Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahjane

Ho Chi Minh

Anyone can share on this place...going in Oct on Tigerair.

beside sightseeing (taken care by land tour), i hope to get info on shopping. staying near a ben thai market too. I would wish to get household stuff.

Appreciated.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Anyone can share on this place...going in Oct on Tigerair.

beside sightseeing (taken care by land tour), i hope to get info on shopping. staying near a ben thai market too. I would wish to get household stuff.

Appreciated.

Which hotel are you staying in? Think the one near the Ben Than market is the new world. what type of house hold stuff? Basically you can go to Dong Khoi st. and the main shopping area is there, make sure you bargain. Ben Than market is also great for shopping but depends on what you want to buy.

The embroidered stuff like table cloth etc is quite nice.. and they have some great art galleries also.

I go to HCMC almost once a month on biz so pm me if you want to know more specific stuff.

patsy, thanks for sharing, could u advice on the following? :notti:

i will be staying at Le Duy Hotel seems to be near the Ben Thanh Market.

wish to get a coffee filter (made of metal) widely used there and the coffee also. frens said very nice.

wish to get nice laquerware or clayware or ceremic ware...big plates and bowls.

wish to get cushion cover, big big floor mat (or big big table cover to be used as floor mat for coffeetable)

wish to get nice design looking wall clock, table lamp, small stool or bench

thanks

patsy, thanks for sharing, could u advice on the following? :notti:

i will be staying at Le Duy Hotel seems to be near the Ben Thanh Market. --- sorry am not familiar with this, coz company always book me in the Sheraton

wish to get a coffee filter (made of metal) widely used there and the coffee also. frens said very nice. --- the coffee filter you can get in Ben Tanh, coffee powder may be best you try out the diff ones and pick the one you like best. Each store have different blends so very hard to recommend.

wish to get nice laquerware or clayware or ceremic ware...big plates and bowls. -- laquerware in Dong Khoi St.... ceramic ware also, though if it's to use, Ben Thanh market should have also.

wish to get cushion cover, big big floor mat (or big big table cover to be used as floor mat for coffeetable) - there are a few embroidery stores in Dong Khoi.. and further up the road towards the municipal bldg..

wish to get nice design looking wall clock, table lamp, small stool or bench - this one dunno :)

thanks

hope this helps!

hi patsy, i heard that i can bring SGD to HCM....then change it to dong at the moneychanger or bank. true?

or i die die must bring USD?

any bank near ben thah market?