Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frederick_chia

How To Repair Scratched Tv Console

Hi,

I have a scratched TV console which I intend to use @ my new house. Anybody have any suggestions to how to "repair" the scratch? Looking into self DIY only and not sending it for re-lamination.

Edited by frederick_chia

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I have a scratched TV console which I intend to use @ my new house. Anybody have any suggestions to how to "repair" the scratch? Looking into self DIY only and not sending it for re-lamination.

Hi,

what's the current material?

what's the current material?

The whole TV console is made of wood, but the exterior I think is laminates. The scratch is directly @ the centre of the TV console. Was thinking of either painting over it or applying lacquer, but not sure how disastrous it will be if things went wrong. Currently I'm covering it up using my CRT TV, but after I shift, I will be using LCD, so no way to cover it anymore. :dunno:

Yes, suggest you post a picture here for all to see so that we can attempt to 'play doctor' to your TV console. :dancingqueen:

I will try to take a pic over this weekend...cos quite a number of stuffs to shift....hee hee :notti:

Edited by frederick_chia

Hi,

hi, as you did not mention any details, based on the above, i assume your TV console material is laminated wood, if the scratch is long and obvious, i suggest you re-laminate the whole side ...

if the scratch is not that big, maybe use some stickers (e.g. hello kitty, doraemon) to cover it?

anyway, you might want to provide more details on the material of your TV console, where exactly is the scratch, and the size etc. :sport-smiley-018:

hi, as you did not mention any details, based on the above, i assume your TV console material is laminated wood, if the scratch is long and obvious, i suggest you re-laminate the whole side ...

if the scratch is not that big, maybe use some stickers (e.g. hello kitty, doraemon) to cover it?

anyway, you might want to provide more details on the material of your TV console, where exactly is the scratch, and the size etc. :sport-smiley-018:

Where can we get the materials for re-lamination for DIY?

Where can we get the materials for re-lamination for DIY?

I have not done it myself before, but i watched my contractor do it. It is not that easy though, besides the laminting material, you need other tools like special glue, tools to cut the material and etc.

You may want to do a search in the internet, or maybe can check with those carpentry shop.