Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
priyalok

False Ceiling With Cove Lights - Flourescent Tube Or Energy Saving Bulbs

I am intending to use 4ft flourescent tube to put it at my living hall. Cause, my living hall got false ceiling and the false ceiling I never tear it and re-make (save cost). I just repainted it over.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally I used normal 4 ft warm light for my cove lighting.

I have false ceiling on one side of the wall only, for my all rooms.

Living room is with 4 tubes. MBR with 3 tubes. All other rooms with 2 tubes. All bright enough.

Just to share that I was told to take note that if one is asking for a 1 feet and a 3 feet T5 tubes, they may not share the same colour tone (even if both are warm lights) cause certain tube manufacturers do not have certain sizes.

Just to share that I was told to take note that if one is asking for a 1 feet and a 3 feet T5 tubes, they may not share the same colour tone (even if both are warm lights) cause certain tube manufacturers do not have certain sizes.

shld be no problem..osram has 1,2,3,4..I am using osram..

or probably you can consider using 4 ft combination with 1 or 2ft??

Hmmm....

There are energy saving T5 tubes, there is one company i know of carrying such a product. it is supposed to have the same level of lux as a T8 but half the consumption and there is a warranty period.

One idea is that maybe u can get your contractor to place, small flat mirrors in the cove to throw the lightings maybe it will help to minmise the number of actual light u need to place in. Direct lighting from the light itself and diffused lighting from the mirror should be able to throw a general amount of light around.

Finally I used normal 4 ft warm light for my cove lighting.

I have false ceiling on one side of the wall only, for my all rooms.

Living room is with 4 tubes. MBR with 3 tubes. All other rooms with 2 tubes. All bright enough.

no downlights at all?

how man t5/t8 do I need for a 5m stretch of cove light? 3 tubes enough?

I read that some peoply pair 2 tubes for 1 spot, is it necessary?

Thanks

You can consider LED tubes or strips for cove lightings with false ceilings. They are costly but can save a lot of maintenance work compared to fluorescent tubes. PM me if you are interested.

can somebody show me a picture of the t5 light with mounting? how much does this cost? i intend to get it from malaysia and bring it in but need to see how it looks like...

can somebody show me a picture of the t5 light with mounting? how much does this cost? i intend to get it from malaysia and bring it in but need to see how it looks like...

Here you go.

t5.jpg

You can consider LED tubes or strips for cove lightings with false ceilings. They are costly but can save a lot of maintenance work compared to fluorescent tubes. PM me if you are interested.

I'm keen in the LED tubes.

Do you have pictures and the pricing for it?

Thanks