Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angel81

Angel's Heaven

Ya I went to Geylang to buy... DK lighting and A Lighting.. but heard that No.1 lighting very cheap also.

Didn't get any downlights so cannot comment on that..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I will show yeak your drawing on Saturday when we meet up for discussion....really thanks alot...and sorry ahh Angel..pai say to use your blog..i think i will have to start a blog soon...

Hi roamca & rondy, haha! No probs lar. I don't mind it at all. Ur wana post watever, just post loh. Easy to discuss at one place as well. :P So far I think the layout is fine. Btw hor, where's the fridge? That box with the big X ah? Then wat's the carpentry next to it? The altar, or cabinets? Hee... For me, I'll extend that piece of carpentry to have more storage, then do up a bench at the front of it for the dining table. :P

Angel, u may wanna check out Geylang's light shops as well since u r gonna buy for whole house? I think Geylang's shops r generally cheaper than balestier. The one i short listed is quoting me $25/sq downlight, 2x13W or 2x18W up to us. With 5% discount if u buy more, n no GST somemore. U want i can PM u the shop name. I think pinkpetter also went to some Geylang shops to buy.

Oooo! We wanted to go Geylang to source for lights as well, but abit pressed for time liao. :D Tomorrow still gota go buy IKEA stuff and can't rem what else. So far, Extreme quoted me $21/sq dwnlight (2x13W, with ostram bulbs. If wana upgrade to a gd ballast, add $1). No GST also. :)

Thanks pinkpetter for the Geylang shops' names. If got time tml, we'll drop by there to take a look. :)Mrspiglet, did u go to the same shops as pinkpetter?

Hi Angel,

For my current home, i also bought most of my lightings at Extreme lighting, their price is hard to beat. They have reasonably good service too. Some of the bulbs were dead after few months but considering the price it's ok, i'll just buy philips bulbs to replace those.

So you might want to ask them for better bulbs/ballasts.

The guy's name was alex when i shopped there 3 yrs ago.

Hi xherion! Yah, agree that their prices r hard to beat. And I like their service as well! The guy who served us previously was George. At first he quoted us $19 for each dwnlight. After upgrading for better bulbs, it's $21 each. If wana get a gd ballast as well, it's $22. Think we may juz get all the gd stuff at $22 to save the trouble to replace afew mths later.

Thanks for the advice! :D

:jawdrop: My name so BIG now in the shops ah? :sport-smiley-004:

Yup!the lady boss name is julia Han..

At least i bought the downlight over there liao,

Don need to say so much just tell her straight away $25 X No. of lights u need.

:dribble:

The rest,try to press down as much as u want to your desire price you think is within your budget,she sure says ok de!This is how i bargain Left/right /top/bottom/ with her.haha :P

We don't want 2x18W leh. We wana get 2x13W. Her total price was not very good. About $1.9k in total. Still more x than Citilights. But maybe cuz now Citilights got sale. haha...

Edited by Angel81

good morning Angel....the fridge is the bigger square beside the dining table...heehee...anyway thanks for being so kind to let us use your blog ahh...BTW did yeak take back the laminate samples book from you already? Cos i m meeting him tomolo and scared he too busy and forgot to take back from u :P

Fridge behind the atar ah?Good in a way u can save the carpentry work...cos currently i draw for u one

the fridge is within the cabinet type.

I think it would be better not within the cabinet thou it looks neat,because fridge tense to generate quite alot of heat!So its better to let it stand alone by itself!And u can save some money on carpentry work too..

I will revised it tomolo for u in time for you to pass to yeak on Sat!

hi Rondy...thanks ahh...really quite excited cos i think my house tiling were all up liao..i will go take fotos tomoro and will then start a blog 'soon' le...u dun scold me liao hor...hhahaha....

good morning Angel....the fridge is the bigger square beside the dining table...heehee...anyway thanks for being so kind to let us use your blog ahh...BTW did yeak take back the laminate samples book from you already? Cos i m meeting him tomolo and scared he too busy and forgot to take back from u :P

hi Rondy...thanks ahh...really quite excited cos i think my house tiling were all up liao..i will go take fotos tomoro and will then start a blog 'soon' le...u dun scold me liao hor...hhahaha....

Oh! Icic, then what's the square with a X? And what's the wardrobe next to the dining table for? Chim leh. :D

Yupz, I think he took back liao. Cuz yest I went to my place after wk, and checked the storeroom where I put the books. They were not there liao. :) Enjoy selecting ur laminates, and looking forward to seeing ur lime green kitchen cabinets! :D

Wah.... Ur tiling works also very fast leh. All up liao?!

Edited by Angel81

sorry sorry...the square with the cross is the fridge lah...me blur sotong again...haha...the bigger square beside the fridge should be the full height kitchen cabinet. heehe...the tiling should be up liao cos yeak yestd call me and tell me de....maybe yestd and today will finish the tiling le bah...

sorry sorry...the square with the cross is the fridge lah...me blur sotong again...haha...the bigger square beside the fridge should be the full height kitchen cabinet. heehe...the tiling should be up liao cos yeak yestd call me and tell me de....maybe yestd and today will finish the tiling le bah...

Hee... That's cool! That means after tiling he'll be doing ur electrical works liao loh? Fast leh. I think my electrical works maybe today then finish. A worker that I met yest told me that, and that the painters will come today. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. :)

Did Yeak tell u when he needs the lights to be delivered?

Side track abit.

Do we have to check with the electrical guy on what kind of downlight to buy (eg. size, depth etc) or we can just get any downlight to fit into the false ceiling.

after tiling will be electrical work liao ahh? Cham lor...me havent buy anything yet leh...hahaha....but my kitchen cabinet base, fridge base and washing machine base all not done yet...cos we havent finalise with the design etc...

Wow! $22 for a 2x13 downlight? Square or round? Where is Extreme?? i wanna go see see also!

I went No. 1 lightings. The uncle will recommend only lights within ur budget. But variety of dining lights not as gd thou. Haven got time to comb DK lighting n A lighting.. :(

Side track abit.

Do we have to check with the electrical guy on what kind of downlight to buy (eg. size, depth etc) or we can just get any downlight to fit into the false ceiling.

I think the depth of the false ceiling/L-box is standard, and you can just buy what you like. So far, the electrician or our contractor did not ask us what type of lights we're buying. We just discussed on the num of downlights that's all. My false ceilings do not have any holes for the downlights as yet, so I suspect they'll see what you buy, and then cut the correct sized holes. :)

after tiling will be electrical work liao ahh? Cham lor...me havent buy anything yet leh...hahaha....but my kitchen cabinet base, fridge base and washing machine base all not done yet...cos we havent finalise with the design etc...

Still got time lar. Yeak did not rush u guys rite? :P Electrical work will include rewiring (if u doing), extra electrical points, lights, etc etc. So it'll take awhile loh.

Oh, haha, haven do the base yet ah? Then I believe they'll do that first loh, cuz my sequence was all bases then electrical works. The workers will have to tile the bases as well woh. Did Yeak rush u guys for the type of WM/fridge u'll be getting? I sent him my dimensions, and he did the bases around that size loh. If u're using Rondy's layout plan for u, the workers will have to do the short wall btw ur cabinets and WM.

Wow! $22 for a 2x13 downlight? Square or round? Where is Extreme?? i wanna go see see also!

I went No. 1 lightings. The uncle will recommend only lights within ur budget. But variety of dining lights not as gd thou. Haven got time to comb DK lighting n A lighting.. :(

It's square ones. I'm not too sure about the round downlights; didn't check on the prices. This is the address: 371 Balestier Road S(329788) :)

Hee... Did Ah Soon tell u when he needs the lights to be delivered? I think it'll b pretty soon for u. Weekend is here tml, faster go and chiong lights shops. :P

I think the depth of the false ceiling/L-box is standard, and you can just buy what you like. So far, the electrician or our contractor did not ask us what type of lights we're buying. We just discussed on the num of downlights that's all. My false ceilings do not have any holes for the downlights as yet, so I suspect they'll see what you buy, and then cut the correct sized holes. :)

Still got time lar. Yeak did not rush u guys rite? :P Electrical work will include rewiring (if u doing), extra electrical points, lights, etc etc. So it'll take awhile loh.

Oh, haha, haven do the base yet ah? Then I believe they'll do that first loh, cuz my sequence was all bases then electrical works. The workers will have to tile the bases as well woh. Did Yeak rush u guys for the type of WM/fridge u'll be getting? I sent him my dimensions, and he did the bases around that size loh. If u're using Rondy's layout plan for u, the workers will have to do the short wall btw ur cabinets and WM.

Thanks for the info, Angel. The shop I visited a few days ago ask me to check with my electrician on the size and depth before coming back. So did you get the 6" downlight or 5"?

ohh...thanks for reminding on the dimension for the fridge and WM. I need to go home and take the measurements tonite...then tomoro can pass to yeak...heheee...

i really like the location of your new house cos i grown up there :P...i used to stay in blk 457 at st.41. Love the 501 market with lots of lots of yummy food...

Thanks for the info, Angel. The shop I visited a few days ago ask me to check with my electrician on the size and depth before coming back. So did you get the 6" downlight or 5"?

:dunno: The size I'm not too sure leh. Cuz every shop I go, then only ask me "u wan 13W one or 18W one?" But I think mine shd be the 5" bah, cuz I wan those that can only put in 13W lights. The larger ones can put in 18W or 13W, but I find them about the same. So must as well get the slightly smaller ones, and save $$. :P

Hmm.. That's interesting. All the shops that I went to, none of the staff asked me that qns. hehe

ohh...thanks for reminding on the dimension for the fridge and WM. I need to go home and take the measurements tonite...then tomoro can pass to yeak...heheee...

i really like the location of your new house cos i grown up there :P...i used to stay in blk 457 at st.41. Love the 501 market with lots of lots of yummy food...

Hee.. Can either measure at home, or search online for the specifications. The actual specifications will b very accurate. :) Wah, exciting leh. After the bases done, will b electrical works, then painting, then carpentry, then u can shift in after they wash liao. hehehehe...

Oh! That's so near my place now! So ur parents still living there? Or they shifted liao? Hee... Next time when u come visit ur parents (if they still stay there), can drop by to chit chat. :P Oh ya man! I love the mkt. Love the location too! Go left got all these mkts and shops, go right got NTUC and more shops... Hee... Recently just realized that the nearest food court is a 24hr tingy.. So hapi.. :P

Edited by Angel81

wah Rondy...very cheng cheng looking kitchen...haha...my fav color combi somemore...nice nice!!

Angel, my parents no longer staying there le....all shifted out from Jurong...sob sob...

Angel, my parents no longer staying there le....all shifted out from Jurong...sob sob...

Haha, icic. Oh well, can always come back to walk walk & makan. Sg so small, go everywhere also very easy. :)