Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
compustarsg

Help On Kitchen Solid Surface

Hi, anybody know how to calculate length for U shape Kitchen cabinet Solid Surface, say each

side is 10 ft length. My contractor charging me 30 ft. I guess it should be less may be

30ft - 2 * (width of the the work area). If anybody know can please help me, thanks.

kitchen.JPG

Edited by compustarsg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, anybody know how to calculate length for U shape Kitchen cabinet Solid Surface, say each

side is 10 ft length. My contractor charging me 30 ft. I guess it should be less may be

30ft - 2 * (width of the the work area). If anybody know can please help me, thanks.

kitchen.JPG

yup. it shuld be 30ft - 2*(depth of the cabinet itself) :sport-smiley-003:

kitchen.JPG

Should be simple, it's a matter of material used,

ask your contractor this

1) If you just do a long rectangular one, how many feet is that? (his answer will be 10 feet)

2) Then ask him if you add in the two legs of the U, how much total material is used? If he still say 2 x 10 feet, tell him he has failed his maths.

For example

30 ft x 2 ft = 60 ft square of material (if super long rectangular table)

If he can come up with 60ft square for the U shape, asked him to show you where all the material fit into, on top of each other??

Why don't you take the mean length? Imagine there is a line in the middle, so the length for the sides will be 9ft (10ft - 1ft (1/2 of the width)) each, the middle piece will be 8ft (10ft - 2ft (1/2 of the width from both sides)). That will be 26ft in total.

Edited by SYTan