Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iAm4Free

Purchase & Installation Of Ceiling Fans

Hi All,

I would like to purchase 4 Ceiling Fans for my 5 Room Flat. 3 for the Bedrooms & 1 for the Hall.

Would like to know where they would be available. Looking for a plain simple white fan. Not the ones which are too decorative.

Also the flat right now does not have a mount where I can hang them? Would I have to call the Electrician to put the Hook on the roof or should I call the Contractor to do the job?

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi All,

I would like to purchase 4 Ceiling Fans for my 5 Room Flat. 3 for the Bedrooms & 1 for the Hall.

Would like to know where they would be available. Looking for a plain simple white fan. Not the ones which are too decorative.

Also the flat right now does not have a mount where I can hang them? Would I have to call the Electrician to put the Hook on the roof or should I call the Contractor to do the job?

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

Hi iAm4Free,

Most electrical Lighting or Ligthing shops offer these service for installation at a fee if you buy from them. usually your main con may charge u more... u have to finD out N compare the price between the 2.

For ceiling Direct mount, the fee is standard i think its about $35. if you have false ceiling and requires more work such as reinforcement works becos of the false ceiling or them have to extend the mounting into the false ceiling for support, i think it shd be ard $50-60 ba.....

For simple white fan, simply pay a visits to shops along Balestier n u can find tons of fans that may suit you. Chan Huat offer goov price but sometimes a few of the other shop may jus have a promotion.

do your homework by walking n checking the shops out....good luck :notti:

erm TS, you mean there is no existing point for you to install the ceiling fan on?

then you got to run a lighting / ceiling fan point to install the ceiling fan

you can't install the ceiling fan on nothing :dunno:

erm TS, you mean there is no existing point for you to install the ceiling fan on?

then you got to run a lighting / ceiling fan point to install the ceiling fan

you can't install the ceiling fan on nothing :dunno:

If there's only 1 point meaning 1 set of wiring... then the fan control is usually on remote... unless before hand u run or has already ran 2 sets of wiring: 1 for fan speed control , the other just for the Lights.

That is if you have a fan with lights on....

If there's only 1 point meaning 1 set of wiring... then the fan control is usually on remote... unless before hand u run or has already ran 2 sets of wiring: 1 for fan speed control , the other just for the Lights.

That is if you have a fan with lights on....

Sorry if I have asked a stupid qtn :P

If I have an existing lighting point with light bulb on it, can I install a ceiling fan with light kit using this point & use pull string to control fan speed, without running extra set of wiring?

Sorry if I have asked a stupid qtn :P

If I have an existing lighting point with light bulb on it, can I install a ceiling fan with light kit using this point & use pull string to control fan speed, without running extra set of wiring?

Hi Yokine9a,

Its not a stupid qn la.. Actually i didnt know such things until I need to install a fan also.... so we all learn along the way...

From what i know. if u have only 1 existing lighting point and your new fan with lighting kit has to use this point, you will eventually still need 2 controls: 1 for fan speed & 1 for lights. The ligthing point will just act as on/off switch for the entire fan set (fan speed & lights). The lights and fan speed has to be control by a remote.

Another point you brought which is valid is... Yes you can also opt to use string to control the fan speed & lights with the switch as the main "on/off" control other than the above options of using a remote.

2 string will be attached to the fan.... 1 string for fan speed. the other for lights.

Bear in mind that the string are attached to a 2 bearing controls inside the fan unit. if either the string broke. you need to replace the control mechanism which usually cost between $39-$55 if i am not wrong. can replace yourself but a bit complicated due to many wiring for the fan speed control. Asking a repairman usually also cost another $50 plus the mechanism.

:drunk:

i have three types of ceiling fan at home

one is a plain old fan, no lights, using string

one is fan with light kit, using strings

oen is fan with light (aroma), this one can only use remote, can't attach string as the light comes with the fan. not a kit that attaches to the fan. :yamseng:

Hi Byr & applefreak, thanks for the explanation.

I think i have seen the pic of aroma fan, the lights look like a fried egg sticks to the bottom of the fan :P

I know what I can do liao. I want to avoid running extra set of wiring as I am disappointed with my contractor, I try to avoid calling him again. Now, I can just buy the ceiling fan & pay the shop to do all the installation work.

I have managed to sweet-talk my bf & he agrees to let me go for ceiling fan :D

sweet-talk my bf & he agrees to let me go for ceiling fan :D

Hope u enjoy the experience with a ceiling fan... can be quite energy saving n cooling... i love the feeling with ceiling fan... hope u will as well :dancingqueen:

Thanks Byr, I hope so too, else my bf will jump on me for wasting $$ to install ceiling fan :P

I went to Balestier last nite & am now hesitating if I should go for 5-blade or 3-blade type. My ceiling is very low, living hall only 8 feet high without false ceiling. Most 5-blade fan comes with 4" downrod, I doubt they will look nice in my house due to the low ceiling. As I need lighting on my fan, my options on 3-blade fan are limited. The worst thing is, the design for 3-blade fan is almost the same for any brand, very 1970s classroom style. Fanco & elmark have aluminum blade only. I think amasco has acrylic blade.

Don't know what to choose now :(:help:

Oh... wonder if I am too late...

You can try to go Jurong west area to get the fan if you are not too particular about design...

We find the price most reasonable there...

If your ceiling is low, maybe you can consider KDK low ceiling fan. I just installed that recently. =)

Bought from Everjoint at 165.

Hi Snowie,

Mind pm-ing me the price of your installation cost?

Thanks in advance!!