Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Peacesom

"a Resort Style Themed Home In A Pasir Ris Executive Apartment Flat?" - All Suggestions Welcomed!

Hi Guys,

This looks like an excellent forum to seek opinions and get interesting ideas.

My partner and I just bought an Executive Apartment in Pasir Ris. Size about 1550 sq ft.

We are thinking of a Resort Style theme for our humble home. I was looking at quite a few Home&Decor magazines and found one ID firm's designs pretty good (www.cactusart.com.sg), especially the Buangkok Crescent design. Did anyone use them before or are they any good renovators, contractors, ID firms that you would recommend who are good in resort style themes?

Attached is the floor plan below with pics of of the house. We hope to renovate very soon and move in by End Nov 2008!~

We welcome your suggestions!

Cheers

Peacesom

EAHDBF-1.jpg

Floor Plan

Pic01-Viewofmainentrancefrominsideh.jpg

View of Main entrance

Pic02-ViewofHallfrommainentrance.jpg

View of Hall and Balcony from Main entrance (Notice the high ceiling, can build a loft there???)

Pic03-ViewofBalconyfromhall.jpg

Pic05-ViewofBalconyfromhall.jpg

View of Balcony

More pics...

Pic06-Viewofhallfrombalcony.jpg

View of Hall from Balcony (Notice the high ceiling - can build a loft there? =))

Pic07-Viewofwalkwaytoroomsfromhall.jpgView of walkway from middle of hall

Pic09-Viewofwalkwayfromentranceofwa.jpg

Close up view of walkway

Pic08-Viewofstudyroomfromhall.jpg

Studyroom

Pic10-viewofBedroom3.jpg

Bedroom 3

Pic11-viewofBedroom2.jpg

Bedroom 2

Pic13-ViewofMasterBedroom.jpg

Masterbed room

Pic14-ViewofMasterbedroomtoilet.jpg

Masterbed room toilet

Pic19-ViewofKitchenToilet.jpg

Kitchen toilet

Pic20-ViewofKitchenfromHall.jpg

view from outside kitchen (Notice the 2 entrances, we are thinking of Hacking this way down!)

Pic22-ViewofKitchen.jpgPic23-ViewofKitchen.jpg

The Run down kitchen

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
:sport-smiley-018: hi spam spam here...

love ur spacious nest :thumbs up:

Hi Applefreak and Rdnest,

THanks a million for your comments. Headache now :dancingqueen: trying to find ideas or IDs for resort style theme, any suggestions? :paint:

:help::help::help:

Cheers :P

Peacesom

THanks a million for your comments. Headache now :dancingqueen: trying to find ideas or IDs for resort style theme, any suggestions? :paint:

Peacesom

Hi Peacesom,

Your new home really spacious!!! No wonder u got headache over your ideas. :dancingqueen:

Maybe just share with you my I.D... We just did our house renovation with Kelvin from NuSpace Design Contact no. is 92256464. Reliable, responsive & full of creative ideas. :paint:

Will fix whatever problem you have. I have a pleasant working experience with him when I did my house renovation in June 08. He can do good job with a comfort time zone though. Just my 2 cents worth. :good:

Maybe you give him a call, see whether he can help you create and transform your existing house to a dream home of yours... :sport-smiley-018:

Cheers.... :drunk::drunk:

Hi Peacesom,

Your new home really spacious!!! No wonder u got headache over your ideas. :dancingqueen:

Maybe just share with you my I.D... We just did our house renovation with Kelvin from NuSpace Design Contact no. is 92256464. Reliable, responsive & full of creative ideas. :paint:

Will fix whatever problem you have. I have a pleasant working experience with him when I did my house renovation in June 08. He can do good job with a comfort time zone though. Just my 2 cents worth. :good:

Maybe you give him a call, see whether he can help you create and transform your existing house to a dream home of yours... :sport-smiley-018:

Thanks for the contact! Will give it a try... can you share more about reno details and pictures? thanks a bunch! :yamseng::good:

Hi Peacesom,

Hi MsPRTan,

I notice that your replies above seem to be the same as the one posted by Purplebird in the Singapore brides forum!

website: http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1217468782

"Just did my house renovation with Kelvin from NuSpace Design Contact no. is 92256464. Reliable and responsive. Will fix whatever problem you have. I have a pleasant working experience with him when I did my house renovation in August 07. He can do good job with a comfort time zone though. Just my 2 cents worth."

Are you one and the same person or are you Kelvin himself! Hahaha... 8|:furious:8|

Peacesom

resort theme is usually abt dark wood, white cotton, daybed... correct if i'm wrong... just MHO :)

mayb u should draft out ur budget but got to tell contractor/ID at least $5-10k less... (then can neg later mah. always got many extras to add on de :()

from there get quotes, compared among the offers, then see which coy got better design/idea, then start 'juicing' the price :P from my own experience, get basic reno with one ID, then get another offer for separate items, like half/full height mirror, kitchen glass door, electric wiring svc, carpentry, lightings, kitchen/bathroom accessories... compare liao then u will noe if ur ID earn alot or nt... if the difference u can accept, then let contractor/ID handle all

outsource, of course, this oso mean more work for u but e $$ saved is alot lor :P

depend on wat u prefer lah. save $$ or less effort required :)

when my ID brought us to shops for accessories shopping, me dont buy from the shops all.

as me oredi do some homework (compare prices), if the shops can offer better then me buy.

cos the ID sure got commission de mah, must b a win-win situation then me commit :D

super cheapo hor, but bo bian, on very tight budget :P

paisay, me too longwinded :unsure:

Hi, mine is a jumbo flat (2 3-rooms into 1), and it's also resort-theme. My designer, Vincent from Design and Art is really good. My color theme is very cosy and resort-y. Many who came to my place commented they love the colour scheme. Vincent has good "feel", so can call him at 90220600. Let him knw Emma recommended him in renotalk.com. He also helped us with lightings, and gave suggestions on furnishings and other stuffs, so, we love our house!

i don't have ID or contractor recommendation

but i think you can carve out the foyer area by laying hardwood flooring or slates

then have some plants and wooden benches

just like the way you enter those resort villa :notti:

check out zc31's t-blog for pictures of a villa he went to recently

your place is big enough to do something like that :dribble:

Hi Peacesom,

You seem doing your homework very detail and carefully, that's what a new home owner should do.

And i'm doing the same thing like you early this year before we got our keys. That why i also saw the post by "purpleird" on Singapore Brides Forum and give my I.D (kelvin) a try.

So i'm not "purplebird" nor kelvin. I just copied & paste on this forum since we're recommance the same person. Me lazy lor... hehe... :notti: So sorry ya... mislead you. 8|

Anyway, wish you all the best in finding the right person who can create your dream home

Cheers... :yamseng::yamseng::yamseng:

Regards,

Ms Tan

Spam Chop :dancingqueen:

Pasir Ris, your house got sea view?

About 3 meters worth, in between 2 blocks in front of me! :P

Hi, mine is a jumbo flat (2 3-rooms into 1), and it's also resort-theme. My designer, Vincent from Design and Art is really good. My color theme is very cosy and resort-y. Many who came to my place commented they love the colour scheme. Vincent has good "feel", so can call him at 90220600. Let him knw Emma recommended him in renotalk.com. He also helped us with lightings, and gave suggestions on furnishings and other stuffs, so, we love our house!

Hi Jukemax, tks for sharing. I got a call from a ERIC in DesignArt too, VERY enthusiastic call almost twice a day so far but always catch me in the middle of my busy moments! Haha... :dancingqueen:

Can you share some pics with me and how much did u budget and spent? Kam Xia X 100000

:yamseng:

Hi Peacesom,

You seem doing your homework very detail and carefully, that's what a new home owner should do.

And i'm doing the same thing like you early this year before we got our keys. That why i also saw the post by "purpleird" on Singapore Brides Forum and give my I.D (kelvin) a try.

So i'm not "purplebird" nor kelvin. I just copied & paste on this forum since we're recommance the same person. Me lazy lor... hehe... :notti: So sorry ya... mislead you. 8|

Anyway, wish you all the best in finding the right person who can create your dream home

Cheers... :yamseng::yamseng::yamseng:

Regards,

Ms Tan

No worries, thats what CTRL C and V are for! Tks for the recommendation! :sport-smiley-018:

resort theme is usually abt dark wood, white cotton, daybed... correct if i'm wrong... just MHO :)

mayb u should draft out ur budget but got to tell contractor/ID at least $5-10k less... (then can neg later mah. always got many extras to add on de :()

from there get quotes, compared among the offers, then see which coy got better design/idea, then start 'juicing' the price :P from my own experience, get basic reno with one ID, then get another offer for separate items, like half/full height mirror, kitchen glass door, electric wiring svc, carpentry, lightings, kitchen/bathroom accessories... compare liao then u will noe if ur ID earn alot or nt... if the difference u can accept, then let contractor/ID handle all

outsource, of course, this oso mean more work for u but e $$ saved is alot lor :P

depend on wat u prefer lah. save $$ or less effort required :)

when my ID brought us to shops for accessories shopping, me dont buy from the shops all.

as me oredi do some homework (compare prices), if the shops can offer better then me buy.

cos the ID sure got commission de mah, must b a win-win situation then me commit :D

super cheapo hor, but bo bian, on very tight budget :P

paisay, me too longwinded :unsure:

Tks for the advice, much appreciated.

banyan tree style is one of my favs.... but not Balinese... stayed at one resort last time in Bali called Bali Sani, scared my partner and me off! Windows like attap house need no keys to lock, only wooden lock... mirror facing a creaky bed, toilets hard to flush..... :bangwall::curse::bath: in the end changed hotel.