion with her. I have spoken to many IDs and she being the 16th ID I spoke to, gave me this kind of "attitude". Being a ID, she should think abt the design, rather than asking me how the other IDs design. *sigh*

Edited by zenixth

:)

Irene? I hope whatever she showed you in the layout is what you get. Not as creative as Dave? Can I use "creative" to describe her? If I used the word "creative" to describe her would be insulting all the IDs in Singapore. Even a contractor is way better than her. She never cracked her brains to think at all.

The 1st meetup with her was simply a waste of time. I had some strict requirements to follow due to consultation with geomancer. She kept saying "bo bian since you consult feng shui, then design has to be ugly", "Your layout too small, bo bian, got to leave with the small space and ugly design". Come on, isn't a ID supposed to solve this? If she is expecting me to propose a solution for her, then why must I engage her? Then she proceeded to ask me how the other IDs design. Why must I tell her?

Good luck to those who engage her.

understand your feelings on the strict requirements to follow due to fengshui... for our case, we engaged Dave before consulting the geomancer.. cos no other IDs can offer us the design that we really wan for our dream home.. After e fengshui consultation, we were also caught in between design n fengshui.. the Do's n Don't's .. glad that Dave n our geomancer gave us very good suggestions n alternatives.. quite an headache which one to choose.. but as we are the one staying in, the final decision is still ours.

we try our best to compromise both areas as we dun wan to give up the design but also wanted to follow the fengshui.. so we add in something and did some minor changes to make it work of cos have to increase some costs as we wanted the best for both areas. only one particular area we choosed design over the fengshui cos sometimes it's hard to get the best for both sides, hubby n i went through a few discussions before coming up with the decision as our main reason in choosing intra is becos of their design. if we give tt up, it's not wat we really wanted n why we get them to do our reno. for us, compromising works well n how we wanted our hse to be after such a long wait becomes the main objective when we comes down to decision making ;)

just my 2 cts worth. :)

it has been a great reno process so far and both my hubby n i really enjoy the rapport built up with dave. :dancingqueen:

Edited by cheers_cheers

Irene? I hope whatever she showed you in the layout is what you get. Not as creative as Dave? Can I use "creative" to describe her? If I used the word "creative" to describe her would be insulting all the IDs in Singapore. Even a contractor is way better than her. She never cracked her brains to think at all.

The 1st meetup with her was simply a waste of time. I had some strict requirements to follow due to consultation with geomancer. She kept saying "bo bian since you consult feng shui, then design has to be ugly", "Your layout too small, bo bian, got to leave with the small space and ugly design". Come on, isn't a ID supposed to solve this? If she is expecting me to propose a solution for her, then why must I engage her? Then she proceeded to ask me how the other IDs design. Why must I tell her?

Good luck to those who engage her.

bwhahahaaha yah i feel that too, and the quotation we asking need more than 2 weeks, and she send by email to us.

abit sianz is a good word hahaha