Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Deepwhite

Hougang Ea Built By Impress 21

Start of the journey... we had the flat since Sept and had the concept here after go through with the Feng Shui Master.

AndrewandEileenHse.gif

We decided to engage a contractor instead of an ID as we are budget tight. The whole place had to be hacked so we need to source for skillful contractor that are responsive. Henry from impress 21 is quite responsive and communicative hence we had select him to do the job.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Start of the journey... we had the flat since Sept and had the concept here after go through with the Feng Shui Master.

AndrewandEileenHse.gif

We decided to engage a contractor instead of an ID as we are budget tight. The whole place had to be hacked so we need to source for skillful contractor that are responsive. Henry from impress 21 is quite responsive and communicative hence we had select him to do the job.

First to spam chop!! hehe :P

Welcome deepwhite! What sort of fengshui advice were you give? Can share?

Before log in to renotalk, we had done all the necessary work to select contractors and tile selection. Below snapshot had done all the wet work and pending for painting, light fitting, carpentry, wallpaper and furnture to come in.

Right Entrance which shoe cabinet will be here

PA280005.jpg

Left Entrance which will be replace by hidden store room door

PA280004.jpg

Alter table cabinet

PA280006.jpg

Living Room Wall

PA280007.jpg

TV console Wall will be here

PA280008.jpg

Continue....

Wall mounted fish tank will be here

PA280009.jpg

Common Toilet (hacked and new tiles shown here)

PA280022.jpg

Master Toilet (hacked and new tiles shown here)

PA280024.jpg

First to spam chop!! hehe :P

Welcome deepwhite! What sort of fengshui advice were you give? Can share?

Well, the feng shui master count the birth date and give us advices below:

1) To add a water fountain near the entrance

2) Fountain drawing or red wall at the living room

3) Alter table location is ok

4) Location of the TV (it is slated instead of parallel to wall)

5) Location of the sofa... (initially we want a recline sofa then master recomemdated L-shape sofa)

6) General colour of the wall to be creamy

7) Curtain to be yellowish range

8) Bed location for Master room, bedroom 2 and 3

9) Kitchen cannot use black or red colour (my spouse is upset on this, red and black colour is so "in")

10) Flower picture hang at bedroom 3 to enhance health for lady owners.

11) 24 hr lights at three bedrooms intersection way and main entrance.

12) A bai zi tu (Drawing of hundred kids) at passage way if we cannot give birth after a year. :bangwall:

interesting toilet tiles. i am just at planning stage to sell my current and purchase a resale, but came here to do homework first :D

very excited to see ur final product, as i am wondering whether i shd do away with ID as well. can share with me your total reno cost?

spam chop chop :dancingqueen:

how much u spend for yr reno? can disclose?

Wetwork + electrical works + plumbing + hacking ketchen wall + seal up one toilet entrance = about $29K

Carpentry (shoe cabinet, alter table, hidden store room, TV cabinet, kitchen cabinet, island table, vanity) = about $13K

Total = $42K (not including curtain + wallpaper + light fittings + sanitary wares etc)

spam chop :dancingqueen:

very big bedrooms and kitchen :wub:

We hack the kitchen wall to have a island table located here as to open up the space

wow. nice tiles here! wish i had seen it earlier

This tile is from Italy and is the 2nd most expensive tile which we had choosen about nearly $8 psf, it actually sparking like small diamonds - from Hafary. Have to match with black flooring and to highlight that area, plain white wall tiles is matched as shown.

PA280024.jpg

interesting toilet tiles. i am just at planning stage to sell my current and purchase a resale, but came here to do homework first :D

very excited to see ur final product, as i am wondering whether i shd do away with ID as well. can share with me your total reno cost?

Difference with ID and contractor is that ID will provide innovative idea and better in colour matching but of cos, it comes with a price. But if you know what colour range that you like and take some risk.. :notti: then you could consider contractor cos contractor just inform owner what is feasiable to be done and they are not so good in design concept as ID.

Edited by Deepwhite

Samsung stuff purchased

40" TV

LA40A650_mainkv02_new-1.jpg

22" TV

LA22A450.jpg

Washing Machine

WA12VP_large.jpg

Refrigerator

RSH1NEMH_large_20070921.jpg

Atlantis Fish Tank ordered (hopefully will installed as well as shown)

Atlantis_aquatic13.jpg

Wah wall mounted fish tank!! Very classy. 42k reno wor... $$$ :)

Hope to see more pictures!

The ex-owner rented out the place for 10 years so in very bad condition, so bad that I do not even want to take photo.. keke... Valuation is quite high during our home search and this is the only unit which sold below valuation so we take the risk. Our COV price is convert to renovation cost.

Bro u r Samsung fans ar...:)

Yup.. We think that Samsung is better priced and better quality than a lot of electrical appliances..

Edited by Deepwhite

Yeah, I'm a Samsung fan too~ Aiming Samsung TV and washing machine, and holding Samsung phones too~ :notti:

Anyway, the fish tank concept looks really good. Is it going to be a marine fish tank or a fresh water one?