Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bswpy

Doors

Hi all

Any ideas and suggestions which to use regardless of toilet or yard entrance.

Costs advice would be nice.

Original plan was wooden frame with full glass for yard and glass sliding for toilet. Comments please.

What about PD Doors? Any advice?

Cheers

Edited by bswpy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Cost: wood > PD > alum

If don't think abt cost, I prefer Bi-fold to PD, coz need one less action to open the door. Bi-fold just push the centre, the door will open. PD is a fancy thing.

not advisable to use wood... (have alot of maintenance problems one!")

yard entrance--- aluminium swing door (glass infill)

bathroom--- Aluminium bifold($) or aluminium pd door($$)

not advisable to use wood... (have alot of maintenance problems one!")

yard entrance--- aluminium swing door (glass infill)

bathroom--- Aluminium bifold($) or aluminium pd door($$)

Thanks for the tips.

What are the various maintenance probs aer we looking at? I can only think of 2; moisture and termites.

I agree that PD Doors are a tad fancy but the $$$ between the alum and PD are relatively the same, about $50 difference.

I personally prefer the PD cos no track on the base, especically as you might trip over or step on it also quite painful as well. Price wise of course PD door is slightly more expensive than the aluminium bi-fold door.

I personally prefer the PD cos no track on the base, especically as you might trip over or step on it also quite painful as well. Price wise of course PD door is slightly more expensive than the aluminium bi-fold door.

There are different types of Alu Bi-fold doors. It can even have without bottom track.

Really, so far have not see it. Can you enlighten me or give me the lobang for it. Thanks in advance.

just ask for top-hung bi-fold door from any supplier, they will know.

Thanks for info.

Hi all! Thank you all for the suggestions and ideas. The reno is completed. It already been day 4, and we have already had friends and family over. The place's still in a mess as there is much cleaning and unpacking to be done. There is quite a hand full of touch ups to be done and also our wardrobe is not completed yet, but otherwise, it is beautiful! Willl try and upload pics when time permits.

Cheers!

Edited by bswpy