Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hakumama

Vacuum Cleaner

Hi guys? any recommendations for vacuum cleaners?

Looking for bagless with hepa filter output. It seems philips and dyson or electrolux have such models.

dyso is more expensive, wanna know of the suckingpower is worth it or th other 2 brands are comparable.

Dyson is grandfather of cylone technology, but dunno suction power.

electrolux has cylone technology, but dunno power compared to dyson'sbase model.

philips has no mention of cyclone technology, but rather a self cleaning technology.

Samsung has cyone technology too..360 sucktion power.Has hepa models

LG aslso has the same bagless and hepa. Have cyclone.. no spec on Hepa filter

What bagless vacuum cleaners are you guys using?:unsure:

Want a bang for buck with certain quality...

Seems like samsung or Electrolux. Dyson is premium. philips has no cylone action and is out and LG is unknown..

Edited by hakumama

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am using Philip FC8734. Very satisfied with its performance.

- The bucket is easily removable to empty.

- The wire is long enough for me to vacuum my entire 5-rm flat with one change of plug position.

- The "head" of the vacuum cleaner is smaller enough to went in between my dining chair legs.

- It is relatively light weight.

- Most importantly, the suction power is sufficient to pick up dust and hairs from the ground.

I am using Philip FC8734. Very satisfied with its performance.

- The bucket is easily removable to empty.

- The wire is long enough for me to vacuum my entire 5-rm flat with one change of plug position.

- The "head" of the vacuum cleaner is smaller enough to went in between my dining chair legs.

- It is relatively light weight.

- Most importantly, the suction power is sufficient to pick up dust and hairs from the ground.

thanks.. what was the price?

What type of floor are you having? Marble, parquet, timber strips are more easily scratched by certain vacuum head design. Don't ignore this in your purchasing consideration.

Most house wife compliant about bad suction on their bagless vacuum cleaner after a while.

This is because they fail to clean/wash the first and second filters in their vacuum cleaner.

First filter - takes care of the coarse dirt

Second filter - takes care of the fine dust

Knocking the 2nd filter on a solid surface helps to dislodge the dust in the filter

Most house wife compliant about bad suction on their bagless vacuum cleaner after a while.

This is because they fail to clean/wash the first and second filters in their vacuum cleaner.

First filter - takes care of the coarse dirt

Second filter - takes care of the fine dust

[/quote

Philips bagless vacuums are made in china with flimsy parts.The better ones are dyson,but they are now made in malaysia. Bagless vacuums are a chore to me.The bin spills dust and the filters must be cleaned always.I'd rather get a bagged cleaner.However get one where the bags will be available for purchase easily.I used to have a sanyo now cannot find the bags.Anyway if u r allergic,try to avoid bagless,it will not help ur allergies,even dyson,although they claimed to compressed the dust.After experimentation,it still spills.Electrolux built better bagged vacs than bagless.If u dun mind the price and weight,u can try the rainbow water-based vac.They have gd suction and the dirt are trapped in water.But as I said,they are heavy,noisy and ex!($3k)

Another choice will be Miele!I have the washer that lasts 20yrs.Even the vac claimed to last that long.Every parts are made in Germany,and their hose are crush-proof!Serious,I tried it in best denki and I cant break it even when I pulled hard with all my might.The motor are tested continuoslly for 100o hrs,so they wun overheat.The cords are wind and rewind for 10000 times to prevent mishandling.Best of all, it is certified as the only vacuum with true hepa filtration in the market as with their hepa filter,it is the only vac that is certified 100% seal proof! That means there is not 1 part in the vac where the dust will escape.Yes it used a bag,but its not paper,but a 9 layer cheese cloth that trapped even the finest dust,as well as broken glasses and nails.It cant be torn easily.Alot of ppl will think its hard to get the bags as last I checked they dun sell in supermarkets but only at best denki,harvey norman and their showroom.However they guarantee that 20yrs later,u still can get the bags.Unlike sanyo,..Checked out this website they show how a miele compares with other brands..

www.killdirt.com

By the way if u are measuring suction,u can never measure them based on placing ur hand at the suction nozzle.Suction depends on airflow,built structure on the vac,the floorheads,the hose the telescopic tube all combined together determines the suction.In another words I can give u a lousy vac but with a large suction nozzle and u will be misled ionto thinking that the vac has a strong suction.Philips vac they have a description on the vac that showed the airwatts at the head,its 500watts for the most powerful,but it is measured using their own equipment and type of environment,meaning the airwatts figure are not regulated.Thats y u wun see this figure printed on the dyson,miele or rainbow vac.The correct measurement is CFM(cubic feet of air per min that goes through the floorhead.) But unfortunately there is not a standard equipment to measure them.However vacs made recently are already 2 times stronger than how they were made 10yrs back.I remember my old vac only 1200w power but they were really strong.But the ironic part is,Y do apparently stronger vacs failed to pick dust up properly.That brings the question to the built of the machine,design,and airflow!!Choose them properly,dun just listen to the sales ppl at the shops!

Edited by lapena

i got a dyson. good and efficient. easy to clean too. dyson origin

great for u!if u have friends want to buy my 2nd hand dyson,can pm me?still under warranty,bought in august this yr,less than 5 times..gd condition.

I've got Philips FC9228. Bought 2 yr ago from Hardly Normal (Harvey Norman). Abt 540-580.

Comes with very very strong sucking power, enough to suck a bowling ball up and up. Autocleaning mech to grind dust. Comes with HEPA filter. Remote function to adjust the suction power. Power rating at 2000w. Cleaning the dust pan abt 6 months once. HEPA filter, havent change yet even after 2 yrs of use.

- Looooong power cords which allows me to drag the feller around the house.

- Adjust the suction is easy with my thumbs

- The arms are easy extendable

- The various types of plastic nozzles are mounted on the handle, allowing easy to change

- When storing the vacuum, the handle and nozzles can be easily mount on the back of cleaner

- Can suck every thing at home - dust, insects, coins, screws, toys, plastics...

- Can withstand vacuum stress and punishments 8|

- Dont need frequent cleaning of dust pans.

- Small in size (compared to my last vacuum)

Complaints

- Brushes on the nozzles falls off.

- Heat from the back of the cleaner

Other this, i am happy with this vacuum cleaner. Good buy.'

Edited by Red

I've got Philips FC9228. Bought 2 yr ago from Hardly Normal (Harvey Norman). Abt 540-580.

Comes with very very strong sucking power, enough to suck a bowling ball up and up. Autocleaning mech to grind dust. Comes with HEPA filter. Remote function to adjust the suction power. Power rating at 2000w. Cleaning the dust pan abt 6 months once. HEPA filter, havent change yet even after 2 yrs of use.

- Looooong power cords which allows me to drag the feller around the house.

- Adjust the suction is easy with my thumbs

- The arms are easy extendable

- The various types of plastic nozzles are mounted on the handle, allowing easy to change

- When storing the vacuum, the handle and nozzles can be easily mount on the back of cleaner

- Can suck every thing at home - dust, insects, coins, screws, toys, plastics...

- Can withstand vacuum stress and punishments 8|

- Dont need frequent cleaning of dust pans.

- Small in size (compared to my last vacuum)

Complaints

- Brushes on the nozzles falls off.

- Heat from the back of the cleaner

Other this, i am happy with this vacuum cleaner. Good buy.'

That is a bagless model,black in colour.If I'm not wrong.Another plus is that it comes with 2 yr warranty.But I think u r not someone who has allergy problems,thats y u have not change the hepa filter.The hepa lining is fine,meant to trapped fine dust.If u dun change the air will be harmful for allegic or asthmatic persons.Moreover Philips hepa filter is not really a certified type,although the rating is hepa 13.If its great for u,congrats!But I would not recommend it to people with allergies..

I m currently using the OSIM iEcologi water system vacuum.

Mopping and Sweeping can be ignored when u use the iEcologi. It uses hot steaming function to eliminate the dust mites and stains. I really feel the air freshness and cleanliness of my place after using it.

Down side: The weight of the handles and effort in maintaining the machine.

Edited by morgulboy

I m currently using the OSIM iEcologi water system vacuum.

Mopping and Sweeping can be ignored when u use the iEcologi. It uses hot steaming function to eliminate the dust mites and stains. I really feel the air freshness and cleanliness of my place after using it.

Down side: The weight of the handles and effort in maintaining the machine.

The mode4l is a OEM from an italian company as osim dun make its own vac.It is gd for a 3-in 1.steam,vacuums ,mops.But since its water-based it has to be big.But I dun think u will use it for long,becos maintenance its a chore,n ya,its huge n heavy.I have feedbacks it is a machine that will stay in the storeroom more than u will use it,based on the difficulty in maintenance.By the way,nobody uses it outside of asia.!

The mode4l is a OEM from an italian company as osim dun make its own vac.It is gd for a 3-in 1.steam,vacuums ,mops.But since its water-based it has to be big.But I dun think u will use it for long,becos maintenance its a chore,n ya,its huge n heavy.I have feedbacks it is a machine that will stay in the storeroom more than u will use it,based on the difficulty in maintenance.By the way,nobody uses it outside of asia.!

I hope u r not right about me, I have been using it weekly for months now. Maybe I m a guy, the weight dont set me back. I think its good for me as I dont have to sweep and vacuum. Yes the maintenance a bit troublesome as u have to remove the filter and wash.

For cleanliness freak, this machine is awesome.

I hope u r not right about me, I have been using it weekly for months now. Maybe I m a guy, the weight dont set me back. I think its good for me as I dont have to sweep and vacuum. Yes the maintenance a bit troublesome as u have to remove the filter and wash.

For cleanliness freak, this machine is awesome.

Haha thats great for u.Wow ur wife must b impressed.I hate maintenance,so i dun buy that when it was offered to me.I used a karcher steamer for the sofa n chairs n a small miele vac instead as the lady wants a small machine.