Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chocolatechipmuffin

First Home: Project Reno

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Those holes in the trunking and the exposed wires are a big no-no... sigh and why clean half half leave the paint on the pipe...

Man I really hope that all is rectified for you soon. Think you're in your 10th or 11th week? I read your blog that your ID seems to be working through the list... good for you! :)

Holes in electrical casing- the electrician really doesnt seem to take pride in his work.

ghimpics052hs5.th.jpgthpix.gif

holes at bottom of trunking & 'plaster job'. many of these holes all along trunking!

ghimpics070nu1.th.jpgthpix.gif

ghimpics084to9.th.jpgthpix.gif

hole in wall under the trunking.

ghimpics077ia6.th.jpgthpix.gif

yeah it is a big headache. i actually got reaally angry with the ID on monday and have only corresponded with him via sms since.

and he doesn't even bother to reply to my sms till i sms'ed him TWICE to acknowledge them! and it was HOURS before he responded with just a 'yes' ok.

I never knew that this was the kind of work I would get from my ID, since he seemed like he was experienced. Very disappointed.

he is supposed to be working on the defects this wk, but no one has been to my place to do anything since monday. *shrug* have told him that if the work is not done by friday, i will just get another contractor to finish the job & charge it to his company. :P

can't wait for this reno to be over...

Edited by chocolatechipmuffin

hi bubbling,

i also hope so!

but guess what?!?! yesterday, when i took a closer look at the trunking patch work, i realised that the 'patch job' of the trunking that they did was done by putting MASKING TAPE over the hole & painting it over!!

Can you believe it?!? I was flabbergasted.

I dunno who the boss of * interior is, but he definitely needs to QC his workers! It is so sooo disappointing. i could feel my heart sink loh.

am prepared to ask the furniture guys to extend their delivery date by ANOTHER WEEK so that I can see this through properly.

oh dear...hope ur ID will reactify the pblm fast!

hi bubbling,

i also hope so!

but guess what?!?! yesterday, when i took a closer look at the trunking patch work, i realised that the 'patch job' of the trunking that they did was done by putting MASKING TAPE over the hole & painting it over!!

I dunno who the boss of * interior is, but he definitely needs to QC his workers! It is so sooo disappointing. i could feel my heart sink loh.

am prepared to ask the furniture guys to extend their delivery date by ANOTHER WEEK so that I can see this through properly.

I think it'll be good if you take a picture of this masking tape 'repair' job as evidence of more shoddy work and make sure the picture has date. Hang in there!

hi bubbling,

i also hope so!

oh dear...can feel the frustration ...if its me i cant tolerate such work also ...some things we can close one eyes but some things we definitely got to voice out!

hey guys. thanks for the support & the sympathy so far :( helps to vent at times like these

well so far i can't say it's been going well! id called me today to ask me to be present the whole day tomorrow to supervise the work to make sure it's to my liking. i was like 'the whole day?'

which made him go on about how i had 'so many thing to add on to the defect list'. he refused to listen to me when i said that alot of the additions were due to his workers doing bad patch ups, and went on a tirade of how he's tried but we're hard to please & that he's very busy & got other things to do, not only my hse.

i raised my voice at him to tell him to let me speak (coz i couldn't get a word in sideways with him going on about how he doesnt want to listen to what went wrong) & he just raised it back at me even louder! i couldn't take it anymore, and honestly, for one of the few times in my life (and i can count on one hand how many times that's happened), i just exploded & started shouting at him that he was being extremely rude to me and that he should not be shouting at me and not allowing me to speak at all.

almost everyone i know have NEVER heard me shout. that's how angry i was.

so yeah. we pretty much had a shouting match for a while. (during which i told him i'd go down to his office to complain to his boss at his office about his bad attitude, and that he's made this renovation experience an unhappy one for me. and that i have NEVER had anyone shouting at me like that.)

anyways, to cut a long story short, he finally 'sort of' extended an olive branch by reprasing what he said last ('i dont mean that i want you to do my job, but i just think that if you are there than the defects can be corrected there & you wont have any more defects after that') - which i actually doubt btw being that i have heard of TONS of stories where after some time of living at a place, you find out that certain things are not working well/ plastering falls off, etc.

he also 'explained away' his shouting by saying he was 'outside' (unconfirmed, but will dubiously take that as true), and that he talks to contractors most of the time so he might raise his voice unconsiously. (might be true, but if he's as experienced an ID as he claims he is, he'd know that raising his voice at a client for whatever reason is a no no.)

anyways, i have agreed to take off work & go down to my house for the whole of tomorrow to oversee the workers.

but really, i still don't understand what's so difficult.

i compiled a 5 pg list of defects (& where in each room to find them) for him & informed him promptly on only 2 or 3 other seperate occasions on additions to the defect list. (between which almost no work was done anyway!) i even tagged each defect in each room with masking tape & written instruction on the tape so it's OBVIOUS to him to know where each defect is. but i'm still accused of being unreasonable and adding to the defect list (what am i to do if i see more defects? just keep my mouth shut & live with it?!?).

honest to god i had not been so angry in a LONG LONG LONG TIME. :( :( :(

people who've had bad experiences with reno companies, pls msg/pm me to tell me what kind of recourse/action you took.

i REALLY can't wait for this reno to be over. :P

oMG.. was also thinking of approaching them last time.

sorry to hear what happened, hope things will turn out fine..

mmm but really sounds like you doing his work. BUT it's also good in a way that you can really see things get done ba. :) Good luck! I do hope that everything will be resolved!

:( can understand your frustration .... the defects you have shown is really unacceptable ..really hate IDs who dun do their jobs in ensuring the reno is done properly and expect clients to accept whatever thrown to them instead of asking the contractors to rectify... 8|

Frankly speaking, I am also not too happy with the workmanship of my reno ... so has also been thinking that in the event if ID refuse to rectify the issues then will go and complain to the boss .. although I also dunno who the boss is ..

However, when the need arise, mabbe can check at www.acra.gov.sg .. need have to pay 5 bucks to purchase their business profile ...

I have not reach that stage yet since ID is willing to rectify and hopefully yours can also be resolved without gg through more troubles...

just to show what i mean by shoddy patch up work, here's the evidence.

trunking with hole before patch up:

ghimpics084to9.jpg

w640.png

trunking with hole after patch up (workers patched with masking tape & painted over!) i pulled out the masking tape to take a clearer picture.

inventory002nx1.jpg

w480.png

i hope & pray that the patch up work will go smoothly tomorrow.

I can also understand your frustration cos' I do have dispute with one of the IDs before but lucky I manage to get a refund and not let him ruin my renovation. Your ID is really terrible :curse:

Base on my experience with HDB defects, I kind of believe that if the worker's workmanship is not there, there is nothing you can do... even ask for rectification 100 times wun help too. Do you think you can request for a different worker for the rectification?

Anyway, Is this a case trust company?