Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
toyota1zzfe

Rain Shower - Concealed Or Exposed Pipe?

Hi everyone,

Advice needed! :D

My contractor asked if I would like to have concealed or exposed pipe for the rain shower. Can someone advise what are to pros and cons of each option?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

if u have no fancy design for the neck, then better do it embedded, then u'll only see a small portion of pipe sticking out from the wall.

Exposed is normally done for add on type of installation. If u are going to retile whole bathroom, might as well do concealed. Exposed pipes love to attact soap scum.

Thanks hihihi and yoongf.

What about maintenance of concealed pipes? I have heard that it may be a hassle next time, should there is problem with the pipe and I would have to hack the tiles to resolve problem... true?

Thanks again! :)

What about maintenance of concealed pipes? I have heard that it may be a hassle next time, should there is problem with the pipe and I would have to hack the tiles to resolve problem... true?

That is true lah.. i did part concealed as well.. Let me post the pix tomorrow. But its up to you if you want to take the risk lor.. For us, we opted for beauty. We intend to stay for 5 years... so shd be ok lah.

Do concelaed first loh.... if got problem, just do an expose one the next time round..... leave the damage one inside the wall loh...... done!

I would do conceal if given a choice.

lawry - Older flats can only do exposed. New ones can choose either one. (information based on my knowledge!!)