Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ace_mav

Home Reno For Hearts-entwined

Ahoy there mateys! Finally I had the time to do up this blog! Went through the long and tiring process of choosing IDs and Contractors and finally took Arise Creation on 1st of September 2008. As my house had alot of stuff belonging to my in-laws, the reno project took off on 15th of September 2008 instead. Else my house would have been ready long ago..*mutters*...

Took Arise Creation due to the ID itself who have worked as a Manager for an established ID firm before and I asked myself, better to let an 'orang lama' handle my renovation. The quotation given was also lower compared with others. Didn't choose Classic Design or Chew Interior after long consultation with my wife because I believe they mark up the price to sustain their showroom, lucky draws, free gifts and excessive marketing...and true enough my sis-in-law who took classic design do less stuff compared to what i am doing for the same price..only downside is that you have to put some faith in your IDs who may not be as established as those big 'o' companies..hehe...

So not gonna bother you further, I present you pictures of my renovation! Actually taken 1 week ago whereby carpentry was on the way..:P..as of now...its already completed but I haven't take pictures yet..so book mark this page and see the progress from near completion to it becoming a beautiful home...sorry no pre reno and mid reno photos cos its really ugly with all the hacking....

Edited by ace_mav

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ID - Arise Creation

House - 5I in Pasir Ris near to White Sand. Bought at 320k from in-laws.

Total Spent - $32000 (Plus minus estimated)

Electrical - $2000

Featured items in my house -

1) Sparkly black quartz tile which set me off about 3k

2) 8 feet built in wardrobe

3) 9 feet study table

4) 9 feet study cabinet

5) 1 foot LCD mount cabinet

6) 10 feet LCD feature wall with inbuilt cabinet to make use of the recess

7) 7 feet feature wall suspended console

8) Additional 7.5feet full height cabinet at kitchen

9) ALOT of mosaic tile

10) etc..etc...just short of a dressing table..

WAH nice mosaic! And .. your camera takes very nice photographs!!

hehehe! thanks! cos I used to do wedding photography and using DSLR..so maybe result a bit better compare to normal digicam...

Ok guys! I am back from house cleaning..took me, my in laws, maid and a friend to clear the items inside a bedroom which will be painted and parquet revarnish and was done in phases...back pain now..arghhh...

anyway...took some photos...still have boxes, and stuff all around..but overall i am happy with it...or should i say my wife is happy with it..although she had some gripes with certain defects but glad my contractor will be rectifying it soon...but i guess i would have preferred the sub con to do a better job than wasting my time and my contractor time and money rectifying it...this is something beyond our control as a consumer...sigh

so enjoy the pics! our theme is no theme..:P..more of being practical....

Present to youuuu...my feature wall..although the white shouldn't be that white..should be an Lamitak Angel White but I dunno what happened to the carpenter end there..miscomm or something..so most prob gonna ask them to redo..

Another supposedly artistic shot of my living room...don't see the window film!! its cracked and shrink!!

Window mirror on the feature wall...actually my design...but my ID approve it...lala...

That is how you opened it..maybe put my wedding albums...

and now present to you my masterbed room with downlight..but no cover cos waiting for touch up 1st...

no downlight this time but special light...wife likes it..i don like it..in the end i like it....

another effect now taken with wardrobe as a background...

wardrobe..nothing special i guess...alumetal laminate with cylinder laminate from lamitak...doesn't stand out if u you asked me...

ah hah! my pride and joy! the study table and its cabinet..idea stole from mmycheng (one of the forumer here)..love the black white theme of the study table...important cos i always use the computer...

picture of the study cabinet...ultra high gloss..can't see the gloss cos i forgot to buy 1 downlight...

SORRY! the above pictures all went down already..: :dunno: (..go down for further photos... :dancingqueen:

Edited by ace_mav

somemore pictures for this week...next time will be the final photos after all furnishing stuffs are put in..god bless my bank account...

A-11.jpg

A-12.jpg

A-13.jpg

A-14.jpg

A-15.jpg

A-16.jpg

A-17.jpg

A-18.jpg

A-19.jpg

A-20.jpg

Edited by ace_mav

Don't say steal lah... say 'inspired'...haha :lol:

I like your black laminate better than mine... next time...I should cut down on the floral designs...I realised it's too much and really not me... :bleah:

Did your ID help you drill hole through the table for your computer wires to go through?

By the way, I LURVE your black quartz tiles! I am 'inspired' to do it for my next house...whenever that may be... :notti:

So.... does that make us even? :rofl:

Edited by mmycheng

Don't say steal lah... say 'inspired'...haha :lol:

I like your black laminate better than mine... next time...I should cut down on the floral designs...I realised it's too much and really not me... :bleah:

Did your ID help you drill hole through the table for your computer wires to go through?

By the way, I LURVE your black quartz tiles! I am 'inspired' to do it for my next house...whenever that may be... :notti:

So.... does that make us even? :rofl:

i kinda like the floral design though..if anything..i wish i had implement alot more floral design like you did..that would make my wife happy as well...

yep yep..he did..quite happy with it cos i can connect the wire easily with that small tv cabinet...

haha..be prepared to save alot of money then! 2 long stripe and skirting is already 3k!! if whole house maybe 15-20k just for the tiles alone!!

hehe..ok! we are even! :dancingqueen:

WAH your blue tile for the toilet is BIG! nice le!!! I never like blue but that's nice! esp with the mosaic next to it.

yep! its big plus its also very expensive..i was surprised it cost $8 buck per sq foot...so technically its $24 buck per tile! and the budget my ID gave me is $2.5 per sq foot...supposedly some spanish tile...i hope its long lasting at least...

its good if you can make your own design...in fact..me and my wife design this and we go along away that line with some modification with advise from my ID to make it workable...the feeling is shiok knowing its your masterpiece..but if it turn out crap...you have yourself to blame..haha...