Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tazzi80

Chemical Or Normal Wash For Aircon

Hi all! I bought a resale flat and the house is undergoing renovation. Currently in the house is a LG system 5 that was left behind by the ex owner which I am going to keep. It has been used for around 5 years and I am thinking of servicing it once before moving in. Now I have a quote from my ID of $120 for chemical wash for each unit or $150 normal wash for 3 units.

I have tried turning on the aircon and noticed one of the aircon in a room is actually dripping water and the others are not really very cold. Just few queries I have for those more experience people here:

1. Is it neccessary to do servicing to the aircon? If so should I do a chemical wash or just normal wash?

2. Is the price quoted to me reasonable?

3. Any servicing companies that you can recommend me?

:dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

no worries..what i do for my LG unit for 2 bedrooms after moving in is I bought a spray to clean the coils for both units and for compressor outside. I dismantle the covering and fan and give it a good cleanup. fix back everything and spray the foam to the coils. once satisfied, on the unit and everything OK. Smell nice, coilc clean and no more dust. end result - satisfied but very tiring. but again 120$ for a chemical wash is cheap as I was quoted 200$.

Hi all! I bought a resale flat and the house is undergoing renovation. Currently in the house is a LG system 5 that was left behind by the ex owner which I am going to keep. It has been used for around 5 years and I am thinking of servicing it once before moving in. Now I have a quote from my ID of $120 for chemical wash for each unit or $150 normal wash for 3 units.

I have tried turning on the aircon and noticed one of the aircon in a room is actually dripping water and the others are not really very cold. Just few queries I have for those more experience people here:

1. Is it neccessary to do servicing to the aircon? If so should I do a chemical wash or just normal wash?

2. Is the price quoted to me reasonable?

3. Any servicing companies that you can recommend me?

:dunno:

I just did my chemical washing, they called it chemical flushing $80.00 per set. I Pm you their details.

Just to add a comment for the dripping part , it may due to the poor piping installation like my ex owner , no gradient slope for the pipe thus water cant flow away , this may be a good chance to ask your people to check it out

Just to add a comment for the dripping part , it may due to the poor piping installation like my ex owner , no gradient slope for the pipe thus water cant flow away , this may be a good chance to ask your people to check it out

Yea you are right.

Here are more reasons that lead to water leaking,

1) Installation of fan coil unit slanted to one side

2) The copper pipes insulation located below the aircon unit has wore off.

3) Sunlight shining directly on your aircon unit.

4) Your aircon is dirty!