Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chocolatechipmuffin

First Home: Project Reno

hi jessie!

yeah.. actually not only the toilets man... we planning to plaster the whole hse cuz it's the old kind of uneven walls.

hi hi,

saw the pix on your toilet ceiling....think is almost same as mine.....quite bad,....got concrete spalling,...so, got to hack and plaster smooth on the ceiling lor.

kekeke thank you thank you. yeah... i also hope so. :) getting my keys today!!! v.excited!!! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

walau ur strategy is good la

u go kaypoh also good

keep them on their toes

then they wun lua lai

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hey,

my hse toilets, kitchen & MBR also hv concrete spalling problem....and some water-marks or water moisture stains.

so, my contractor will be doing the hacking of the ceilings and re-do.

I'm also staying in Serangoon and have exactly the same layout as yours. I've shifted in Jan this year. I took a long time deciding where to place the TV in the living room in order not to compromise feng shui. Waiting eagerly to see where you will place yours.

Hi Jessie,

Yeah... we just checked again last wkend.. turns out our bedroom also has spalling problem.. 1 wall also got a long crack down the side!! :bangwall:

called hdb.. they gonna check on the wall tomorrow. hope its not anything too serious!

yup yup.. our ID also said tt it'll have to be hacked & re-plastered!

hey,

my hse toilets, kitchen & MBR also hv concrete spalling problem....and some water-marks or water moisture stains.

so, my contractor will be doing the hacking of the ceilings and re-do.

hi LSO!

oooh you must've gotten the hdb at a good price then!! which block are you at? mebbe we're neighbours! i'm at s'goon ave 3!

keke we not into fengshui so we will be putting our furniture wherever we want... will put up more pics soon!

I'm also staying in Serangoon and have exactly the same layout as yours. I've shifted in Jan this year. I took a long time deciding where to place the TV in the living room in order not to compromise feng shui. Waiting eagerly to see where you will place yours.

I'm also at Serangoon Ave 3, blk 233. Hmm... from your pictures, don't think we are that near.

I got this flat in Apr last year but HDB transaction only completed around July. Then the ex-owner shifted out only in October. By the time renovation completed, it was Jan this year. The price I got did not exceed $300k :notti:

Do post your ID design when it is ready.

me now even more excited

get keys liao

wait for quote

then very excited to start

but gota be slow

cos now 7th month

time to bargain with the contractor this week

i am right next to yangzheng sec school! kekeke

waaah... you got a v.good price man!!! wow. what a difference a year makes... :~:~:~

I'm also at Serangoon Ave 3, blk 233. Hmm... from your pictures, don't think we are that near.

I got this flat in Apr last year but HDB transaction only completed around July. Then the ex-owner shifted out only in October. By the time renovation completed, it was Jan this year. The price I got did not exceed $300k :notti:

Do post your ID design when it is ready.

yeah man! congrats on getting your keys smartfool! your furniture all looks v.nice too! can't wait to see what your reno will look like!!

me now even more excited

get keys liao

wait for quote

then very excited to start

but gota be slow

cos now 7th month

time to bargain with the contractor this week

some pics of our buys so far (all from barang barang):

sofa:

sofamq9.th.jpg

one seater:

oneseatzx0.th.jpg

shoe cabinet:

shoecabinetwt4.th.jpg

bedframe

cameo138yl4.th.jpg

yes yes definitely! :) fingers & toes crossed!!

yeah thanks

same to u 2

i will keep it posted on my blog here

hope in the end we will be happy with what we planned

some pics of our buys so far (all from barang barang):

sofa:

sofamq9.th.jpg

one seater:

oneseatzx0.th.jpg

shoe cabinet:

shoecabinetwt4.th.jpg

bedframe

cameo138yl4.th.jpg

yes yes definitely! :) fingers & toes crossed!!

wow like the furniture u have bought but barang barang things not cheap right? how much u bought them?

hi koopus!

we bought when it was on sale.. so most of the stuff was on 40%. must wait for sale! then can 'cheong'! keke

wow like the furniture u have bought but barang barang things not cheap right? how much u bought them?

hey guys!

thanks for the warm welcome!

hehe yeah- we're quite happy about the date we're getting our keys too! reaally excited!!! only a few days away!!!

hi aves!

yup- chosen an 'ID firm' already. We're going with * Interior Design. Our ID is called Mike. :D think there are not many pple who've used * on this forum, so you guys can probably get a glimpse of what their workmanship is like!

Hi!

have got a resale, and NW one of my shortlisted ID firm. Can pm your quote, and advices?

hi el23,

the total reno costs abt 37.5k.

includes:

- relevant permits

- hacking of all rooms & toilet floor tiles

- retiling & skirting of all toilets & rooms

- waterproofing for toilets & kitchen

- 29ft cabinetry in total (includes top & bottom)- hettich silent system + cutlery tray

- false ceiling for living & dining + cornices for rooms

- 10 ft wardrobe (non-sliding door)

- replacing of piping

- plastering of whle hse

- painting of whle hse walls & doors

- electical works

- glass sliding door for kitchen

- glass shower screen

- full height mirror for mbr

- hacking of wall & 'make good'

- construct new wall

- replace rubbish chute

- 3 ft solid surface vanity

- system 4 aircon (non inverter)

- change toilet bi-fold doors

- hood + hob

- sink & sink mixer

- storage heater

- 2 sets wc, wash basin, basin tap & bath mixer

we added some stuff after signing though (upgrading mixers & increasing electical pts etc), so we think the price might increase abit.

Hi!

have got a resale, and NW one of my shortlisted ID firm. Can pm your quote, and advices?

Serangoon is a nice neighbourhood, circle line and future shopping centre coming up. I used to stay at blk 323. :yamseng:

Edited by TYM