Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JYF

Window Flim Or Curtain?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
dear All.

Is it better to install window flim or curtain for privacy?

I prefer curtains. Window film, I used to reduce amount of heat.

There are day and night curtains, I think getting both would be good.

Guest our-home
dear All.

Is it better to install window flim or curtain for privacy?

Depends. In our previous flat, we had window film for all windows on common corridor side and kept windows closed most of the time. Cos when windows opened + curtains closed, some door-to-door sales people or karang guni still push open curtains to call for us.

Had day & night curtains for all windows too - 3 bedrooms + 2 in living room. When it came to washing, tedious to take down, remove hooks, wash, put hooks back and hang them up. Of course, day + night curtains "soften" the look though.

The windows facing the carpark, we had day & night curtains only, no film - not facing another unit directly.

Thanks. But if i were to choose curtain, what type of curtain should i choose?

If i choose day and night curtain, there will not be much ventilation right (assuming curtain put down) and i open the window?

If i choose roller curtain, i can still keep it half or 3/4 open to let wind come in.

My bedroom is quite close to other flats and i am thinking of the best ways of doing it as well as having some privacy.

Anyone free to give your advise.

if your priority is privacy, then solar film is not suitable. Coz solar film, at night, outside pple can see u very well, but u looking to outside, will see a mirror-like surface, thinking that nobody can see u.

day curtain is the thicker one to block off lights. Night curtain is the thin, translucent sheet, pple can still see u, abit murky soft effect. U can do only day-curtain, or both 2-in-1.

u can go for louvre blinds, u can tilt it up or down, air still comes in, but at certain angle, pple can't see in.

Thanks. But if i were to choose curtain, what type of curtain should i choose?

If i choose day and night curtain, there will not be much ventilation right (assuming curtain put down) and i open the window?

If i choose roller curtain, i can still keep it half or 3/4 open to let wind come in.

My bedroom is quite close to other flats and i am thinking of the best ways of doing it as well as having some privacy.

Anyone free to give your advise.

Hi Why dont u consider Bamboo blinds or those vertical cloth blinds whereby breeze can still come into the unit while the window is effectively covered...

Just a suggestions for you to explore...

:notti:

Dear byr,

May i know how a Bamboo blinds or those vertical cloth blinds you mentioned works? Pcan provide privacy as well as ventilation?

Hi JYF,

I think becos the bamboo or vertical blinds panels can be adusted plus the slits are usually enuf to allow air circulation yet small enough to block outside view unless someone using his fingers to ply open the panels...

I hope the above comments applies. :dunno:

well i think curtains are an essential part of the home, it makes it look like a home?

maybe i'm biased, coz my mum used to sew curtains, so i've been surrounded by them from young, and everytime you draw a house, don't fget the curtains in the windows :)

actually i think day curtains are the sheer ones you use during the day, perhaps to reduce glare. then you have the, urm, regular curtains, usually heavier, thicker, printed fabric. depending on your house, the amount of light, you can use either, not necc. to get both. my house is pretty dark, so we made do without the day curtains.

Dear Byr,

Thanks for your help. Anyone know any contact that can do frosted

flim for window? Can pm me?

JYF,

u can buy frost film in lavendar or even near Ubi hdb area... PM me if you want exact address.

Its about $5-15 per meter I think.

Installation not very difficult. need a spray, soap, water and maybe a plastic ruler & pen knife...

If u wanna try n cut cost let me know... :notti:

JYF,

u can buy frost film in lavendar or even near Ubi hdb area... PM me if you want exact address.

Its about $5-15 per meter I think.

Installation not very difficult. need a spray, soap, water and maybe a plastic ruler & pen knife...

If u wanna try n cut cost let me know... :notti:

Why frost film? Got privacy?