Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yeeck

Rice Urn

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Mr. Chong, when is the best time to change the old coin that I placed inside the rice urn? and how to dispose the old coin? Thanks!

Hello

I don't quite get what you mean. Old coin placed in the rice urn? Would you like you update me how you come about this?

Hello

I don't quite get what you mean. Old coin placed in the rice urn? Would you like you update me how you come about this?

Sorry, maybe my question is not clear enough. Last year I started to place a red angpow packet with gold coin under the rice, in the bottom of rice urn. From what I understand, we have to replace these coins at the beginning for every year. This will bring good fortune and abudance year after year. I would like to know how I'm going to disposed the old coin? Thanks.

Hi YEECK

I thought of buying a rice urn too.

The placing of rice urn is in the kitchen and should be visible? I mean when we go to the kitchen, we will be able to see the urn?

If need to put red angpow, how much we need to put?

Thanks!

HAPPY

I know some will stick the Chinese character, “Full” (man or chang man)

Not sure on the red packet/coin in “mee-tang” (hokkien)

:unsure:

Hi YEECK

I thought of buying a rice urn too.

The placing of rice urn is in the kitchen and should be visible? I mean when we go to the kitchen, we will be able to see the urn?

If need to put red angpow, how much we need to put?

Thanks!

HAPPY

Mine one is visible as I place beside the refrigerator in the kitchen :D You can use a red envelope with 3 chien lung coins tied in red thread or 9 emperor coins. You can get it at WOFS shop.

I know some will stick the Chinese character, “Full” (man or chang man)

Not sure on the red packet/coin in “mee-tang” (hokkien) :unsure:

I think I put that as well. :D

need change every year de ar? last time they told me can put as long as possible ler...better is put coin so can last long. i put $8.88cent and put on a red packet and seal it with plastic and put on below my rice container :dunno:

need change every year de ar? last time they told me can put as long as possible ler...better is put coin so can last long. i put $8.88cent and put on a red packet and seal it with plastic and put on below my rice container :dunno:

Put in the urn or the urn sits on the red packet? Where is the ideal location to place the urn?

Hello

I see. Now I understand :)

And to all other forummers, take note:

This is a traditional procedure. You can do it yearly or once and for all. The master who suggest that you place at a certain location may have to advice you on yearly changes (if necessary) depending on his method. Usually, this is a minor issue. If the location is specified by the master, then will have to check with him. If there was no indication of location placement in the beginning, then there was no method applied and renewal of coins is up to you.

Make sure any coins are soaked in salt water for a few days or at least a few hours.

Location wise will depend on your house FS. Generally, this should be a 'wang' location because there are much activities there.

If you all like good phrases during CNY, you can sprinkle some rice on top of the cover/ beside meaning 'overflow'. (This is again tradition, not FS :) )