Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iAm4Free

Purchase & Installation Of Ceiling Fans

If your ceiling is low, maybe you can consider KDK low ceiling fan. I just installed that recently. =)

Bought from Everjoint at 165.

Hi Snowie, I need lightings for my ceiling fan, so KDK is out for me.

But I quite like the design of this KDK low ceiling fan, simple yet elegant :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks Byr, I hope so too, else my bf will jump on me for wasting $$ to install ceiling fan :P

I went to Balestier last nite & am now hesitating if I should go for 5-blade or 3-blade type. My ceiling is very low, living hall only 8 feet high without false ceiling. Most 5-blade fan comes with 4" downrod, I doubt they will look nice in my house due to the low ceiling. As I need lighting on my fan, my options on 3-blade fan are limited. The worst thing is, the design for 3-blade fan is almost the same for any brand, very 1970s classroom style. Fanco & elmark have aluminum blade only. I think amasco has acrylic blade.

Don't know what to choose now :(:help:

Try Crestar? I bought 4 units with lights arylic blades.

Most hdb units are 8ft tall if i m not wrong.... :dunno:

Hi Snowie,

Where is Everjoint? Can give me the address and which model you bought for your flat. Thanks.

Hi Hapimint,

Don't mind which part of Jurong West you are refering to get the ceiling fan?

Thanks

Try Crestar? I bought 4 units with lights arylic blades.

Most hdb units are 8ft tall if i m not wrong.... :dunno:

I have seen the catalog of crestar... all are 5 blades with 4" downrod... if I were to add lights kit... worst, even lower... not only my bf can reach the fan blade... I think I can also reach it though I am not tall at all...

I think I will go for 3 blades with no downrod :~

I have seen the catalog of crestar... all are 5 blades with 4" downrod... if I were to add lights kit... worst, even lower... not only my bf can reach the fan blade... I think I can also reach it though I am not tall at all...

I think I will go for 3 blades with no downrod :~

The disadvantages of light kits for ceiling fan is that it will have a feeling that the light is flikering as the rotating blade is mounted above the light kits. That is my sixth sense.

The disadvantages of light kits for ceiling fan is that it will have a feeling that the light is flikering as the rotating blade is mounted above the light kits. That is my sixth sense.

This is an interesting subject, cos from my research, some say they have this flickering feeling whilst some say no such thing for them.

I think the problem is due to the fan blades are of smooth reflective surface eg. aluminum/acrylic, so any upward lights throw onto the fan blades are reflected down to the floor, hence, causing flickering feeling on us who are standing/sitting below the fan.

Do I sound logical :unsure:

Hi ongbpr, so have you bought your ceiling fan? I haven’t ordered mine, still cracking my head to go for 5 blades or 3 blades.

If your ceiling is low, maybe you can consider KDK low ceiling fan. I just installed that recently. =)

Bought from Everjoint at 165.

hi snowie,

really like the design of KDK low ceiling fan, can you post/PM the installation cost? many thanks.

This is an interesting subject, cos from my research, some say they have this flickering feeling whilst some say no such thing for them.

I think the problem is due to the fan blades are of smooth reflective surface eg. aluminum/acrylic, so any upward lights throw onto the fan blades are reflected down to the floor, hence, causing flickering feeling on us who are standing/sitting below the fan.

Do I sound logical :unsure:

Hi ongbpr, so have you bought your ceiling fan? I haven’t ordered mine, still cracking my head to go for 5 blades or 3 blades.

Hi Yokine9a,

So far have not ordered mine yet...Actually still looking brand like Fanco 54" aluminum 5 blades w/o light kits. And also brand like Crestar and Amasco etc....Hw abt u, any brand in mind beside KDK.

Actually, when searching for ceiling fan the first brand that came to my mind is KDK. Cos oldest brand in the market and i think is reliable. But after finding that there only have 48" and low ceiling rod which is superior to use for hdb ceiling. But only i dun like is the fan wind is not so strong.....might due to the blade length.....

Hi Yokine9a,

So far have not ordered mine yet...Actually still looking brand like Fanco 54" aluminum 5 blades w/o light kits. And also brand like Crestar and Amasco etc....Hw abt u, any brand in mind beside KDK.

Actually, when searching for ceiling fan the first brand that came to my mind is KDK. Cos oldest brand in the market and i think is reliable. But after finding that there only have 48" and low ceiling rod which is superior to use for hdb ceiling. But only i dun like is the fan wind is not so strong.....might due to the blade length.....

I am looking at Fanco 3 blade now, after bf made so much noise abt installing a 5 blade in our low-ceiling flat :bleah: Not sure what blade length it offers, though the brochure says 48".

According to the KDK website, the only low ceiling fan model that is approved for HDB flat is 44". IMHO, 44" is quite weak under our hot weather. I think at least a 52" is more suitable, depends on your room size.

I am looking at Fanco 3 blade now, after bf made so much noise abt installing a 5 blade in our low-ceiling flat :bleah: Not sure what blade length it offers, though the brochure says 48".

According to the KDK website, the only low ceiling fan model that is approved for HDB flat is 44". IMHO, 44" is quite weak under our hot weather. I think at least a 52" is more suitable, depends on your room size.

U mean the fanco 5 blade give rise to problem or the height that give problem or your bf is too tall? Pls advise. I believe that hdb flat ceiling height is normally abt 9' unless we find a ceiling fan that has short rod e.g KDK 44". As for the Fanco 3 blade, the blade length is 48". But for strong wind it's recommended to get at least 52" and above.

U mean the fanco 5 blade give rise to problem or the height that give problem or your bf is too tall? Pls advise. I believe that hdb flat ceiling height is normally abt 9' unless we find a ceiling fan that has short rod e.g KDK 44". As for the Fanco 3 blade, the blade length is 48". But for strong wind it's recommended to get at least 52" and above.

my ceiling only 8.5 ft so take note

can refer to this thread i got include all other measurement of the fan from my floor

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...2525&st=240

I would say all 5-blade fans come with 4" rod for HDB flats... And my bf is not short, he stands at 1.78m tall.

Not all HDB ceiling height is 9ft, mine is only 8ft without false ceiling or L-box... As my ceiling is pretty low, a 5-blade fan with 4" rod will probably not look nice in my house.

Hence, my only option is those 3-blade fans with shorter rod.

There are wall mounted fans which looked a tad more ugly as an alternative but if safety is a main concern, I would not mount them in the bedroom(s) right above the bed where a family member would be zzZ-ing..