Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chang

Sing Solid Surface

Hi All,

My ID suggests using 3S (Sing Solid Surface) for my kitchen top. According to him, quality wise, it is the same as Cresto, but has nicer colours.

I can't seem to find any info on this brand. Hope to know if anyone uses it. Thanks.

Chang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If he quote u abt <$65pfr for 3S, then is ok... But beware of 3S's worksmanship, 50% got problem. They r cheaper due to cheaper labour... Compare to 3S, Cresto will be a better choice... If u like the colours in 3S, maybe can ask Cresto to buy the material from 3S...

(actually brands is only the company's name. Its jus the matter of wheres the origins of their matrerial... can be China, Malaysia, Indonesia etc... These companys import or buy from local solid surface sheets distributors, made the sheets they bought into catalogues, rent a factory for fabrications by employing mainly Banglahs, only Malaysians n locals as drivers cum installers... Therefore material wise is rarely the prob, most probs came from worksmanships...)

Edited by de_Pierre

Thanks de_pierre. We do prefer the colours of 3S.

What kind of workmanship problems would i be expecting if I get it from 3S?

My ID charged me 75 per foot run. Is it a common practice to get one company to buy from another. Wonder if my ID would agree to do that.

which range of LG did you get?

my sil got LG high-mac for 120 per foot run.

what's the ave cost of cresto? i am thinking of changing to cresto after what de-pierre said.

Thanks de_pierre. We do prefer the colours of 3S.

What kind of workmanship problems would i be expecting if I get it from 3S?

My ID charged me 75 per foot run. Is it a common practice to get one company to buy from another. Wonder if my ID would agree to do that.

Their polishing standard is low, can see lots blur blur patches on surface... Their joining lines r visible to me, means their in house fabricators not up to standard... I learnt it through my experiences...

Its not common practice to get material from others.. But i practice it alot... ^^ Bcs i trust my own solid surface fabricator more... :notti:

If u wanna change to Cresto wif ur $75pfr, its quite reasonable for u to switch...

Edited by de_Pierre

my contractor quoted $70+ pfr for Cresto as well..

sometimes cheap is really not good..

Only contractors can quote u tis price...

e.g.

Contractor buys product A from supplier = $x

ID firm buys product A from supplier = [$x + (y% more)]

Suppliers sell Product A more expensive to ID's bcs of the y% tad the firm wans for rebates for their company as funds... Tis is the usual practice for most ID firms as to substain their overheads...

Not only solid surfacings, might apply to every fields...

(ps. All fellow renovators who had seen tis, pls pardon me for being frank here ar...)

Huh I dun understand.. I was quoted $100+ pfr on solid surfaces.. lousiest was (some weird name) $105 then Corian was $135 (promotional price)

mmm but the rest of the contractor's items were quite cheap

Edited by pinkpetter

Huh I dun understand.. I was quoted $100+ pfr on solid surfaces.. lousiest was (some weird name) $105 then Corian was $135 (promotional price)

mmm but the rest of the contractor's items were quite cheap

wow, u getting keys on 21 nov and wan to complete b4 christmas???

Time frame only 1 mth wor... It might gonna be a "high price" for u wor...

Still got hack here hack there, better dun be too rush...

Things might turn out bad....

hahaha HEY you're suppose to tell me about my solid surface!! :P

if you really take a look.. not much hacking involved. the entire flooring goes and it's a one shot thing. they have to finish in 3 days ma that's regulation. Then I'm not doing toilets... just tiling of the house and the kitchen and the cabinets le. :) the rest are mostly DIY. I'm hoping for Christmas but wun hound the Contractor about it :)

Saw a display kitchen cabinet in one bathroom/kitchen accessory shop, the solid top looked very awful with all the scratched lines. Now i am thinking of doing granite top, any advice on whether granite top is harder to maintain than solid top - which my ID claimed. He said u can polish solid top some years down the line but u can't do it for granite top, and if ur granite top chips, die, but solid top chips, can mend.

hahaha HEY you're suppose to tell me about my solid surface!! :P

if you really take a look.. not much hacking involved. the entire flooring goes and it's a one shot thing. they have to finish in 3 days ma that's regulation. Then I'm not doing toilets... just tiling of the house and the kitchen and the cabinets le. :) the rest are mostly DIY. I'm hoping for Christmas but wun hound the Contractor about it :)

I was quoted $100+ pfr on solid surfaces.. lousiest was (some weird name) U never mention the brand leh... How can i give u advice? :(

Which solid surface brand is better? Imperial or Cresto?

I don't know about Imperial, but a friend had cresto solid top installed 2 months ago. According to her it is very hard to maintain, scratches and stains easily.

I had granite done at about $90 per foot run - worth every cent of it, stains (hardly) are easily removed, no problem with heat, no scratches.