Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest our-home

We're getting our normal wooden doors from Goodwood Doors & Joinery Works (Toa Payoh Ind Park).

Think I saw louvred doors in their catalogue.

Can try checking with them.

Their workshop is downstairs, office upstairs.

Edited by our-home

Guest our-home
our home

can advise wat is the cost of 1 wooden door?

any pics to show?

thanks

Hi

We wanted the most basic wooden door, painted white (for fengshui reasons).

Contractor offered us "classic" doors, but even those have some sort of groove/design.

So we decided to source on our own.

One door (flushed, hollow core timber, painted white) + installation and painting/varnishing + standard lockset = $190.

But we want silver-coloured lever locksets - so add on $20 each for an inhouse brand. They have other range.

Also bought another 4 locksets to change existing ones on bedroom/yard doors.

No pics yet cos installation on Friday, 26th. Think you'll be disappointed cos no design - just painted white (to make my toilets disappear ...)

Considered bi-fold wooden door from Goodwood, but that costs $580. Maybe next time.

Guest our-home

Yep. That's their address. Better to call before going there cos it's a father/daughter team and they're sometimes out for appts.

I got the quotes over the phone with Sally. Very, very nice person. Quotes very competitive too cos I called other door companies in AMK and Sungei Kadut. That's why hubby and I decided to go there personally to see the samples and confirm our bathroom doors.

Also cos Toa Payoh near our current home, so more convenient.

In future if we have to change our bedroom doors, etc, will definitely go back to them.

I have Sally's mobile number, pm me if you need it.

Guest our-home
you say u paint yr door?Are u using nippon gloss paint or other source???

Not sure if you're referring to my posting, but yes, we had our doors painted instead of varnished when we ordered them.

It's ICI gloss paint, the same type that the painter used for the door frames, yard door & store doors.