Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sharino

Our First Home - First Renovations

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
even if it cost $3k also worth

your design or your contractor's?

really very nice :wub: :wub:

Initial idea by us but the layout of tiles and trimmings is by contractor :yamseng:

wah, new home and new year.

Shifting before Hari Raya? :)

Not really new as we had been staying there for about a year.

Temporarily staying at mum’s as the dust is bad our daughter. :sport-smiley-018:

definitely shifting before Hari Raya :help:

Hi, notice you used granite for your kitchen cabinet, must be quite expensive right?

Not sure whether its granite, I simply chose the tiles at whitehorse and the contractor do it up...

:dunno:

The kitchen cabinet carpenter has came to do measurements and quoted $2600 for top 13.5ft and for doors and drawers for the bottom bout 16ft. - ABS trimm and handleless

Carpenter is a friend of our contractor....chose black leather laminates for the bottom doors and drawers and red floral for top

Paid $1300 and now waiting for another week

Really have to agree that your girl is super cute!

You guys are really very patient with the painting... MMmM I intend to paint my own walls too but dun think i'm as patient. haha

Your daughter is very cute with those eyes! :)

Pinkpetter: Painting takes alot of time & patience but it is less time consuming to paint just 1 room actually compared to painting the whole hse.

I did the painting with my hubby for my current place in less than a week, super rushed also cos we had to move out of the previous place last time. Not to mention that we were having furniture coming in on our official shift day, so we'd only did the painting for the important areas first. The other spare rooms haven't paint yet since not really in a hurry to paint them.

Edited by BunBun

Your daughter is very cute with those eyes! :)

Pinkpetter: Painting takes alot of time & patience but it is less time consuming to paint just 1 room actually compared to painting the whole hse.

I did the painting with my hubby for my current place in less than a week, super rushed also cos we had to move out of the previous place last time. Not to mention that we were having furniture coming in on our official shift day, so we'd only did the painting for the important areas first. The other spare rooms haven't paint yet since not really in a hurry to paint them.

We did the painting slow and steady. I do agree that it takes lots of patience but I love painting. To me its stress reliever :paint:

But again if you think of all the money you can save by DIY then its a motivation factor for you to start. Imagine that you need to tell the painter the kind of patterns you want to be on the wall and if they did it wrong, what horror! :curse:

I will post my nursery room pics once I put all the furnitures together.

Hi how much does this kitchen cabinet cost? u using what to built up? u using what top surface?

Contractor charge me the floor and wall tiles for kitchen and I added $350 to the sum to get him to erect the

bottom structure of the cabinet using hollow blocks and tiled using granite effect tiles. Breakfast table tile with wood looking tile and the sides are coated with pebblewash stones along with the sides for the sink support

Top surface is the tiles at size 600x600cm

3d of our kitchen done by hubby....he lazy to do the toilet 3d....

Kitchen.jpg

will update pics on toilet with installed ariston storage heater and black coloured WC

Edited by sharino

Pics of my home from several angles....

Protective covering the flooring already removed

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

New storeroom door and frame

DSC00301.jpg

Edited by sharino