Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Northwest Interior Nw

To be certain, I am a genuine client and forum contributor.

Shall be reporting facts.

Using Atlantic for my aircon, so far their workers have been prompt and responsive. Boss too have been replying in time mostly but she does seem extremely busy.

BUT - Not on time during the first day and cause me to miss them as their survey team and the installation team have been different as I had feared. They called me after seeing my writting on the wall and realise they hacked wrong path..!!

But all end well as they complete pipes and brackets as my plan of 2 days.

So waiting for blower and compressor installation after the rest of renoworks. Shall update>

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ha....he ID called Winstor Lim...

Sorry to put it this way, but it's sort of a blessing in disguise for you. Allow me to elaborate.

I engaged Winster from NW TraceHub21 for my condo late June before TOP, so no house for him to see. He started as a very enthusiastic person, promising that since we engage him early, he'll draw all the 3D drawings until we are satisfied.

First Red Light

But 2 weeks after signing contract and he never produced a single drawing. Called him and he said that he needed to know what is the color of the bedroom cupboards before he could come up with a design. OMG. A self proclaimed designer of many years experience tell me he needs to know the color of my bedroom cupboards that came with the condo before he can come up with the design of my living room? Excuses... After threatening to call Eddie (his boss), he asked us to come down to his office to view his drawings. There were so many mistakes and so any things inside our contract were not drawn in. Subsequent "requests" to see 3D drawings were equal nightmares. 2 weeks per minor change to 3D drawings!!! And he still got it wrong or never listened....

Second Red Light

A member of his family passed away in July, so we understand that he did not want to come and look at our apartment after we got the keys in early Aug. (still drawing drawings then!!!) After the "49 days" are over, he could join us to have a look, but he did not. He claims that he has seen similar units despite me reminding him that there are many different configurations for the same number of bedrooms. He did not take my advice and proceeded to propose his design for the false ceiling. When I saw his design, I questioned him on why his false ceiling wants to cover both my aircon outlets in the living room. He gave me the shock face and offered to change design immediately. He wants to carve two rectangle pockets for the aircon outlets. LOL. You call this a design!? Ended with us giving him a design for the false ceiling after he finally decided to come to our place for the first look in early Sep.

Third Red Light

Renovation works finally started in early Sep and many designs had to be done on the spot because his 3D drawings "could not come out in time". Everything was by gut feeling and sketches on pieces of paper. Sometimes we run out of paper and had to sketch on the junk mail!!! So pathetic.

Fourth Red Light

He claims he can complete all the works in 10 days, but we gave him the full 2 weeks of 14 days, plus an extra week to complete all the administration work. He did not come down to supervise the works at all. My wife was doing his supervising work almost all of the time. It was only when it was at Wednesday of the 3rd week that we feel he cannot finish all the works on time. In desperation, he called the painters, electricians and carpenter to come on the same day. Painter can't paint because electrical people still cutting walls for wires. Carpenter can't do wood works because painter painting ceiling and paint drip everywhere. The contractors ended up arguing with each other in our house!! I called him and he is in Malaysia and cannot come down. His solution was to call electricians and carpenters to leave, despite him going to be late. Our furniture is coming on Monday and he has to finish. Complained to Eddie because he could not finish the works by Monday afternoon.

Fifth Red Light

Finally completed all the works at end of Sep. Still got a few things to wrap up and we waiting patiently. He took some photographs to show his boss the works he did for us. I am happily arranging furniture in my master bedroom and received a call from him about a week after bulk items completed that he needs to rearrange the position of the power socket in my MBR. I cannot imagine the drilling that is going to happen with my furniture inside and my floor varnished. WTF... He took pictures and only after a week did he realize got problem!? He was not there to do any correction to the workers, plus he gave the wrong measurements to the workers.

Final Red Light

I let him go ahead with the new drilling plan, since he feels so strongly that there is a need to change. But he did not describe what is to be changed and change to where. Yesterday he gave me a call to ask if electrician can come up at late afternoon to do the relocation. So last minute. I entertain him and travel from old house (at north eastern end) to new house (at jurong west). He only sent the electrician there and did not turn up. Call him and he ask me pass phone to electrician where he describe where to shift the socket. Electrician ask me if I understood what needs to be changed. OMG... the FxxKER wants to remote control over the phone again and expect me to do the supervising work. I gave a no go for the drilling.

I speed down to * @ TradeHub 21 and blasted at Eddie (for a second time). He immediately called Winster and addressed him as "tua peh kong", just sit one corner and collect offerings. I wanted to laugh, but I am here to bang table. Outcome is that we switch to another designer. Some internal disciplinary action was conducted against Winster.

Update again if the new designer is able to deliver up to expectations.

Hmm, I think if we want the ID to really supervise, it has not happened with mine too. He had however been up at my place when there are details needing him to be on site and he write them down on the walls for the hacking, tilings. I too had to ask the tiler to put the new wall to a slightly different dimensions than the ID had told them...

A wall concealed drain pipe is still not fixed and also waiting for Town Gas to repair a damaged pipe during hacking, supposedly this coming week.

3D, I did not see it until after the completion of hacking almost 10days after start of reno. We started reno with a basic layout design. No 3Ds.

I will have to say, their 3D drawings are not proportionate. As I had the vision and concept of what I wanted, it was easy to spot the failure of their artists to put into their 3D drawings to proportionate scale. Although the argument that it is not an architect drawing, it should still have a good proportion in zooming out and zooming in. The 2 positon visualization points in 3D drawings do get out of proportion. But care is needed to ensure basic dimension of the "main flat feature" should be correct and the sides get zoomed out proportionately.. from a perspective position.

Sorry for the comments to my ID but the conceptualisation is quite off I told him this is not a proper 3D drawing, totally out of proportion. His face turned colour. But as he went on from drawings to drawings that when he came to the feature wall - then he too realise somewhat that the proportion is too out to discuss on the drawings. The wall and tv console are quite out of proportion to each other...Haha..

I am not sure how accurate other ID firms have for their 3D presentations. I always feel these are feel good with colours and layout - but mine is not to scale proportion - merely concept to fit in the choosing of laminates.

Have been really busy and no time to update here or T Blog.

Tiling, conceal piping done. Electrical partly done. Parquet laid waiting for sanding and varnish.

False ceiling this week.

So far there has been a slight delay of about 1 week as the plumber guy was sick so held up the tiling. But other than first week hickup, so far so good.

Sorry to put it this way, but it's sort of a blessing in disguise for you. Allow me to elaborate.

I engaged Winster from NW TraceHub21 for my condo late June before TOP, so no house for him to see. He started as a very enthusiastic person, promising that since we engage him early, he'll draw all the 3D drawings until we are satisfied.

First Red Light

But 2 weeks after signing contract and he never produced a single drawing. Called him and he said that he needed to know what is the color of the bedroom cupboards before he could come up with a design. OMG. A self proclaimed designer of many years experience tell me he needs to know the color of my bedroom cupboards that came with the condo before he can come up with the design of my living room? Excuses... After threatening to call Eddie (his boss), he asked us to come down to his office to view his drawings. There were so many mistakes and so any things inside our contract were not drawn in. Subsequent "requests" to see 3D drawings were equal nightmares. 2 weeks per minor change to 3D drawings!!! And he still got it wrong or never listened....

Second Red Light

A member of his family passed away in July, so we understand that he did not want to come and look at our apartment after we got the keys in early Aug. (still drawing drawings then!!!) After the "49 days" are over, he could join us to have a look, but he did not. He claims that he has seen similar units despite me reminding him that there are many different configurations for the same number of bedrooms. He did not take my advice and proceeded to propose his design for the false ceiling. When I saw his design, I questioned him on why his false ceiling wants to cover both my aircon outlets in the living room. He gave me the shock face and offered to change design immediately. He wants to carve two rectangle pockets for the aircon outlets. LOL. You call this a design!? Ended with us giving him a design for the false ceiling after he finally decided to come to our place for the first look in early Sep.

Third Red Light

Renovation works finally started in early Sep and many designs had to be done on the spot because his 3D drawings "could not come out in time". Everything was by gut feeling and sketches on pieces of paper. Sometimes we run out of paper and had to sketch on the junk mail!!! So pathetic.

Fourth Red Light

He claims he can complete all the works in 10 days, but we gave him the full 2 weeks of 14 days, plus an extra week to complete all the administration work. He did not come down to supervise the works at all. My wife was doing his supervising work almost all of the time. It was only when it was at Wednesday of the 3rd week that we feel he cannot finish all the works on time. In desperation, he called the painters, electricians and carpenter to come on the same day. Painter can't paint because electrical people still cutting walls for wires. Carpenter can't do wood works because painter painting ceiling and paint drip everywhere. The contractors ended up arguing with each other in our house!! I called him and he is in Malaysia and cannot come down. His solution was to call electricians and carpenters to leave, despite him going to be late. Our furniture is coming on Monday and he has to finish. Complained to Eddie because he could not finish the works by Monday afternoon.

Fifth Red Light

Finally completed all the works at end of Sep. Still got a few things to wrap up and we waiting patiently. He took some photographs to show his boss the works he did for us. I am happily arranging furniture in my master bedroom and received a call from him about a week after bulk items completed that he needs to rearrange the position of the power socket in my MBR. I cannot imagine the drilling that is going to happen with my furniture inside and my floor varnished. WTF... He took pictures and only after a week did he realize got problem!? He was not there to do any correction to the workers, plus he gave the wrong measurements to the workers.

Final Red Light

I let him go ahead with the new drilling plan, since he feels so strongly that there is a need to change. But he did not describe what is to be changed and change to where. Yesterday he gave me a call to ask if electrician can come up at late afternoon to do the relocation. So last minute. I entertain him and travel from old house (at north eastern end) to new house (at jurong west). He only sent the electrician there and did not turn up. Call him and he ask me pass phone to electrician where he describe where to shift the socket. Electrician ask me if I understood what needs to be changed. OMG... the FxxKER wants to remote control over the phone again and expect me to do the supervising work. I gave a no go for the drilling.

I speed down to * @ TradeHub 21 and blasted at Eddie (for a second time). He immediately called Winster and addressed him as "tua peh kong", just sit one corner and collect offerings. I wanted to laugh, but I am here to bang table. Outcome is that we switch to another designer. Some internal disciplinary action was conducted against Winster.

Update again if the new designer is able to deliver up to expectations.

Woww....baobiao...realli feel sorry for u...it's really a blessing that we didn't get him....hubby was still hoping we can closed deal with him becos when we find him back when we r ready for reno....he very 'on the ball'....he immed arrange for carpenter to go down with him the following wk to check out our place....very impressed!!! :o

after site survey...ha...no smoke no smell...text him a few times....request to look @ drawing...keep promissing but cannot produce...till 3wks ltr...we really give up and go n hunt for others....

anyway...urs shld be done liao, right? any photos to share?

Baobiao,

So many red lights! really feel sorry for you. Sometimes it really Sh!ty that we have to pay and go through so much. I saw their work in a magazine and decided to see feedback in here. It seems really bad. I shall pass this firm for my reno. Hope your reno work going smooth after the "blast" at the office.

Whew, looks like I am still quite lucky.

Have been very busy and did not update my t-blog.

The work has been smooth so far for me. I have some differences in ideas on the way the partion and ceilings turn out and my ID was able to adapt and came up with solutions that worked for me. THe place is beginning to take the form even though still in a mess. Furniture measurements are done and waiting for the installation within the next 1-2 weeks.

Then will get the aircon to come in to install blowers once the electrician come in to fix up the switches.

Carpentry stuff was sent to my apartment and only saw it in the evening without lights. Something looks wrong!!!!

Call my designer and will have him in to verify. My very small kitchen will have very small cabinets with very large "BONE Structures to hold VERY HEAVY ITEMS". Very different from what I have asked and no corner folding doors at the corner cabinets top and bottom. Instead dead end boxes with strange upper and lower doors. Like splitting a 2 ft section into 2 cabinets structure with a central large 4 to 5 cm bone due to 2 stuctures joining. What a design. As if MY CABINET is a full 4ft 1.2m long type needing reinforcement.

Seems ID and carpenter totally wrong key.

Will see what he say after meeting him on site today.

Shall update.

Previous day Meeting with ID, the carpenter boss and workers. They agreed to take down the kitchen cabinets and redo the sections in question. Quite reasonably solved. Other cabinets are ok as far as I can see.

This morning went up to see, and they have removed the sections in the kitchen as discussed one section replaced and look much better now. Living, bedrooms more or less completed. Progressing quite well as glass works have started coming in too. My ID is earnestly trying to get everything done up within the deadline.

The team of carpenters replaced the wrongly designed kitchen cabinets in question and it looked much better. Both Carpenter boss and ID, thumbs up to them for correcting the design. People make mistakes, just admit it, correct and move on.

Edited by ed7000

those young ppl who working inside never ever been in this line, part of this ALL MALAYSIANS in the age of twenties doing sales talk like doing direct sales....sales talk considered professional however in terms of techincal wise ..considered inexperience, lack of sense of responsible , either blame or push the mistakes to the suppliers /sub-cons...imaging who is helping them to take care the matter.....worked with them before, i can expressed my feeling,HEADACHE....so called promotion package ...do you guys think that it's really worth for it...if comparison with other renovation firms at Tradehub 21 or IMM, their quotation considered the chepest with the the quality considered....what do u think........

always remember GOOD THING NOT SO CHEAP, CHEAP THING NOT SO GOOD............

IF YOU considered a wise ppl, pretty sure that u will see the difference............

I have been to NW after seeing their advertisment in the papers. Although the ID serving us was very polite and noy pushy, i must say that i am very disappointed that all their advertisted 'Free Gifts' are actually still charged to the customers! Think it reflects very badly on the company to mislead customers in this way. For me, I'm definitely not signing up with them as i can't tolerate this kind of behaviour...

I have been to NW after seeing their advertisment in the papers. Although the ID serving us was very polite and noy pushy, i must say that i am very disappointed that all their advertisted 'Free Gifts' are actually still charged to the customers! Think it reflects very badly on the company to mislead customers in this way. For me, I'm definitely not signing up with them as i can't tolerate this kind of behaviour...

We signed up with them last 2007.. as per our experience, their quotation looks cheap at first but once you sign -up, all hidden costs will resurface! Our sales person that time was Sylvia Ho and his boss named Eddie.. It was really a headache working with them and such a nightmare as per our first experience in owning a house...

I hope prospective clients for this firm will really do research on them first before signing up.. goodluck for those who trust NW.. I have a new place and I definitely won't get NW... now i also sourcing for a good renovator.. so sad, i can't find a good genuine comment in this portal..

Some how, I must be one of the luckier ones. As my reno is almost finish. Has been some hiccups but resolved well by ID. Will wait to see if any hidden costs pop up at final payment and handing over.

Edited by ed7000

Some how, I must be one of the luckier ones. As my reno is almost finish. Has been some hiccups but resolved well by ID. Will wait to see if any hidden costs pop up at final payment and handing over.

Hi ed7000, do u mind sharing the pics of the carpentry and false ceiling/ L box works?

I couldn't find ur blog leh.

I'm considering NW for the past 1 week (not the same ID as yours), but after seeing all these negative comments, I feel so lost.

BTW, where is ur new love nest huh? How I wish I can go n take a look....

My new unit is at Jurong.

Hear from u soon my fren!