Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angel81

Angel's Heaven

More Dining Set Pictures

DSC00674.jpgDSC00673.jpg

Dining set when closed (90cm width). It'll be 137cm when it's expanded.

DSC00672.jpg

Storage bench that comes FOC. The original price in website is $488, on the tag is $588. :P

Some purchases at Poh Joo

DSC00643.jpg

Black handspray set for all 3 toilets. Good thing about this handspray is that the lever can pull up and the water will keep flowing. So we don't need to keep pressing the lever. :P

DSC00640.jpg

Simple & tiny sink for the tiny wash area

DSC00642.jpg

Common toilet basin. The basin will sit on a vanity cupboard. :)

That's all that I have for the weekend. I'll take lots of pics tomorrow of the deliveries and a/c pipe running. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Busy Busy Day

29 more days to go before shifting day, if everything goes well. We're slowly starting to feel the pressure, and the shortening timeline. Our wallets and pockets are getting lighter as days goes by, and today is no exception.

Another no exception is blur me forgetting to take pics of the stuff we bought. :bangwall: I'll try to upload whatever I have/can. *Sorry pinkpetter & ponytail*

Stainless steel baskets

We went to Jalan Besar to search for our kitchen cabinets wire baskets. In the end, we bought them at Hoe Kee (IMM branch though, as the Jalan Besar one does not have the items we want in stock).

SSbaskets.jpg

2 of these will be for us to put our crockery.

We bought a spice rack as well, but there's no pic. :P We'll be passing them to our contractor to measure and include into our carpentry.

Total: $290

Poh Joo

We also went to Poh Joo to buy the WC/basin/handspray for our wash area, 2 mirrors for common toilet & PIL's room, 4 s/s triangle baskets to put toiletries in shower area.

Total: $473

Furniture Club @ IFC

Decided on our fabric (it'll be dark cream in colour), changed our tv console model (at no extra charge :dancingqueen: ), and confirmed our sofa setting.

Date of delivery: 23 March

Picket & Rail @ IFC

While we were at IFC, we passed by P&R and found a gorgeous dining set. My hb wanted to buy a marble top table at first, but was won over by the good buy. During normal days, we will collapse the expandable part and put the 6 chairs around it. We'll put the bench at either our foyer or balcony. :wub: When there are guests, we'll expand the table into the square size you see, and bring in the bench for extra seating.

(My hp cable's at ofc, I'll upload the pics on Monday)

If you take a look at this link, the total should be $2,187 for the dining table, 6 chairs and a storage bench. We got it for $1,529. :dancingqueen:

Date of delivery: 23 March

PS: Shkeat, was really happy to have "hunted" this bargain!

Next Week Renovation List

Electrical work - Mon ~ Thurs

Mosaic tiling at MBR - Mon

Delivery of kitchen & toilets items - Tues

Installation of WC - sometime during the week

Air con site discussion & pipe running - Tues

Painting - Hopefully Thurs starts

Things To Do Next Weekend

* Buy our bedframe

* Purchase lights

* Start purchasing IKEA items for contractor to install

Hi Angel, that's a very good hunt!!! congrate... :dancingqueen:

Heard that there's some furniture show coming up this weekend at expo. Was thinking to go see see look look. Hoping to catch some good bargain on dining set as well... :notti:

Hi Angel, that's a very good hunt!!! congrate... :dancingqueen:

Heard that there's some furniture show coming up this weekend at expo. Was thinking to go see see look look. Hoping to catch some good bargain on dining set as well... :notti:

Hi shkeat! Thanks! Now we're just left with our bedframe and a couple of little stuff like settee, small buffet cabinet, etc. *phew!*

Good luck for ur furniture search! I'm sure there'll be lots of goodies at fantastic prices. Think ur headache won't be not being able to find good bargains, but rather which good bargain to choose! :P

Haha, of course no hard feelings lar. It's very nice of ur to give advice and share thoughts woh. After reading the posts at Jupiter Home's tblog, and in the fengshui section, I was abit concern about this. And my hb and I did consider changing. But after looking through the laminate books, we can't really find one that we like. Did think of wood-lookalike laminates, but the rest of my 1st floor laminates and furnishing are dark wood already. So abit scare that it's too much wood loh.

In the end, my hb say just stick with red and white loh. After all, we both like the outcome. :unsure: Cham lah... I now having 2nd thoughts again. And we are meeting Yeak tomorrow evening to confirm the paint and laminate colours! :bangwall:

How about if I minimize the red colour? *headache* :(

Took quite a while to finish reading your blog.

Oh, no wonder last Wednesday, I was sneezing real hard, haha now I know why liao.:D

So you've really go for red? Got take pics of the laminate?

Don't headache, don't headache, like Nike say "Just Do It". :P

Angel, how much did u pay for the handspray? Does it come w a valve or gonna ur the plumber's standard valve (like those attached for WC).

Hi shkeat! Thanks! Now we're just left with our bedframe and a couple of little stuff like settee, small buffet cabinet, etc. *phew!*

Good luck for ur furniture search! I'm sure there'll be lots of goodies at fantastic prices. Think ur headache won't be not being able to find good bargains, but rather which good bargain to choose! :P

I'm still deciding whether to go or not. want to avoid the headache :sport-smiley-004:

Angel, how much did u pay for the handspray? Does it come w a valve or gonna ur the plumber's standard valve (like those attached for WC).

WAH ya!! Where did you get the handspray!! I want also!!

Angel, your Dining Set looks very Bali holiday resort style. woooh....u wanted to go for a holiday Bali theme huh? :dancingqueen:

Edited by Pinklady

Took quite a while to finish reading your blog.

Oh, no wonder last Wednesday, I was sneezing real hard, haha now I know why liao.:D

So you've really go for red? Got take pics of the laminate?

Don't headache, don't headache, like Nike say "Just Do It". :P

Hehehe.. Yupz, in the end still went for red loh. :) My pics of the laminates are somewhere in the blog. Wait I find the page and put the link here k. :)This is the link!

WAH ya!! Where did you get the handspray!! I want also!!

Hi Mrspiglet & pinkpetter,

Hee.. The handspray comes with the valve. Each set cost $21 at Poh Joo. Love the black. Usual ones are silver in colour. :)

I'm still deciding whether to go or not. want to avoid the headache :sport-smiley-004:

If it's time for u to have the headache, then go. If it's not time to buy yet, then don't go. :P That's what I've learnt. hehehehe.. After all, the whole of this year should have lots of sales to go to. :)

Angel, your Dining Set looks very Bali holiday resort style. woooh....u wanted to go for a holiday Bali theme huh?

Hee... It looks Bali from the pic, but it's abit reddish in colour, even though colour was stated as walnut. :)

I think we're looking at a mostly woody feel 1st floor. So far the whole 1st floor furniture & laminate are woody feel, except for the kitchen. :D So yah, guess we're leaning more to Bali side liao hor? hehehe

Edited by Angel81

Hi Mrspiglet & pinkpetter,

Hee.. The handspray comes with the valve. Each set cost $21 at Poh Joo. Love the black. Usual ones are silver in colour. :)

Do u have any pics of the valve or its like the one attached to the handspray in ur pic? Cos i saw a handspray set at bellari @ $28, comes in a few colors, silver/blue/black/red and the valve is a square type, very chic looking. Wondering if i shd spend the extra few dollars on a nice valve just for washing toilet. :dunno:

WHAT a tired yesterday!

Went out of house at 10.30am and was around the new house for the whole day until 7pm when my hb came from work. 11am was Poh Joo's delivery. 1pm was the discussion with the air con guys from All Best. The rest of the time running around taking pics (think I was trigger happy yesterday, took abt 100plus pics! :o ), and searching the neighbourhood for a 2-way tap.

Signz, when we were buying stuff at Poh Joo, they didn't tell us that we will need to buy that for our toilets. When the person who came to fix our toilet stuff told me that he'll need that, I was like huh? what's that? :unsure: After many explanations, I decided to brave the neighbourhood shops to search. Hey.. Not bad for a girl who know nuts ok.. hahah.. I did find them, and they looked quite nice I must say. :P I brought them back to the worker and he fixed them up immediately. Felt rather proud of myself and my contribution, when I saw it on the wall. :P

The workers were VERY efficient yesterday. Lots of things were completed within a day. The L-box and false ceilings were done. The electrical works are almost completed. All tiling were finished on Monday. Thursday will start on painting, and my contractor told us that the lights can be delivered anytime liao. :jawdrop:

Anyway, pictures speak a thousand words:

My Resprayed Gate in Black & Gold

P2240203.jpgP2240205.jpg

Poh Joo Deliveries

P2240091.jpgP2240121.jpg

Poor uncle sending the deliveries alone. He had to make 3 trips up & down to deliver all my stuff

P2240100.jpgP2240099.jpg

MBR Basin & Common Toilet Basin

P2240103.jpgP2240111.jpg

Nice & shiny kitchen sink & 3 waste trap for 3 toilet sinks

P2240113.jpgP2240096.jpg

From left: soap dispenser for kitchen sink, wash area basin tap, common toilet basin tap, kitchen sink tap & MBR basin tap

Walkway False Ceiling Works

P2240079.jpgP2240094.jpg

MBR L-Box & False Ceiling Works

P2240110.jpgP2240130.jpg

Before and during plastering

P2240169.jpg

After plastering!

Air-con Works

P2240108.jpgP2240137.jpg

Hacking away the old compressor. So scary! He didn't put on any harness or safety whatever, and just climbed out. :jawdrop:

His colleague was lining the copper pipes at the corridor.

P2240143.jpgP2240154.jpg

During and After completion in MBR

Gathering at Balcony for Lunchtime!

P2240120.jpg

Items Fixed up within the day of Delivery!

P2240139.jpgP2240180.jpg

Wash area, and there's water! :P

P2240160.jpg

Common Toilet WC and handspray installed!

MBR Toilet :dancingqueen:

P2240132.jpgP2240229.jpg

Fixing up the stuff, and that's the 2-way tap I just bought! :P

P2240165.jpgP2240164.jpg

WC Area and Shower Area (carpentry, shower screen & glass door pending)

hi Angel....how's your reno progress? Did u take any updated pics?

My house still doing the hacking...today 3rd day only :(

Hi roamca,

My reno progress is very fast! Yesterday was Day 16, and lots of stuff were completed. They're going to complete the electrical works today, and most prob start on :paint: tml! After that will be polishing of floor and fixing of lights.

Lots of pics! Did u see? Hehehe, have lots more, but rather not bore your with too many of them. So chose afew to upload loh. :)

I'm sure ur house's progress will speed up. That time I also around 3rd day finish all hacking stuff and then start on tiling. :) Any pics to share for ur side? :)

Do u have any pics of the valve or its like the one attached to the handspray in ur pic? Cos i saw a handspray set at bellari @ $28, comes in a few colors, silver/blue/black/red and the valve is a square type, very chic looking. Wondering if i shd spend the extra few dollars on a nice valve just for washing toilet. :dunno:

Hee.. That's the only pic that I have. Other pics will be the fixed up handspray pics loh. But my valve is abit squarish/rectangle in shape one. Hehehe.. The valve will be near the floor, so I don't think guests will notice it. Most impt is the handspray bah. Get one that u like. :P

Angel, can share this basin price? :dunno:

Hi Bluetooth! It's $120, at Poh Joo. :) Minus the tap. :P

Edited by Angel81

wah..angel...yr reno really very fast leh...i wish mine oso as fast as yours! Hee...and i like you oval shape basin...Chio de lor..ex or not har? this sat will b meeting yeak to choose the laminate etc...

Today is the 4th day of my reno...err..and i duno what's the progress now. hahaha...maybe already finished hacking le bah....Tonite will go down my place and check it out...and shun bian take fotos!

More Dining Set Pictures

DSC00674.jpgDSC00673.jpg

Dining set when closed (90cm width). It'll be 137cm when it's expanded.

DSC00672.jpg

Storage bench that comes FOC. The original price in website is $488, on the tag is $588. :P

Hi Angel81, First time posting here.... If you dun mind.. where did you get your dinning set (dinning table and chairs) and storage bench. Looks nice :notti: