Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

love your placemats! can share where you got them, and are they awfully expensive?

I love these little home decor items :-)

Hi asianms...

If you take a look at my sister's posts...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=366495

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=366916

She got them from UK. They were not expensive but she had to carry them back all the way from London. I love decor items like these too! I think they were less than 10 pounds for a pack of 4.

I wanted to get the placemats from a shop at Raffles City but those were the thin plastic sort and cost $8 each! *faint* I even saw $52 placemats there. :P

These were the ones my sister really wanted to get but were too heavy. Moreover they were plain and our table was already black.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.901-1777.aspx

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey pinkpetter, you can ask them to check for you when is the shipment one. Sometimes it's reflected in their system one.

As for the placemat, it's pretty. I also saw 1 pack of 4 coasters selling at Molecule with similar Baroque designs which I like but the price is horrendous! $48! That means $12 per piece of coaster. My finance says it's more expensive then the can of beer he intend to use them on :P

Hey pinkpetter, you can ask them to check for you when is the shipment one. Sometimes it's reflected in their system one.

As for the placemat, it's pretty. I also saw 1 pack of 4 coasters selling at Molecule with similar Baroque designs which I like but the price is horrendous! $48! That means $12 per piece of coaster. My finance says it's more expensive then the can of beer he intend to use them on :P

Yup I emailed them yesterday... hope for a reply from them soon. Once they have I'll rush down to buy. haha I'm too lazy to hem up my own fabric. So I'll only do that if I don't have a choice.

YA placemats from places like that are SOOO expensive.. so my sister was quite happy when she saw these tempered glass ones on sale. :)

"If you take a look at my sister's posts..." didn't know u were sisters :P she's not as active in renotalk as you are

wah, carry back all the way from uk. so heavy. I bought cork placemats inlaid w eucalyptus leaves from Aus many years ago, very unique, but I kept worrying about how durable the varnish on the leaves is, so in the end became white elephant, cos too precious to use. Threw them out after 10 years of hording, cos realised I can't bear to use them in case the finish gets damaged! But I think glass is quite practical.

ilmare612, $12 a piece is quite worth it if you think how long you can use it; that is if you don't wish to constantly update the look. It's like Corelle plates, I'm still using the set I got as a wedding present more than 15 years ago. No choice, it refuses to biodegrade, so cannot throw out :(

"If you take a look at my sister's posts..." didn't know u were sisters :P she's not as active in renotalk as you are

wah, carry back all the way from uk. so heavy. I bought cork placemats inlaid w eucalyptus leaves from Aus many years ago, very unique, but I kept worrying about how durable the varnish on the leaves is, so in the end became white elephant, cos too precious to use. Threw them out after 10 years of hording, cos realised I can't bear to use them in case the finish gets damaged! But I think glass is quite practical.

ilmare612, $12 a piece is quite worth it if you think how long you can use it; that is if you don't wish to constantly update the look. It's like Corelle plates, I'm still using the set I got as a wedding present more than 15 years ago. No choice, it refuses to biodegrade, so cannot throw out :(

haha ya. She's always here reading but she doesn't really post. :) In fact she was the one who introduced me to renotalk. :)

wow cork placemats with eucalyptus leaves... that sounds so unique! They must have been pretty.

haha I know what you mean... "old one don't go out, new one cannot come in." :P

Hi asianms, I know what you mean but my fiance knows me well and he is not wrong. You can never trust women. We take most materialised things as shoes leh. Never one too many. So chances are, I see something better will happen and it will be replaced in no time. wahaha... That's how we end up with tons of things we dun use... :(

ya ya :dancingqueen: Walk away is my first solution. If I am still thinking about it after a couple of days/weeks...then it means I can consider buying. This will prevent a little bit of impulsive buying.

ya ya :dancingqueen: Walk away is my first solution. If I am still thinking about it after a couple of days/weeks...then it means I can consider buying. This will prevent a little bit of impulsive buying.

whahah :bangwall: just like me when I first saw this clock that I want for my room... I really wanted it but I walked away telling my friend that I want to look around first... and now I keep telling myself I'm not free to go and buy. :P

I usually succumb within 48 hours. The longest I've held off was 3 months, and that's for my XZQT dining table. At $1.5k, I was really trying to resist, but in the end... :P

I usually succumb within 48 hours. The longest I've held off was 3 months, and that's for my XZQT dining table. At $1.5k, I was really trying to resist, but in the end... :P

whoa but after 3 months of thinking then I think you have to get it. I would if I were you. 3 months is a really long time to hanker after something. haha :)

cool down pinkpetter! hehe..you are addicted to home reno and furnishing!

YES I think so too.......... *madness*

WAH I emailed Ikea over the panel curtains and they were quite efficient. They called me today regarding the items arriving this week...

The best part is...

there will only be 36 pieces arriving at Ikea Tampines.

36 PIECES?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! urgh.