Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
keropok

Fengshui..science? Clash With Religion? Comments?

Hi folks..im sure you have heard that many schools of thoughts about fengshui..some said it is purely science and nothing to do with religion but others include rituals or things they place in the house which looks quite religious to me.. (like those frog with coin in mouth..sorry but not quite sure what do you call them?)

I am a Christian and we just got a house..things hasn't gone quite well for my partner from almost the start of the year..he has lost 2 jobs and now still searching for a job...we have not moved into the house and we don't intend to do much reno to the house..only reno the MBR toilet and change the fixture in the common toilet..friends have asked us to engage a fengshui master to see our house and see if that can improve..though I am tempted to try..i don't really want to place objects in the house that might seem too "religious" things like a simple water feature is ok..

What do you all think? Anyone who is christian but practises fengshui? Care to share? And what is the average cost if i get a geomancer to see my house? Thanks loads!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi!

I am a hindu but I consulted a geomancer. Maybe it helps that

the vastushastra we practice is very close to fengshui.

It cost between 500 to 1000 $. Some things recommended were,

hanging a mirror, placing alum + rock salt in bathroom (scientifically

proven to eliminate malodors) wearing a particular gemstone

(jewelry by any name is still jewelry) in a ring or pendant.

Putting a landscape scenery/poster without any water source (as too much water

already so I changed my painting)

Changing position of study table, beds etc. Covering up certain mirrors or glass surface

with curtains... eliminating broken objects (helped to spring clean)

choosing wall colors and curtain colors to match. Putting a picture of galloping horses

etc.

None of the above had any religious connotations. So I dont see any harm in using

fengshui which bases itself on the earth;s positioning (E_W_N_S) vis-a vis a homes

location as a science rather than as a religious practice.

The above is all my own opinion and views and u r free to disagree or differ :)

:yamseng:

Hi folks..im sure you have heard that many schools of thoughts about fengshui..some said it is purely science and nothing to do with religion but others include rituals or things they place in the house which looks quite religious to me.. (like those frog with coin in mouth..sorry but not quite sure what do you call them?)

I am a Christian and we just got a house..things hasn't gone quite well for my partner from almost the start of the year..he has lost 2 jobs and now still searching for a job...we have not moved into the house and we don't intend to do much reno to the house..only reno the MBR toilet and change the fixture in the common toilet..friends have asked us to engage a fengshui master to see our house and see if that can improve..though I am tempted to try..i don't really want to place objects in the house that might seem too "religious" things like a simple water feature is ok..

What do you all think? Anyone who is christian but practises fengshui? Care to share? And what is the average cost if i get a geomancer to see my house? Thanks loads!

since you both have yet to move in - there is no effect yet.

fengshui got nothing to do with religion - just that some pple out there tends to mix it up.

Yeah, that is right. FengShui is a part of the heritage of Yin & Yang 5 Elements and Yi Jing. The spin off from there includes,

-Astrology (Xiang - life reading in form of ZiWeiDouShu and BaZi, FengShui, face & palm reading, Date Selections and Divination - ZhuoYi, Yi Gua, XuanKong gua etc.)

-Chinese Medicine

- Confucius ethics

-Tao philosophy (not the religion)

It is the religions like Buddhism and Taoism that mix their practice with FengShui.

Any FSM that mixes religion or cultural beliefs do not know FengShui. The highest level of FengShui (or rather authentic FengShui) practice do not require any 'put' items like mirrors, bagua, crystals (when in history did crystal become a trend in China???), charms, dragons, plants etc.

The whole mix-up is like the pseudo Chinese physicians who boil charms or some grandmom's hand-me-down 'medicine'. Working on 'faith' and 'belief'.....

If you would go to a certified Chinese physician for illness, authentic FSM offer the same quality of assistance for your residences.

Yeah, that is right. FengShui is a part of the heritage of Yin & Yang 5 Elements and Yi Jing. The spin off from there includes,

-Astrology (Xiang - life reading in form of ZiWeiDouShu and BaZi, FengShui, face & palm reading, Date Selections and Divination - ZhuoYi, Yi Gua, XuanKong gua etc.)

-Chinese Medicine

- Confucius ethics

-Tao philosophy (not the religion)

It is the religions like Buddhism and Taoism that mix their practice with FengShui.

Any FSM that mixes religion or cultural beliefs do not know FengShui. The highest level of FengShui (or rather authentic FengShui) practice do not require any 'put' items like mirrors, bagua, crystals (when in history did crystal become a trend in China???), charms, dragons, plants etc.

The whole mix-up is like the pseudo Chinese physicians who boil charms or some grandmom's hand-me-down 'medicine'. Working on 'faith' and 'belief'.....

If you would go to a certified Chinese physician for illness, authentic FSM offer the same quality of assistance for your residences.

Hi Gui,

I have seen FSM who did not "put" anything, just personally sit there, sleep there, study there will do. Is this the "highest level" of fengshui.

Await your advise.

Regards.

hi keropok,

i hv seen certain fengshui master able to practise it without bringing in religion......just search for the one that suits you. fengshui got some statistics, social science, geography, astrology involved in it...in fact the religious part u see is because some older generation fengshui master believe in taoism or buddhism so they put 2 together

Hi Gui,

I have seen FSM who did not "put" anything, just personally sit there, sleep there, study there will do. Is this the "highest level" of fengshui.

Await your advise.

Regards.

Hi No Horse Run,

That is only the end instruction to clients when all proper jobs are done by FSM.

Positive Qi must be there in landform and internal configuration before we can instruct the clients to use various rooms for specific functions. They use need to 'use' the positive Qi through such activities.

rgds,

Fengshui is natural and if done correctly you will feel very comfortable. For example, you don't have to engage a FSM to tell you that sitting at a desk in a room with the door behind you will make you feel uncomfortable. You can't see the person when he/she comes in!

My FSM Master Zhang told me before that he has Christians (Chinese & Caucasians), and Indians (Hindu) among his customers.

So in my opinion, fengshui is about seeking balance with nature and nothing to do with religion. In fact, the Tong Shu was charted by Muslims in the Imperial Court (I can't remember which dynasty though)